Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

Yakish wrote:Yes, you can add it to bootleg database Charly! Together with Destiny "Atomic Winter" and Sacrifice "Torment In Fire" both from auctions of this scum seller
Thanks mate, I will add them and for sure the seller too :twisted:
Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

Zdan wrote:
Yakish wrote:Yes, you can add it to bootleg database Charly! Together with Destiny "Atomic Winter" and Sacrifice "Torment In Fire" both from auctions of this scum seller
I wonder if his Aggressor CD is a bootleg one? I never have seen a legitimate copy of that one so it might as well be a bootleg.
Compared with my AGGRESSOR cd it looks like to be a legit one, but after seeing that he sold this shitload of bootlegs I would be careful to buy anyhing from this f*****
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Zdan wrote:Did anyone deal with the seller twister74356 before? He seems to selling lots of rarities for rather good prices...
This is one of the many bootlegs re-sellers, avoid him at all cost, he also lies if you ask specific infos (told me that he got Deathrow cds 20 years ago directly from the fan club, LOL :lol: )

If you look better, most of the cds he sells comes from the notorious azintex-music.
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

Metalhunter wrote:Does anyone know if there's a WARLORD - Best Of Cd bottleg in circulation? If you will check edytametal's ebay auction it seems so...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARLORD-BEST-WA ... 336d59e1ba

he offered this cd:

and this is mine (which I have for many years in my collection...):

:? Hopefully no one from this board will bid on this...
You don't have to be troubled if this or that is bootleg.
If u take some time to see each seller's feedback, item history etc, u can easily understand that.
As said many times already, here in Greece there are 3 persons working together ,using at least 10 different ebay accounts this moment and in the recent past ,selling bootleg identical cds, lps ,shirts etc etc stating that these are original!
And this "business" works very good since they have made thousands of euros from that.
Just be smart and keep your eyes open.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Just to chime in with that Aggressor deal. I think it may be a new bootleg. This is awful coincidence that a sealed copy also appeared in one of the greek shops - just try to search for Aggressor in the No Remorse Records greek label store.

Any way anybody find it funny? :wink: Also there might be a new batch of bootlegs for the titles I'm seeing in the No Remorse shop.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

If the Aggressor in the auction is a boot, it has to be the best I've ever seen. Dead ringer for the other Cinram discs in my collection, and these discs look quite unusual compared to most CDs so I think they wouldn't be able to duplicate it easily.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Maybe it was the "original" they have just cloned. We will see in the next auctions (which should be all boots).
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

perishinflames wrote:If the Aggressor in the auction is a boot, it has to be the best I've ever seen. Dead ringer for the other Cinram discs in my collection, and these discs look quite unusual compared to most CDs so I think they wouldn't be able to duplicate it easily.
After I have seen the latest Blind Illusion boots I really believe they could do this perfectly. And honestly - two greek sellers/distros having the same record is such a short amount of time? Seems weird to me!
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

It's time for an official AGGRESSOR re-release, isn't it?

Stormspell? :D
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Nasty Uwe wrote:It's time for an official AGGRESSOR re-release, isn't it?

YES! :wink:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I agree, it is a strange situation. But it wouldn't be the first time. How many times have you seen reliable Greek sellers with multiple copies of rare and still sealed US metal records? Me, a lot of times. Maybe they're just more successful at finding old stock, I don't know. Take chatzial from this forum (great guy btw), has many copies of rare US/CAN stuff, all original and brand new. Who knows how he got them, but they are legitimate originals. Those Greeks are crafty in more ways than one.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Most of the records i have in stock came directly from the bands.
I located many bands back in the '90s and i bought their reamaining copies whenever i could. That was before facebook and myspace and believe me it was very difficult for a guy from Greece to locate band members from other countries.
I have only one copy of EMMY STRUT, TROP FEROSS and MEZMERIST
but in the past i used to have many more. Some of the collectors of this forum may not know it but they have in their collections records that they bought or traded with well known sellers, that in fact came from me. This helped me a lot to build a collection because actually most of the records i found i traded them for records that i could not afford to buy.

perishinflames wrote:I agree, it is a strange situation. But it wouldn't be the first time. How many times have you seen reliable Greek sellers with multiple copies of rare and still sealed US metal records? Me, a lot of times. Maybe they're just more successful at finding old stock, I don't know. Take chatzial from this forum (great guy btw), has many copies of rare US/CAN stuff, all original and brand new. Who knows how he got them, but they are legitimate originals. Those Greeks are crafty in more ways than one.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:If the Aggressor in the auction is a boot, it has to be the best I've ever seen. Dead ringer for the other Cinram discs in my collection, and these discs look quite unusual compared to most CDs so I think they wouldn't be able to duplicate it easily.
We can also only see one small section of the Matrix. Based on what I can see it does look legit. I can only work with what I'm given though. I'll also agree that it looks damn good. Perhaps someone is willing to take a chance? I'm open to comparisons with my copy.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:It's time for an official AGGRESSOR re-release, isn't it?

YES! :wink:
Have a contact for the band?

If not, Iordan's already stated that he's not interested.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger, will you please refrain from talking on my behalf please!

I only asked for people not to post suggestions in the RWH thread without being able to provide contacts, so to avoid turning it into endless wish listing. Apart from that, I always appreciate good suggestions.

To get on topic: since Aggressor seems likely to be bootlegged by the Greeks already, I have no interest in it.

All in all, nowadays I'm much more interested in releasing demos/previously unreleased stuff for which I can come with brand new genuine packaging, and would not have to worry about bootlegs and/or first-edition competition.