Rarest LP/EP/CD from: Denmark?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Rarest LP/EP/CD from: Denmark?

Post by DaN »

We have a whole planet full of countries to dissect so let's just continue with the very random Kingdom Of Denmark, shall we?

LP: Could it be the mythical PULSE? Or maybe the utterly mysterious STUDS? Or where they too Hard Rock to qualify?

7": Judging by demand v/s availability, possibly RANDY?

CD: Beats me. What say the CD Collector-mafia?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Well my knowledge is little on that country
I own a Crystal Knight LP but it seems to pop up now and then
The Mercyful Fate 12" firstpress is one of the tougher to find as well as the Die Maske Bootleg LP
Perhaps the King Diamond "Conspiracy" LP with original cover (ca.50 ex)?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell wrote:Perhaps the King Diamond "Conspiracy" LP with original cover (ca.50 ex)?
Ah, yes, the one w/ the cover art used on the inner sleeve of the regular version. I guess that would be unbeatable on the LP-front.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Rarest 7" must be the Mirage with intverted cover colour (only 10 saved!). I never saw one for sale.

Randy could possible be the most expensive that still pops up from time to time.

I would regard both Pulze and Studs (who also made two 7") more as Hard Rock than metal.

The Elinor LP is pretty hard to find these days and also L.A.
The first Alien Force is alway expensive, but not that hard to find.

I've also seen the Wai Dee Sai LP sell for pretty high prices.

And then there's a ton of rare King and MF releases, but that's not nearly as much fun to talk about 8)

CDs I am not sure... Don't think we have any super rare metal CDs, maybe the Pixie Killers, I don't see that one very often. Also the Bad Medicine CD is hard to find, but again Hard Rock.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yeah, I think Pixie Killers only full length takes the cake for CD's.

The only other one that comes to mind is Artillery - By Inheritance and that's pretty common and fairly cheap.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

That inverted MIRAGE 7" would probably be the rarest single, yes. Quite a disappointment musically though. Hearing it on the MIRAGE reissue CD it turned out to be a proto-SleezeMetal disaster :(
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

snaps666 wrote: The first Alien Force is alway expensive, but not that hard to find.
Very similar to Crystal Kinght in terms of rarity I think
80-120€ but shows up sometimes
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

The Knell wrote:
snaps666 wrote: The first Alien Force is alway expensive, but not that hard to find.
Very similar to Crystal Kinght in terms of rarity I think
80-120€ but shows up sometimes
Yeah... And maybe the Wasted LP as well.

Funny about Wasted, I always see the purple version listed at higher prices than the black. I have had at least 10 purple, but never came across a black one!
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

DaN wrote:That inverted MIRAGE 7" would probably be the rarest single, yes. Quite a disappointment musically though. Hearing it on the MIRAGE reissue CD it turned out to be a proto-SleezeMetal disaster :(
Yeah the tracks on the 7" is not good at all! ... The MLP/LP is great though.

I still need to get that CD reissue... Only have the "normal cover" 7" and the MLP+LP.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Just remember another insanely rare 7" ... The original Zeyking. The whole print was damaged so the band just grabed a handfull and returned the rest for destruction. Only 2 remaining copies are known today!
One of them was used to make the recent repress.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Agreed that Randy seems to be the most in-demand (barring the King/MF completists). A copy shows up maybe once every 6 months on ebay (I know b/c I lost track of how many copies I've lost!). Very hard to find with a nice pic sleeve; it's a thin sleeve and most show noticeable damage

Is the Kim Sixx 7" very rare? I've only seen 1-2 copies but i get the sense it's not a top rarity or all that expensive
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger wrote:Yeah, I think Pixie Killers only full length takes the cake for CD's.

The only other one that comes to mind is Artillery - By Inheritance and that's pretty common and fairly cheap.
Probably yes, it seems that the members are so ashamed of it that they destroyed all the available copies :D

Some that are way rarer / expensive than Artillery:
Mercyful Fate slimlines
Zoser Mez original
Sacrificial - Forever Entangled
1st Furious Trauma?
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

nightsblood wrote:Is the Kim Sixx 7" very rare? I've only seen 1-2 copies but i get the sense it's not a top rarity or all that expensive
The Kim Sixx is pretty rare as well yes, and some copies were spread without covers as promotion. There is a poster as well, and that is very very rare!
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

sovdat wrote:[Sacrificial - Forever Entangled
1st Furious Trauma?
Sacrificial yes! Forgot about that one!

Stupid thing is, that Morten Nissen who released this one has a box in his attick, I've been trying to get him to find them and his old Trechoma magz for YEARS now, but he doesn't seem to care...

First Furious Trauma is rare as well, but I am not sure if it's expensive. I havn't seen one for sale in a very long time actualy.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

When I went record hunting in Copenhagen after the Alien Force + Artillery show last year, a friend of mine bought a Kim Sixx 7'' in excellent condition for 350 DKR (about 45 Euros). He already has a copy at home, and bought this one for trading purposes only.