How Much Do You Spend On Music?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Last month was my most budget-blowing, mind-blowing month ever, i guess, i ended up spending more than 3000€ on mostly rare records. It almost felt like i was a politician :).

But that was an exception, 400-500€ might be my norm. Still to much, if you ask my wife though :roll:.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
humus

Post by humus »

Used to be >€200/month, and on top of that money I got from selling records/CD's from my collection. Something which I've always done regularly.
Nowadays maybe €20/month + money received from selling records. I've cut down on the purchases and been selling more stuff.
Hope to get a job soon...then no doubt it'll be several hundreds a month again.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Shit Kuntz, what did you get???

I guess I used to spend around 300e a month, but now I've cut down, and don't necessarily spend anything on music, there are other things in life to sort out at the moment(but if I suddenly got a load of money I'd spend it all on LP:s ;) ), plus I stopped drinking.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I should add my attitude changed some time ago, also because I'm thinking of moving, well I stoped caring about having as many records as possible anymore, I was obsessing so much over records it wasn't healthy, now I'm able to calm down and think I might one day get those things, it's not the end of the world.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
mordred

Post by mordred »

In excess of 200 euros easily. I would spend more if I had the time to listen to more.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Keir

Post by Keir »

I don't keep a budget but I have noticed that I've been spending more lately than I ever used to. In the past 30 days I've spent $277 on records which is definitely one of my highest months. It's rare that I go over $200 but maybe that is changing?
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I think i spend around 800 Euros/month and this since about 25 years ! Its not really a problem. I have a good job and NO car !
Money is made to be spent ! It just looses worth on the account !
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nowdays I'd say only about €100 on average, but if there's a record fair I tend to spend €100-€300 there alone. A lot of what I buy is also for trading/selling at fairs.

The only times I spend larger amounts are on the KIT (and WOA in earlier years) Metal Market. I always try to have a €500+ budget for events like these.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

tbieri wrote:I think i spend around 800 Euros/month and this since about 25 years ! Its not really a problem. I have a good job and NO car !
Holy crap! That would be 240.000€!!

We can make a deal, you can have my car and i'll take care of your collection!

tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
tbieri wrote:I think i spend around 800 Euros/month and this since about 25 years ! Its not really a problem. I have a good job and NO car !

OK ! This is a bit too high ! Back then i bought less expensive shit and in the beginning of the 90ies if buyed a bit less too. My personal calculation is at about 150'000.- Euros.
But in this 25 years i would have needed about 3 cars. Lets say first a cheap one for 10000.-, a second better one for 20000.- and then, at the age of 40 you need this, a really nice confortable car for about 40000.-. This makes already 70000.- Euros. Then you add insurances, fuel, services, repariations, etc.

So you should give me at least 3 cars !!!

PS: I am at my 4th Motorbike now since ! :lol:
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I spend far, far too much. This month has been better though, around €200, probably a little less. Maybe I'll try to reduce it a bit more. Just bough a new flat and I'll need to stay within the budget.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

tbieri wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:

OK ! This is a bit too high ! Back then i bought less expensive shit and in the beginning of the 90ies if buyed a bit less too. My personal calculation is at about 150'000.- Euros.
But in this 25 years i would have needed about 3 cars. Lets say first a cheap one for 10000.-, a second better one for 20000.- and then, at the age of 40 you need this, a really nice confortable car for about 40000.-. This makes already 70000.- Euros. Then you add insurances, fuel, services, repariations, etc.

Haha, okay since i don't own three cars that deal is dead & buried :lol:.

Well, life is short, you've got to allow yourself something!

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
tbieri wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:

Haha, okay since i don't own three cars that deal is dead & buried :lol:.

Well, life is short, you've got to allow yourself something!
And if you had stayed at your parents house these last 25 years you could have saved more & would have bought more records :lol:

Just kidding :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

ION BRITTON wrote:
And if you had stayed at your parents house these last 25 years you could have saved more & would have bought more records :lol:

Just kidding :)
NOOOO ! This price would have been way too high !
To have a Family is great, if you're not living with it ! :lol:
Levi

Post by Levi »

Around 100 euro avarage a month. That's enough for a student.