Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

as far as I know from the German collector mafia the testpressings are in black vinyl which is usual for a test-pressing and there are exacly 10 copies made.

We have to ask the Professor, he owns the black vinyl version for years. John he is just at your home so ask him?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Sounds like an ultimate Manilla Road grail then. Would like to have it but I don't want to pay my ass off.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Fils Du Metal wrote:as far as I know from the German collector mafia the testpressings are in black vinyl which is usual for a test-pressing and there are exacly 10 copies made.

We have to ask the Professor, he owns the black vinyl version for years. John he is just at your home so ask him?
The Professor has left the building,
But I think he will be back next week
daniel

Post by daniel »

The Roadster presses predate the Black Dragon ones, so it's of zero consequence to me whether there'd be only ONE black LP pressed by BD...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
GJ

Post by GJ »

You're one lucky man then... Alas I have but to give up collecting and kill myself. :(
daniel

Post by daniel »

Come on haha, I've never got the whole owning as many pressings as possible thing, some records I have to have the originals of - like it would be utterly pointless having represses, but some I can live with having later presses if the price/quality of music are way out of proportion. When I hear about or see collections of hundreds of Maiden, Manowar, Venom, Slayer etc. items I honestly just think that's stupid, it has nothing to do with the music anymore, and I don't even like the fact that there are that many items available from all those bands, it's useless crap really - I'm crazy about collecting in one way but wasting your money concentrating on one band, I'll never understand that mentality. This MR issue isn't anywhere near that, but, the original presses are what's closest to the band, so I don't know why some other labels releases of said band should be something to sweat over.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I'd rather collect several editions of a good record like Crystal Logic than collect shit that's being passed off as "rare metal" so either way you put it collecting is crazy, it's just a matter of perspective. I think I have something like 20 different editions of Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and I'd much rather add one more to my collection than some useless shit record like Militia that some apparently see some sort of point in collecting. That I will never understand.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
daniel

Post by daniel »

I don't like Militia either. But I'd rather have a diverse collection than tons of copies of the SAME record.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I can see both the points but I rather have it balanced with rather occasional really good albums multiple pressing/versions get.

I really love such die hard collections of one band / album. die hard as in dedication and not advertising term. >20 Epicus versions? Id like to see a pic of this!
GJ

Post by GJ »

@ daniel:

Hehe. Don't worry, I'm not really that kind of collector. I definitely prefer getting something new to listen to than a twentieth copy of an album. Still I kind of like having many different pressings anyway - I just don't spend a lot of money to get it (very often).
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

hload wrote:
mordred wrote:
MassOfKthulu wrote:the whole story with the crystal logic Lps is extremely mixed up,I think first it came out privately on roadster,then Bl dr did a limited blue print
That's 100 % correct so far - and that blue vinyl version on Black Dragon came out in 1985/86 after they had signed to Black Dragon and had released Open the Gates.

This is the first time I ever hear of a black wax version of Crystal Logic on Black Dragon but if there is it's probably some weird story like:
MassOfKthulu wrote:and then around 1998 some greek fans paid for a new pressing on black vinyl,got Mark Shelton's remaining covers and sold it on black wax again
Any information on what the labels look like on this version would be appreciated!

i still have the catalogs from her majesty and i don't see black crystal logic mentioned.

i think the drummer of battleroar,nick, paid for mystification and not crystal logic. i got a copy from him for 3500 or 4000 drachmas.
No, Nick paid for Crystal Logic, i am VERY sure about this...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Everyone collects what they want

My collection: it's very small and does include multiple versions of certain albums that I like a lot, but i don't feel compelled to get every version of every great album or be completist about any particular band(s). That's just how I roll :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Trespass - One Of These Days... 7"
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

With ps or no ps? Also how much? I got mine long time ago for 10GBP with no ps.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Got the Hans Naughty box, has no number. not even on the matrix.