Bad Ebay Users - The Official Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
wom

Post by wom »

I have sent 'gift' payments twice lately and got my stuff.
I have one more right now, so i cannot tell whats going to happen at the moment.

I know its risky but not everyone is a thief and trusting others was the core of oldschool trade scene. I guess i am old :(
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I'd never send a payment as a gift on Paypal. This is subject to paypal fees too, so if a seller asks to send as gift this probabily means he wants the buyer protection mechanism switched off. And that's suspicious.
wom

Post by wom »

There are no fees if you already have positive paypal balance, plus some sellers wont trust the common buyer.
Or, a gift doesnt look as a commercial transaction in their account, who knows.

Sometimes i ll take my chances
Manta

Post by Manta »

Avenger wrote:
Helstar wrote:
Avenger wrote: It wouldn't matter anyways. Since you are in Italy all you would have to do is provide a scan of the postal receipt to paypal if a claim was opened and you will automatically win.

Apparently Italy is special in this regard.
If i send not registered, there is no postal receipt...

For the rest, did something happen to you ? Italian seller ? Who ?
A while back I had a package sent to me from Italy that I paid for with paypal. The package never arrived and because it was sent without registration and the seller could not prove that I received it I thought that filing the dispute would be an automatic easy win according to paypal protocol. The case was decided in the sellers favour. Pissed off, I called paypal customer service where I was told that Italian law considers any package that has proof of shipment to have been received by the recipient. I explained that paypal has a strict policy in every single other dispute that I have ever been involved with that no Tracking Number means that there is no proof that the package was delivered and therefore I should win the case. They told me that Italy is an exception to this case and that all the seller has to do is provide "proof" that the package was shipped and not that it was successfully delivered.

Needless to say, this was another case where I had to file a chargeback with my credit card company to get my money back.

It was complete bullshit.

Now, I don’t know how the postal system works in Italy so what would be considered “proof of shipment”? I assumed a payment receipt...
This kind of law Italy has needs to be applied in America.

I'm tired of foreigners "crying wolf" and PayPal siding in their favor, even though honest seller has custom slip copy plus receipt, plus shipping code easy to view online to prove his case.

I would definitely support a movement to stop PayPal's unwelcome indifference towards honest sellers. At least keep the proof of delivery rule for domestic sales only. Now that shipping fees have increased, there is more concern for buyer fraud.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Manta wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Helstar wrote: If i send not registered, there is no postal receipt...

For the rest, did something happen to you ? Italian seller ? Who ?
A while back I had a package sent to me from Italy that I paid for with paypal. The package never arrived and because it was sent without registration and the seller could not prove that I received it I thought that filing the dispute would be an automatic easy win according to paypal protocol. The case was decided in the sellers favour. Pissed off, I called paypal customer service where I was told that Italian law considers any package that has proof of shipment to have been received by the recipient. I explained that paypal has a strict policy in every single other dispute that I have ever been involved with that no Tracking Number means that there is no proof that the package was delivered and therefore I should win the case. They told me that Italy is an exception to this case and that all the seller has to do is provide "proof" that the package was shipped and not that it was successfully delivered.

Needless to say, this was another case where I had to file a chargeback with my credit card company to get my money back.

It was complete bullshit.

Now, I don’t know how the postal system works in Italy so what would be considered “proof of shipment”? I assumed a payment receipt...
This kind of law Italy has needs to be applied in America.

I'm tired of foreigners "crying wolf" and PayPal siding in their favor, even though honest seller has custom slip copy plus receipt, plus shipping code easy to view online to prove his case.

I would definitely support a movement to stop PayPal's unwelcome indifference towards honest sellers. At least keep the proof of delivery rule for domestic sales only. Now that shipping fees have increased, there is more concern for buyer fraud.
I don't know why you think the US should be exempt from this... There's a simple solution to all this nonsense, do not pay or accept payment by paypal. They are too inconsistent. Regardless what the situation is there are always loopholes as well.

Apparently, the Google payment system is starting to gain some momentum so hopefully it will give paypal some competition in the coming years and will cut down on the bullshit.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Manta

Post by Manta »

Simple solution is for PayPal to stop messing around. And what makes you think only the US should be exempt? The only reason I mentioned "America" is because it is where I live.

Moreover, to stop accepting payments by PayPal signifies a tremendous (key word) derease in customers. So it's more complicated than just simply disregarding the service. Thus it's not an easy solution.

I like your input though, and I appreciate the mention of google payments (I wasn't aware of this service). Maybe eBay will start involving this alternative, even at the expense of their own PayPal company.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

What about Skrill (ex Moneybookers) ? https://www.moneybookers.com/app/
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

thrasher1101 on ebay bidding on his items as:
nightspirit0510 (100% sure)
driver19880224 (80% sure)
tangyushi666 (80% sure)
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I've recently sold items to both driver19880224 and thrasher1101 and they seem to be different guys. At least they have different names and addresses :) both good buyers.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

They could be friends, 'helping' each other ... saw this problem for the Chronical Disturbance cd: I've tried to win it but guess who did ... now it's on auction again, 'buy it now' and higher price compared to the open auction price, says it all.
Last edited by Helstar on Tue May 07, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

Heathen wrote:I've recently sold items to both driver19880224 and thrasher1101 and they seem to be different guys. At least they have different names and addresses :) both good buyers.
I guess if you live in a country with over a billion ppl. it's not that difficult to find someone to help you out with a different mailing address.... :twisted:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Does anyone know this user???

Raven9999
"I am NOT a collector"
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

hey i even saw mr P. on facebook ,he even posted his pictures, wow,living dangerously
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

MassOfKthulu wrote:hey i even saw mr P. on facebook ,he even posted his pictures, wow,living dangerously
HAHAHA

Thats what I thought, No the Dangerous part but just how long he thought he could fool folks.

FUNNY STORY
Last year I bought something from Raven9999 (kind of knowing who it was)
I received the box no problem and all was well.

The name on the box was someone I didn't know so I looked up the address he wrote. Very funny it did not exist, and he put the town as a town about 100 miles from the post mark which was JP's home town.

I guess he didn't want me to know who it was but didn't mind selling me something
"I am NOT a collector"
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

i just can't get enough of his stories (breaking arms,legs,elbows,car accidents,nuclear holocausts in Ohio,his wife KNOWING what his rarest records are and stealing them) evel knievel of records
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear