(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Zanker

Re: (Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Post by Zanker »

humus wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:57 pm I don't see a problem with too much SEKs

Pun best appreciated by Dutch-speaking readers
hahaha...:)
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Nice memorabilia shopping bag from Heavy Sound record shop found while cleaning the attic earlier today!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

You're gonna be getting requests for HQ scans of those olde record store bags for a new section of the forum which your pix have inspired DaN to start. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:07 am You're gonna be getting requests for HQ scans of those olde record store bags for a new section of the forum which your pix have inspired DaN to start. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be awesome! Wish I had kept all the bags from the countless record shops I 've visited during the glory days of (physical) record hunting!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

The Ripper wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:50 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:07 am You're gonna be getting requests for HQ scans of those olde record store bags for a new section of the forum which your pix have inspired DaN to start. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be awesome! Wish I had kept all the bags from the countless record shops I 've visited during the glory days of (physical) record hunting!
I made my comment in jest, but yeah it would actually be fascinating to see a large collection of old record shop bags if such an archive could be amassed. And knowing the completist nature of record collectors i wouldn't be that surprised to find that there were obsessives who kept or actively collected bags on their travels.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Now I wish I had kept all that ol' Rec Rec and Vinilmanija record shop bags. Never dawned on me this is part of rock /heavy metal reliqvarivm, too. Ehh...
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:09 pm Now I wish I had kept all that ol' Rec Rec and Vinilmanija record shop bags. Never dawned on me this is part of rock /heavy metal reliqvarivm, too. Ehh...
Nor me, they were just constant ephemera back in the days of abundant physical stores but now you're making me wish i'd kept my original Shades Records carrier bag from a London holiday in 1985.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Graham, I have actually found the bags I was talking about, I can't believe I actually preserved them. Vinil Manija bags came in various colors, but I don't think this was intentional. More like, the print color you want is unavalaible, d'ya fancy some purple? And kudos to DaN for heads up regarding attachments.
Attachments
IMG_20230514_195630-25.jpg
IMG_20230514_195630-25.jpg (104.48 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
IMG_20230514_195501.jpg
IMG_20230514_195501.jpg (122.18 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Very cool. Is that Max Cavalera chowing down on some vinyl in the lower design? Looks like him with the similar maniac glint in the eye.