Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

sovdat wrote:Mottek - Fatal Violence CD
Nice! Where'd ya get it from?
humus

Post by humus »

humus wrote:
SideShow wrote:
humus wrote:Gladiator - Made of pain CD
Nice! Haven't gotten that one yet (got Designation a few months ago). Let me know what it sounds like, as they supposedly moved away from the Sepultura worship sound they had on Designation.
Hmm, I don't have designation so I can't compare. I've been away all weekend so I only heard half the CD as background music, but the first impression was still 'sepultura' for me. I'll let you know after it got some decent playtime.
Alright, after some plays in my car:
The vocalist sounds like the Hungarian cousin of Max Cavalera (early 90's era). Also musicalwise I can still hear some clear influences from older Sepultura, but solo-wise they tend more towards the fast Slayer solo's, and when it comes to riffing and structure it reminded me of bands like Korrozia metalla. Nice and enjoyable but not mindblowing.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Also won Intruder - Live to Die CD in sawblade pac
Is one of the back insert side flaps shorter then the other one your copy?

I've seen a few people complaining about this although their copies are legit.

I'm looking into it further.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Barren Cross - Rock For The King, 1986/1990 Medusa
Vengeance Rising - Released Upon The Earth, 1992 Intense
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

humus wrote:Alright, after some plays in my car:
The vocalist sounds like the Hungarian cousin of Max Cavalera (early 90's era). Also musicalwise I can still hear some clear influences from older Sepultura, but solo-wise they tend more towards the fast Slayer solo's, and when it comes to riffing and structure it reminded me of bands like Korrozia metalla. Nice and enjoyable but not mindblowing.
Hmmm. Don't know why people say they left the Sepultura sound behind for a sound that's more of their own, then. Designation sounds like it could have been released by Sepultura somewhere between Beneath The Remains and Arise...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Sideshow - from Akis
Avenger - I don't know if the sawblade pack has the back insert at all, I'll have to get home and see it for myself first. However I recently got a spare copy of normal version from Dave, and yes, it lacks one side of the back insert. But it's definitely original, it has the same matrix and everything, it was probably the printing mistake or something.

Here's how that sawblade pack CD looks:

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Sideshow - from Akis
Avenger - I don't know if the sawblade pack has the back insert at all, I'll have to get home and see it for myself first. However I recently got a spare copy of normal version from Dave, and yes, it lacks one side of the back insert. But it's definitely original, it has the same matrix and everything, it was probably the printing mistake or something.

Although, that's cool as fuck, I think I prefer the standard jewel case.

That wouldn't fit into my shelving unit.

EDIT: Give me your Mottek CD.
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

congrats to the both of you, especially to the sanctum winner.

anyone got info on this cd? I'll def put up mp3s when it arrives, if anyone is interested
purtenance - member of immortal damnation(hole punched. The hole was hard to see in the picture. I wouldn't have bought it had I known. dammit)
trouble - run to the light(zorro)
crionic - different
section brain - hospital of death
candlemass - epicus..(first press)
saxon - eagle has landed

trades
detente - recognize no authority(pricekillers)
god macabre - the winterlong(mbr press)

oh yeah, I have a little something going up on egay tomorrow that might interest a couple people here.
I promise that it won't be taken down early. what happened with the vulture was a one time thing. I'm sorry to anyone who wasn't able to bid because of the early closing. It won't happen again
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

You've paid $115 for a CD for which you don't even know how is it going to sound? :D
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

I read the short review of it and it sounded up my alley. 8) I figured that since it's a private press that if it's not to my liking i'll be able to get my money back.

thanks for helping! :lol:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

VALLEY (Swe) - Take me Through the Night/The Neon Kings of the Night 7'', private press from 81.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dementia - Recuperate From Reality, 1991 Tombstone
Sadus - A Vision Of Misery, 1992 Roadracer
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

ROSICRUCIAN - Silence CD

... + one which used to be on my top 7 want list is coming to my house in near future as well ;)

... but I should really stop buying now :S !
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

sovdat wrote:Sideshow - from Akis

Yah, that's who I thought you got it from as I saw it on his sell list (thought about getting it from him a time or two myself as trade bait!).

That Intruder certainly looks cool, but I'm with Avenger. That would NEVER fit on my CD shelves. I guess I'll keep looking for a regular jewel case version of that release...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Razor - Open Hostility, 1991 Fringe