Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

package from High Roller just received, containing:

WHILE HEAVEN WEPT - Vast Oceans Lachrymose LP
JEX THOTH - s/t LP
VOLTAX - s/t LP

just after the package went out yesterday I realised that HAND OF DOOM vinyl is finally released and had no chance to include that, fuck. need to gather another order soon due to postage avarice (<- never heard that phrase, needed to look it up. hope it really exists.. :? )
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
faster

Post by faster »

DaN wrote:Sorry, I've got 4-o-clock eyelids..
I've had a quick listen to the 1990 one and I think it's mostly Hair-Rock, at best. Got no high hopes for the 1991 edition.
Nah, wrong again, the other two I found was not the later Rockslaget from 90/91 but

V/A Vätterzound ( Husqvarna ) 1986
V/A Rocken Tar Tag ( Gävle )1984
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

DaN wrote:
The Knell wrote:DaN Iron Works page says only known shape is the custom hans photo? Well then I got another one
Good, then you can check the cat# for me. I've seen it listed as both IW-1022 and IW-1033. An what do you mean by "box"? Is it several singles in a package, or are you referring to the shape of it? Photo?
will let you know when i got it

no it's indeed a box with the shape EP in it.. also included 4 autogram cards for each member, all signed.

here is a pic

msp

Post by msp »

On their way:

Headhunter DC - God's Spreading Cancer LP+7"
Death - Live in L.A. Lp
Gaskin - Stand or Fall Lp
Bashful Alley - It's About Time Lp
While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lp

Just seen that High Roller have even more new shit that I am going to want..
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Turbo-charged for glory 7"
Riff Raff-give the dead man some water
Slough Feg-Twilight of the idol
Spectral Incursion-S/T
Never trust the Goblin King....
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

GJ wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:
nabel wrote:Manilla Road - Crystal Logic (Black Dragon version)
Did you get the blue or black vinyl version? Looking for the black one but it's quite rare I guess.
There is a black version?
Yes, HHO is currently selling one. I don't know how many copies exist.
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

first time i hear about crystal logic black wax by BD
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Burner - Savage Killer 7'' signed and with bio insert.
Liaison - Play it with Passion 7'', signed
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

the whole story with the crystal logic Lps is extremely mixed up,I think first it came out privately on roadster,then Bl dr did a limited blue print,and then around 1998 some greek fans paid for a new pressing on black vinyl,got Mark Shelton's remaining covers and sold it on black wax again
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
mordred

Post by mordred »

MassOfKthulu wrote:the whole story with the crystal logic Lps is extremely mixed up,I think first it came out privately on roadster,then Bl dr did a limited blue print
That's 100 % correct so far - and that blue vinyl version on Black Dragon came out in 1985/86 after they had signed to Black Dragon and had released Open the Gates.

This is the first time I ever hear of a black wax version of Crystal Logic on Black Dragon but if there is it's probably some weird story like:
MassOfKthulu wrote:and then around 1998 some greek fans paid for a new pressing on black vinyl,got Mark Shelton's remaining covers and sold it on black wax again
Any information on what the labels look like on this version would be appreciated!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
hload

Post by hload »

mordred wrote:
MassOfKthulu wrote:the whole story with the crystal logic Lps is extremely mixed up,I think first it came out privately on roadster,then Bl dr did a limited blue print
That's 100 % correct so far - and that blue vinyl version on Black Dragon came out in 1985/86 after they had signed to Black Dragon and had released Open the Gates.

This is the first time I ever hear of a black wax version of Crystal Logic on Black Dragon but if there is it's probably some weird story like:
MassOfKthulu wrote:and then around 1998 some greek fans paid for a new pressing on black vinyl,got Mark Shelton's remaining covers and sold it on black wax again
Any information on what the labels look like on this version would be appreciated!

i still have the catalogs from her majesty and i don't see black crystal logic mentioned.

i think the drummer of battleroar,nick, paid for mystification and not crystal logic. i got a copy from him for 3500 or 4000 drachmas.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Bro i am not sure about this,there was a shitload of mystification LPs for sale in Greece around 98 but i think they were all unsold stock and nikos battleroar did the crystal logic biz.I sent Mark Shelton a message about this,hope he replies
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Well
I am old and can't remember names well to start with
BUT around 97/98 I purchased 200 copies of CL and 200 copies of Myst
with Paul Rote and we sold 150 each to someone in Greece, But I really cant remember who. There were ALL on Roadster

And I do remember the story back then of this person paying BD to make a NEW press on black vinyl but I never saw a copy
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

You can buy a black version of CL on Black Dragon from Steffen Boehm / High Roller Records if you`d like.

But there is no price tag, just one annoying "make me a offer".
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

hate this offer thing. if you have no idea why should i