Your Top Wantlist Items

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
VictimeDelExil

Re: Your Top Wantlist Items

Post by VictimeDelExil »

This is just a small chunk of my top want list, but I'm really into FWOSHM & Swedish melodic metal so that is what is the bulk of my list.

• Gotham City - The Unknown
  • Gotham City - Black Writs
  • Gotham City - s/t
  • Silver Mountain - Man of No Present Existence / The Axeman and the Virgin
  • Silver Mountain - Hibiya - Live In Japan '85
  • Silver Mountain - Roses & Champagne
  • Two Eagles Request - Out of the Dark
  • Redstorm - No Exeption Of A Victim Of Crime
  • Nattsvart - Vargarna / Drakens Öga
  • Behemoth - Deathwings
  • Formel 1 - Edelrocker comp.
  • Mercy - Witchburner
  • Mercy - King Doom
  • Mercy - s/t
  • Mercy - Swedish Metal EP
  • Sniper - Open the Attack
  • Gorgon - Back Street Killers comp.
  • Palass - Queen of the World

Then my "soon to buy" list, for when I start working again - meaning I'll get these as soon as I have the money. Probably missing a few things here, I'm focused on the stuff that can still be found for sub-50 dollars if you look hard enough.

• Nightmare - Waiting for the Twilight
  • Heavy Metal Army - Heavy Metal Army 1
  • Eastern Orbit - Live!-Journey To Utopia
  • Eastern Orbit - Future Force
  • Tyranny - Manipulator
  • Mentors - Up the Dose
  • Proud - Fire Breaks the Dawn

Side Note: Have original presses of other Silver Mountain releases, including the vinyl pressing of the demo on grey vinyl. So the ones included besides the single are mostly for completionist purposes, the live album is just OK from what I recall - Roses & Champagne, while too "whimpy" for most on the forum I'm sure, I appreciate.
Side Note 2: Does anyone know what a good price for the Formel 1 compilation would be? I think it has a bunch of demo recordings which is why I'm interested in it.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Do you have any list of your your collection with recent (after 2000) Swedish vinyls?
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

GulliverFoyle wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:57 pm Do you have any list of your your collection with recent (after 2000) Swedish vinyls?
No, because a lot of modern Swedish "metal" is embarrassing.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

VictimeDelExil wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:33 am
GulliverFoyle wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:57 pm Do you have any list of your your collection with recent (after 2000) Swedish vinyls?
I could provide you with the vast majority of your wants for some Swedish embarassing MHR/MM/MR vinyls I'm still missing :D
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

GulliverFoyle wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:41 pm
VictimeDelExil wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:33 am
I could provide you with the vast majority of your wants for some Swedish embarassing MHR/MM/MR vinyls I'm still missing :D
Hah. I do realize I didn't put too much variety in my top wants, but whenever I think of stuff like this I tend to overthink it so much to the point where I barely mention some more basic things. I do find Swedish stuff to be some of the most interesting to collect as an American though, finding sellers here in the US who even have the stuff, let alone for more affordable prices is an interesting challenge.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

VictimeDelExil wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:23 am
Got a minty, unplayed copy of this one incl. both inserts for €20, but with the postage to the US it might not be worth it...? Can check w/ a dealer friend for some of the other stuff if you're interested.
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

DaN wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:53 pm
VictimeDelExil wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:23 am
Got a minty, unplayed copy of this one incl. both inserts for €20, but with the postage to the US it might not be worth it...? Can check w/ a dealer friend for some of the other stuff if you're interested.
Yeah that'd be cool, if you still have it after I get a paycheck (interviewed earlier today) I'll shoot you a PM.
Hans

Post by Hans »

Top wants:

Avalon - third move (robot cover)
Emerald - Down Town (red cover)
Axitt - Room 15
Frankenstein - Back from Grave tour 7"
Mysto Dysto - Rules LP
Warwick - I want to live 7" (Does not exist, but there are rumours) : _ )
humus

Re:

Post by humus »

My wantlist back in 2008. Bought the Watain record upon release but traded it a few years later for a Bonded by evil blood 7" from Sabbat.
So in 14 years I managed to get everything from the list except the Slayer shirt. Last one I added was Sarcofago of which I found a copy at the local record fair of all places. Pretty nice find, though it wasn't a bargain.
In retrospect quite funny that I said I wasn't a shirt collector. I have no clue how much I have but well over a thousand I'd say.

My top wants right now are probably:
Lost tapes of Cogumelo LP
Beherit - Drawing down the moon LP
Black shepherd - Welcome demo

humus wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:58 pm Sabbat - Sabbat 7"

Pretty much the top item for most Sabbat collectors. Some other vinyls I'd really like:
Watain - Rabid death's curse
Nifelheim - Nifelheim
Nifelheim - Devil's force
Sarcofago - I.N.R.I. (original press)

And eventhough I'm not really a shirt collector there is one shirt which is a TOP want:
Slayer - Altar of sacrifice baseball shirt or white shortsleeve shirt. Picture
Zombie Dance

Re: Re:

Post by Zombie Dance »

humus wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:14 pm
Beherit - Drawing down the moon LP
Black shepherd - Welcome demo
I was lucky enough to find a reasonably priced Beherit lp last year. Doesn't our friend Astra Wally here have a copy of that BS demo?

My top wants are the same as ever unfortunately :

Nebiros : Guerreros de Lucifer
Graf Spee : Reincarnation
Necropsia : Vicios y Abortos

I completed my Burzum collection lp last year so these are the last lps I'd spend some serious money on, the rest of Collector's budget goes into my label.
humus

Post by humus »

Zombie Dance wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:19 amI was lucky enough to find a reasonably priced Beherit lp last year. Doesn't our friend Astra Wally here have a copy of that BS demo?
Ah not sure. I traded with him for a Black shepherd S/T (the two track tape from 1985) years ago. Will check with him if he has this one. Steph from Pull the chain sold his last year via discogs but I didn't pull the trigger and somebody else did. It's not the best tape but I'd just like to get my collection complete.
About Beherit, I bought the first reissue back in 2003 and never bothered looking for an original copy after that. Only to 'rediscover' the album a few years ago and subsequently getting the irrational feeling that I ought to replace the reissue with a first press.
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

humus wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:09 pm
Zombie Dance wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:19 amI was lucky enough to find a reasonably priced Beherit lp last year. Doesn't our friend Astra Wally here have a copy of that BS demo?
Ah not sure. I traded with him for a Black shepherd S/T (the two track tape from 1985) years ago. Will check with him if he has this one. Steph from Pull the chain sold his last year via discogs but I didn't pull the trigger and somebody else did. It's not the best tape but I'd just like to get my collection complete.
About Beherit, I bought the first reissue back in 2003 and never bothered looking for an original copy after that. Only to 'rediscover' the album a few years ago and subsequently getting the irrational feeling that I ought to replace the reissue with a first press.
Ah I'm probably mistaking the S/T with that Welcome one you're looking for... Had no idea they had a post album tape.
msp

Post by msp »

Still looking for a copy of RAVEN BITCH "Tear Down the Walls" that doesn't cost a kidney...
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Down Among the Deadmen by Slough Feg on Vinyl. The only one I'm missing (besides some 7"s), but it's nearly impossible to get for a decent price.
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Fun to look back on these posts, I’ve got 5 out of these 6 in my collection now!

Will have to take a look at my current wantlist and see which records now occupy the top spots

johnnysteel wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:48 pm Probably my 6 biggest wants rite here, in this order roughly:

Paradoxx - Plan of Attak
Iron Cross (FL) s/t/ LP
Liquid Earth - Molten Rock 12"
Metal Merchant EP
Amethyst - Outside of Nowhere
Morgana - Lady Winter

If anybody has anything to sell or trade plase let me know!