Current economic crisis affecting your Metal buying habit?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Pangolino wrote:It's strange how the trouble in the US economy makes the US dollar strong vs. the Canadian + other currencies. I understand why it is, with commodity prices falling (and Canada's economy being so much in resources) and with investors being worried and shifting investments into US money and things you need US money for, but it's still bizarre that Canada is doing relatively well compared to the US and, because of that, the value of the money is plummeting. It has affected noticeably what I can afford to buy.
With regards to oil specifically, the US isn't buying as much as they used to which brings the demand for it down, hence less competition for sales and the going rate per barrel drops.

Like you said, with Canada being so dependant on resources to fund our economy, this causes the dollar to drop...

The world economy should have never been set up in such a way that one countries struggle should effect everyone else to this extent.

It’s time for a revamped system to be put in place…

Either way, all I know is that I've been getting royally screwed on purchases made in US dollars lately...

I'm putting an end to my buying here shortly.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Murs

Post by Murs »

i've curbed my ebay rampages by 95% in the last 3 mths

WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS are killing me...........

:oops:
Thrasher6sic6

Post by Thrasher6sic6 »

Wow,I'd like to say things are very bad in China too,I am a Chinese and love metal like any other guys here in the forum . Many factories and compannies have been laying off employees since around Augest this year. Things will get even worse in the year 2009 I suspect.

But any way,I still keep on buying cds .Here is some picture of my recent purchase.

I like all kind of metal,of course thrash metal is my favorate genre.

Hope everybody who are effected by the crisis would get out it very soon and keep the momentum on...

Thrash on!! Cheers!
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

It is actually funny how shitty the peso is now, 1 USD for 13.5 or so Pesos. What is funnier is that the Euro is now pretty much equal to the British pound. Well if I can save up enough money I am going travel instead of buying some records for now, as ironically nobody wants to sell the things in my wantlist!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Sacrilegio wrote:It is actually funny how shitty the peso is now, 1 USD for 13.5 or so Pesos. What is funnier is that the Euro is now pretty much equal to the British pound. Well if I can save up enough money I am going travel instead of buying some records for now, as ironically nobody wants to sell the things in my wantlist!
travel around a bit in iceland and france, maybe you'll find your cool-Flames Of Hell platter that ironically no one owns a spare copy of
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

In all seriousness I was thinking of traveling to Iceland. Not for FOH, but to see the towns, scenery, and meet up with some of my Icelandic contacts/friends.

I hear FOH is impossible to find in Iceland.

But then there is the conversion rate from pesos to dollars to krona. I wonder if it is a decent rate from dollars to krona..
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I heard that also from my Icelandic contacts/lovers. You might find this LP more likely in france were it got pressed

Everything is worth shit except pounds and euros
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
msp

Post by msp »

The £ is worth shit these days. It has nearly reached parity with the Euro.

This means next years KIT trip is becoming more expensive with each passing day. No rare records for me next year!

Good news for tourists coming to the UK though.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

it used to be really expensive to visit my relatives in London so maybe I'll be able to go next year, visit my favourite record stores there and not come back completely broke!
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I worked in the UK in the years 99/00 and the CD' s there were ridiculous expensive! 40-50% more than in Germany.

I didn't buy much during that time. So maybe you are now getting to a normal level, I guess.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
msp

Post by msp »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:I worked in the UK in the years 99/00 and the CD' s there were ridiculous expensive! 40-50% more than in Germany.

I didn't buy much during that time. So maybe you are now getting to a normal level, I guess.
Nothings changed!! The big chain store wanted £16.99 for the UFO re-release Cd's. And they wonder why everyone shops on the internet
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Uk is terribly expensive. Ireland is called the rip-off republic but I think the UK is even worse. People are just too polite to argue and disagree with being overcharged.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

msp wrote:The £ is worth shit these days. It has nearly reached parity with the Euro.

This means next years KIT trip is becoming more expensive with each passing day. No rare records for me next year!

Good news for tourists coming to the UK though.
same problem here, ill have to save everything these forthcoming months or i wont buy shit at KIT :cry:

im glad i booked my flight on time cause the prices are going up too
The Forge

Post by The Forge »

actually not, but maybe by May/June things migth get a little more serious. The Euro is currently supporting all my buying habits.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

dollar and euro went up this week again! seems that this currency wont go any lower in the coming months....im doomed!! :cry: