Anyone Know This Ebay Seller?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
nightsblood

Anyone Know This Ebay Seller?

Post by nightsblood »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0355205701

Another Greek seller... I don't recognize the user ID but the auction layout is very familiar. If anyone has dealt with this person and can give them a thumbs-up or thumbs-down, please let me know. While their feedback is good, it looks like most of the recent feedback is on cd's selling for less than $10.

Thanks for any help!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

"Metalheads trust us!"? "Metal On"? Sounds like Greg again. Not 100% sure though. If it IS Greg, how many eBay accounts does he have? :shock:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

If this was true WHY would you have to write it?
"Metalheads trust us!"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

The fact that the seller addresses him- or herself in plural suggests there is a store, rather than a single person behind the user ID.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Khnud wrote:The fact that the seller addresses him- or herself in plural suggests there is a store, rather than a single person behind the user ID.
Or that is what (s)he wants you to believe...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The 100% positive feedback probably doesn't mean a thing to some people. Don't know if it's Greg or not, the seller seems trustworthy to me in any case.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

For me personally, Greek Seller = AVOID.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Avenger wrote:For me personally, Greek Seller = AVOID.
9 times out of 10, I would agree with this 100%. I did take a chance on one Greek seller once, and ended up with a trading / buying partner that is one of the best! Akis is definitely the exception, though, and not the rule when you think of Greek sellers / traders.
wom

Post by wom »

Yes, it's Greg. Personally, i had no problems with him.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Thanks for the info. Given the problems that others have had when dealing with him, I'll just wait for another copy to turn up via a seller who has a better rep.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

wom wrote:Yes, it's Greg. Personally, i had no problems with him.
Nevertheless, WHY does he have so many eBay accounts?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Khnud wrote:
wom wrote:Yes, it's Greg. Personally, i had no problems with him.
Nevertheless, WHY does he have so many eBay accounts?
I don't understand what are you up to man. You're seeing the perfect feedback and you're still wondering why does he have so many accounts. That's his ''problem''. As long as he's doing his job on ebay well (judging from the feedback of his account), i don't see why you should start posing such questions on such a thread. If you're interested about it you may send him a PM and find out. As far as i remember his past account was very OK as well with extremely good feedback, if not flawless.

Now, i undestand that some of you may have/had a problem, personal or not, with Greg and eatmetal, but that may be a problem with the deals you made through his label's site. His ebay ratings seem fine though. If you happened to have a problem with Greg on ebay please state it here. Otherwise state your problems with eatmetal in this thread.

nightsblood asked a certain question and the answer was given. Now, if you are going to buy from the seller in question, that's your own decision. But this thread is not about spreading rumours about eatmetal and speculating things.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

its a (currently) 99 cent auction and hes got 379 pos feedbacks 0 negative, what are you so afraid of? jesus christ just take a chance at it. :roll:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

sabbat666 wrote:its a (currently) 99 cent auction and hes got 379 pos feedbacks 0 negative, what are you so afraid of? jesus christ just take a chance at it. :roll:
The fact that the auction is currently at 99 cents is absolutely meaningless. The album will likely sell for over $100. I am not going to send $100+ to someone who has a poor reputation as a seller, regardless of whether that reputation was earned through his ebay or non-ebay transactions, or both.
If it were a $3 cd, then sure, take a chance, but not on a pricey item. His feedback was mostly accrued on cheap cd's and a huge chunk of that feedback has come within the past couple of weeks, so even based on his ebay sales he does not have an established track record of good service with expensive items. Add to that his history of switching ebay user ID's repeatedly and I conclude there's something shady going on. Thus, I will not bid on the album, case closed.

Ion- I know what I need to know. If you feel this thread is devolving, feel free to delete the entire thing.
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I feel that I need to explain my reasons for wondering about multiple eBay accounts, at least to Mr. Britton. If you have multiple accounts it's quite easy to increase your rank by fake selling lots of items between the accounts and leaving positive feedback. That way, your score increases and your reputation remains spotless. It's a well-known way for gaining rank and reputation without actually selling anything. I'm not sure Greg is using this tactic, but it still makes me raise an eyebrow.

That's why I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a reason to his multiple accounts.