Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:I presume this is some affiliate of Vegascds, unless there is another "Entrapreneur" on the "European imports" CDR market :lol:
"Strike Force" Records is one of the many "labels" sam uses for his bootleg CD-R's.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I noticed there's also Iceland, Accuser-Who Dominates.. etc...
a real pity..
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The guy drives Lamborghini, the gas is expensive, needs cash :lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Seems Vegancds has booted Forbidden and Cutty Sark among other bizarre common cheapos like Capricorn and Aggressor... the dude clearly ran out of good stuff to boot...

By the way I was just notified that an official Sororicide re-release is in the works. Would be interesting to see if the original prices will drop once an official re-issue is out.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Beware of the recently bootlegged Mausoleum Classix Series of CD's that are now in circulation. These contain identical Matrix Numbers to the originals but are told appart by the usual slightly different font/size/position. These were being sold on eBay by THIS seller. I have personally seen these CD's myself and afterwards sent him a threatening message and he has since pulled his auctions, but I know it will only be a matter of time before he creates a new eBay account or starts selling them again anyways.

Here is his address:

Abs. D Jopp
Hauptstraße 24
63863 Großwallstadt
Deutschland
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I'm planning on writing an article about the current bootlegging 'epidemic' some time in the future to help spread the awareness of these problems, but obviously you guys know about this stuff a lot better than me, so would anyone care to elaborate into more detail as to how this stuff came about, who these Greek people are, what stuff has been bootlegged, how to tell bootlegs from the real McCoy, etc?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Dodens Grav wrote:what stuff has been bootlegged
Here's a part of the answer. Do some research in Metal Conquest sub-forum and you'll surely find some interesting things.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

oh, oh... looks like a 'new kid' on the bootleg block:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANACRUSIS-Reason-CD ... 286.c0.m14
hload

Post by hload »

Korgüll wrote:oh, oh... looks like a 'new kid' on the bootleg block:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANACRUSIS-Reason-CD ... 286.c0.m14

you missed some episodes. :lol: run out of pop corn? 8)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Item location: Peristeri, Attica, Greece
= avoid
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

hload wrote:you missed some episodes. :lol: run out of pop corn? 8)
I wish I knew what that meant :roll:
hload

Post by hload »

i meant,my bro, that he isn't a new kid on the boot block.

by the way i just saw his auctions and compared a couple of them with my original ones, for example roko(which i'm listening at the moment), paganini and escape(what a baby is this one, have it also on vinyl, better than their rarer 2nd one) and they're boots only by just seeing the cds.hope they'll spend all the money on doctors.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

no, i meant that title, not the seller...

i know he's been selling the crap for ages
:wink:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Beware of this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

Gives photos of original CDs and then ships bootlegs. Lucky for me someone outbid me for the above one. I Got a second chance offer from him (which - lucky again - I didn't take instatnly) and started to wonder what is going on, asked him some questions - no reply. Then I read his latest feedback, which I think leaves no further questions.
humus

Post by humus »

Was Toxik World circus CD ever bootlegged? Just asking because today I bought what appears to be two brand new copies. Seller didn't have any other bootlegs though, so they could very well be original.
Not that I would care if they are bootlegs as I bought them for just a few euro's.