Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

humus wrote:Was Toxik World circus CD ever bootlegged?
Yes. Haven't seen an official Roadracer version yet but I suspect it's one of those 'identical' bootlegs.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

A question, is Mutilator "Immortal Force", released by REMEMBER FOREVER RECORDS a bootleg???

Also, here in Chile have been circulating a CD of Massacra "Final Holocaust", edition by FIREBOMBER RECORDS, and I think it's a bootleg, do anyone have more information?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

ION BRITTON wrote:
humus wrote:Was Toxik World circus CD ever bootlegged?
Yes. Haven't seen an official Roadracer version yet but I suspect it's one of those 'identical' bootlegs.
Actually, it doesn't look identical, at least the only bootleg for which I know:

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Image
Haha, that's terrible...

I agree though, at least it's not an identical bootleg.

Easily told apart.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DMR

Post by DMR »

There's also a bootleg of Think This which looks just as bad as that World Circus boot, if not worse. It's even easier to identify as a fake because it's missing two songs!
humus

Post by humus »

Ah cool, if that's the bootleg then I have bought two original copies. It's a silver CD with black lettering and the roadrunner logo. Also the booklet is different.
What would be a fair price to sell the spare one for?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

humus wrote:Ah cool, if that's the bootleg then I have bought two original copies. It's a silver CD with black lettering and the roadrunner logo. Also the booklet is different.
What would be a fair price to sell the spare one for?
Post a scan and I'll tell you if it's legit.

Normally goes for $50.00 - $60.00 USD.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
humus

Post by humus »

In case anybody needs one, I will sell or trade one for any decent offer.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Unfortunately it definetly looks like a boot to me. The matrix area is different, the font is different. Check if the CD has the following matrix code: SONOPRESS C-1481/RR 95722 A
humus

Post by humus »

That's what the matrix says on this one too...

A riddle unfolds :lol:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Well, Some new boots (and that one - if it's a boot - is new, never seen one before) have the same matrix as originals (take the Target boot for example). Here you have a photo of the original one, judge for yourself.

Also, look at the RR 9572 2 above the Roadrunner logo. It is more like RR 95722 without the space before the last digit on your copy.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

It seems like the same generation boot as that Vendetta - Brain Damage I had (same matrix code, but the design was very different).

$50 - $60 for what?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I have a copy of Exciter - Heavy Metal Maniac on CD. No booklet - just the cover, CD is completely plain looking - containing just the band name and title (in the same font as the cover). No matrix number on the CD. Back cover contains a lyrics quote, member pictures and a track list. No info on which label, year pressed or anything. One bonus track - "World War III".

I'm pretty sure this is a bootleg (even though I got it from a retail store), but if any of you CD-hoarders know anything about it, I'm interested.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

If this is the same copy as the musik sammler listing, yes, that was a quite common bootleg from the US that was in circulation before Megaforce re-issued the bands back catalogue in 2005.