Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

There is a BLACK VIRGIN compilation tape circulating. Dont know if its a bootleg and how it looks/whats on it. Anybody has more info?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:BEWARE THE HIGH VAULTAGE RECORDS CD CATELOG FROM 1997 HAS RECENTLY BEEN BOOTLEGGED WITH IDENTICAL MATRIX NUMBERS ON THE CD'S TO THE ORIGINAL DISCS. THE WAY TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE FROM THE ORIGINALS IS BY THE DIFFERENT SIZE/FONT OF THE MATRIX NUMBER AND THE FACT THAT THESE ARE NOT FACTORY PROFESSIONAL PRESSED CD'S AND APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN DONE CHEAPLY, THEREFORE HAVING A SLIGHTLY BLURRED PRINTING EFFECT ON THE DISC TOP/INSERTS.

THERE IS A PERSON CURRENTLY SELLING THESE ON EBAY UNDER THE ACCOUNT: dd_records.

FULL ADDRESS OF THIS BOOTLEGGER IS:

ALEX SKULEVICH
8550 WEST DESERT INN
SUITE 102-129
LAS VEGAS, NV 89117
U.S.A.

THIS BOOTLEGGER IS SUSPECTED TO HAVE TIES WITH "VEGAS CD'S" / "RETROSPECT_AT_ROCKLAHOMA_2008" / WELL KNOWN BOOTLEGGER FROM LAS VEGAS.
How come they have matrix numbers, yet are not factory pressed? You cannot put matrix numbers on CDr, unless printed as part of the artwork, which would be highly hilarious imo...
I've seen a couple of these bootlegs with my own eyes. There are Matrix Numbers but they look rather odd to anyone that's been CD collecting for any period of time.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

msp wrote:
Please don't buy anything from this guy if you can help it. He is not overly realiable. He used to sell on NETSOUNDS under aa few different names and the amount of time I have spent in the past chasing him up for orders and/or missing items is unbelievable!! Not the cheapest either!
He lives near me so if anyone has a problem let me know and I'll send the wench round.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
rooster

Post by rooster »

guys , can you help me with this one?

Recently i have bought The Sane Asylum on Ebay. Unfortunately, i think its a bootleg. Booklet smells a little inky and has 4 pages, first - the cover, second - ABSOLUTELY white page with nothing written, third - the same as second, 4- the same as back cover with track list in different place. Matrix code: 8226111312SB10640.

Pics:

In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

rooster wrote:guys , can you help me with this one?

Recently i have bought The Sane Asylum on Ebay. Unfortunately, i think its a bootleg. Booklet smells a little inky and has 4 pages, first - the cover, second - ABSOLUTELY white page with nothing written, third - the same as second, 4- the same as back cover with track list in different place. Matrix code: 8226111312SB10640.

Pics:

It COULD be real. Its been years since I owned that cd (I have the more recent Metal Mind re-issue now) but I do seem to remember that Combat's old cds had that weird thing with the blank pages.

Somebody with more expertise will hopefully chime in.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
rooster

Post by rooster »

i bought it from guy, who, as it turned out, in the past selled bootlegs, so this is another point that give me worries...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

rooster wrote:i bought it from guy, who, as it turned out, in the past selled bootlegs, so this is another point that give me worries...
What's the dude’s user ID that you bought it from?

I've never liked this album; so unfortunately, I've never owned a copy myself.

It would still be nice to know whom to avoid...

Sovdat can probably help you though.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I've had two copies of Combat version, both came with blank booklet, and same matrix - 8226 111312 SB10640, however they were slightly different, but I can't tell exactly since I didn't have both at one time + the I can't take a look at the one I still have.

Here's the pic of the one I bought from some guy from Malaysia or Singapore or something like that:

http://sovdat.moj-album.com/slike/24080 ... gz3z.v.jpg

I bought it on ebay, the weird thing was that I wasn't the highest bidder, it ended at $33 and I still got a 2nd chance offer for my $27 bid. Seller's feedback was hidden (private), and everything was a little weird, so I suppose that it may be some very well done bootleg (the matrix area looks better and not as "Greek" as it may seem from the picture).

I don't have that copy anymore, but I do have another one, which, as I said looks nearly identical (some slight differences in matrix area), and is 100% official, since I bought it from a trustworthy seller who bought it somewhere in late 80s / early 90s.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Well, strange! Maybe we have bought it from the same guy, i bought it also from guy from malesia, but item was in singapore. The guy from whic i have bought it is Otariman known previously as the Creation_78

http://myworld.ebay.pl/otariman/

Well, still i don't know what to do with this...:/
GJ

Post by GJ »

What the hell is this!
Coven - Worship new gods CD
http://recordheaven.webcms.se/index.cfm ... &iID=75806
Record Heaven seems to go for bootlegs these days. Lots of them rarities compilation and stuff like both Thor (Spain) LPs on one cd - are any of these official. Confusing as hell in any case.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

GJ wrote:What the hell is this!
Coven - Worship new gods CD
http://recordheaven.webcms.se/index.cfm ... &iID=75806
Record Heaven seems to go for bootlegs these days. Lots of them rarities compilation and stuff like both Thor (Spain) LPs on one cd - are any of these official. Confusing as hell in any case.
It's the boot CD from Hot Metal. The one with the cardboard sleeve. Nothing new, many obscurities were also bootlegged the same way : SALEM'S WYCH, KILLEN, PARADOXX, STEEL ANGEL etc.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

are there vinyl bootlegs of Hallow's Victim around? I suspect I may have gotten myself one. no lyrics, tracklist on the back slightly blurry, weird info under the SST logo "SST:UK 208 Bravington Road Lonon [sic!] W9". thanks for your help!
Levi

Post by Levi »

Yes, there's a batch on the market it seems. I've come accross those a couple of times already. It's the price that gives it away, otherwise they look quite like the original. Unlike the S/T, where it's very easy to spot.
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

yeah, I had a hunch that price was just too good to be true. the sound is a bit dubious as well.. might be the fucked stereo, hard to tell right now. thanks Levi.

stay away from this guy then: http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/8236831
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Hello guys!

Is the MYSTIC FORCE Shipwrecked with the Wicked CD legal or not?