Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
caminantenocturno

Post by caminantenocturno »

ION BRITTON wrote:
caminantenocturno wrote:
Korgüll wrote:Beware:
SORTILEGE bootlegs are out! SPV mid-price & Axe Killer EP
Also, there is a bootleg of the JAP pres sing of DARK STAR!

CD only or Vinyl as well?
CDs dude.

Thanks, man ...
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

WHITE STALLION RECORDS aka hiding under BLOOD AND IRON RECORDS

White Stallion Records:

METAL CHURCH "The shrapnel years 81-84" CD Digipack - Demos collection by Seattle Metal legends. (Jan. 2008)

AMEBIX "In the vaults of Insanity" CD – Rare live sets from 1982 and 86 with good sound. (Jan. 2008)

Still on distribution:

TROUBLE "Dallas, Texas, Alive!" CD (White Stallion - Limited to 500 copies)
This is the best live recording known to date from Trouble made in Dallas, Texas, in 1990. featured many classics such as Psalm 9, Assassin, The Wolf, Black Shapes of Doom, etc. and a Beatles cover (Helter Skelter). Total of 12 tracks never came out officially, now for the first time with an exclusive full color cover and 6 page color booklet with photos, memorabilia and rare 90's press kit texts. A must in your TROUBLE collection!

GRANICUS "s/t + 1973 Radio Show" CD (White Stallion – Ltd. to 500!)
For the first time remastered and expanded in deluxe gatefold mini Lp sleeve! Bonus tracks from a 1973 radio session with an unreleased track not on the original album. Hear one of the biggest cult Hard Rock bands of the 70's embraced by all Stoner Rock movement on par with bands like Captain Beyond, Bang and Sir Lord Baltimore.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Anyone have any information or lists of titles released by the following bootleg record companies:

Time Warp Records
Strike Force Records
Mosh It Up Records
Hot Metal Records

Thanks in advance.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Anyone have any information or lists of titles released by the following bootleg record companies:

Time Warp Records
Strike Force Records
Mosh It Up Records
Hot Metal Records

Thanks in advance.
those are cheap duplicated CD-R knock-offs the asshole Sam MacCaslin (a.k.a vegascds, themetalkingdom on eBay) and owner of Retrospect records duplicates in bulk and sells on eBay disguised as Italian or Spanish Imports. Which is complete bogus of course, he presses the dupes here in USA at places like www.diskfaktory.com

I dont have a complete list as he seems to have a new one almost every week. He must have duped hundreds of titles already...

Just go to eBay, do a serach for the seller themetalkingdom, and basically every CD listed as Spanish or Italian Import is such CD-R dupe.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

& Ebay won't do anything about it either as he's making them lots & lots of money!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I've heard some rumours that he has finally gotten a decent CD factory, so his new "releases" won't be in such a disastrous condition anymore ..
nabel

Re: Bootleg Warning Thread

Post by nabel »

caminantenocturno wrote: Are you shure about these? High Roller is an excellent mailorder - I wonder if their're producing boots.
Atleast they used to.
Not a word mentioned anymore about SPARTA, MARQUIS DE SADE, HELL and someother LP's I can't remember anymore at their website. I have to say I have few of them, didn't know they were bootlegs back then when I bought then. Have some of their legit releases too.
I think those bootlegged vinyls were made together with "Hades Paradise"?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

nabel wrote:
caminantenocturno wrote: Are you shure about these? High Roller is an excellent mailorder - I wonder if their're producing boots.
Atleast they used to.
Not a word mentioned anymore about SPARTA, MARQUIS DE SADE, HELL and someother LP's I can't remember anymore at their website. I have to say I have few of them, didn't know they were bootlegs back then when I bought then. Have some of their legit releases too.
From what I've heard, and remember this is second hand info, they have released a couple of releases which were boots. They later tried to make that up to the bands, and I understood the bands were OK with it. Their later releases are supposed to be official, but again, this really is hearsay. I cannot argue the truth of this.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

nabel wrote:
Atleast they used to.
Yeah Hades Paradise is Joe Pangello (sp?)... He just used High Roller as a distributor for his worthless bootlegs.
wom

Post by wom »

Does anyone owns an original copy of Mekong delta debut release on AAARRG on cd?

i would like to check the cd matrix against one im going to buy.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:Anyone have any information or lists of titles released by the following bootleg record companies:

Time Warp Records
Strike Force Records
Mosh It Up Records
Hot Metal Records

Thanks in advance.
those are cheap duplicated CD-R knock-offs the asshole Sam MacCaslin (a.k.a vegascds, themetalkingdom on eBay) and owner of Retrospect records duplicates in bulk and sells on eBay disguised as Italian or Spanish Imports. Which is complete bogus of course, he presses the dupes here in USA at places like www.diskfaktory.com

I dont have a complete list as he seems to have a new one almost every week. He must have duped hundreds of titles already...

Just go to eBay, do a serach for the seller themetalkingdom, and basically every CD listed as Spanish or Italian Import is such CD-R dupe.
You have quite the info on the guy.

Did you have a bad experience with him some how?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Anyone knows, if this guy is a bootleger or not & if this is the original ADX CD or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

I asked him if he can provide a picture of CD& matrix number, and all he said was:

Hello
the picture is the good one and the barcode of this Sydney Edition (original one) is 3229261927728 (the other edition : Musidisc have another barcode 9399084804538).
regards and have a good day
Patrick
K2M
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Anyone knows, if this guy is a bootleger or not & if this is the original ADX CD or not?

I asked him if he can provide a picture of CD& matrix number, and all he said was:

Hello
the picture is the good one and the barcode of this Sydney Edition (original one) is 3229261927728 (the other edition : Musidisc have another barcode 9399084804538).
Patrick
K2M
Not sure, I've never dealt with him but good old Vuvr bought it.

He sure gets around.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

What the fuck is that shit are they working together? I saw this other guy bidding on every first press of Devastation - Idolatry that surfaces on ebay,it seems rather odd to me.

I also never understood why people buy stuff that only has a stock picture, if its used it sure as hell better have an extensive fucking photo session if I am paying more than 10 dollars for it, you can't trust feedback nowadays especially with these bigwigs with 20k plus positive feedback, a rule of thumb is if they have 200 negative those are the only people that figured out they were bootlegs or that cared.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:Anyone knows, if this guy is a bootleger or not & if this is the original ADX CD or not?

Hello
Patrick
K2M
Not sure, I've never dealt with him but good old Vuvr bought it.

He sure gets around.
He's a cool guy, but fuck he's got more money to throw around at CD's than anyone I've EVER known...