Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Next time, i will pick you up from the airport :wink:
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

That`s unbelievable you can put it all in one sentence.
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

Herkus Monte wrote:That`s unbelievable you can put it all in one sentence.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

He has the writing style of Jose Saramangu :lol: :lol:
Never trust the Goblin King....
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

wow big story on that villain Rob!
got me a semi -sealed copy 2 years back in trade for a US metal single that i got for free.Villain was always a big deal back in the 90s,legends about how all the copies got burned at C.A.'s funeral etc.I suppose it;s not that much of a big deal anymore.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

chatzial wrote:Next time, i will pick you up from the airport :wink:
You have my friend, you forgot?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Ages ago at Utrecht Record Fair.
There is a stall of a French seller with pop music. Because sometimes metal records can be found in cheap prices, i search all his records.

At the end, after nothing found, i leave but i hit with my foot something.
I look and under his stall there is a box of records that could not be seen if someone did not stumble on it.

I ask the seller, what is this and he replies "it's just records that don't worth shit, if you see anything you want it's 3 DM each". I check and find a few metal records and among them the "Ride the Lightning" original green cover!!!!
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Bump for more brilliant stories!
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Further bump!
Hans

Post by Hans »

Please share more stories guys :) this is great history ;)
Mine is on 5.
bigfootkit

Re: Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Post by bigfootkit »

Bumping this epic thread in the hope that there have been some new adventures in this field in the last couple of years.
If you've never read this thread before i urge you to do so, there are some amazingly entertaining tales to be found.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
humus

Post by humus »

Not the best story but what the hell.
About 3/4 years ago I was browsing craigslist pages (the European counterpart anyway) and saw someone advertise '1000 hard rock tapes'. No pictures, no bands, no mention of home-dubbed or original. Sometimes you need to take a gamble so the next morning I woke up at 4 AM and drove 200 kilometres to Holland in order to catch the guy before he went off to work. He had 5 crates filled with tapes in his hall, and when I had a look at the first row of the first crate I could spot names likes Swazafix, Old funeral and Acrostichon. Turns out he used to run his own quite wellknown zine/label. I bought the whole lot for a ridiculous price and ended up with over 1500 demotapes. Half shit, one quarter decent, and one quarter gold. Later I went back and bought all the old zines he still had left.
Lama

Post by Lama »

humus wrote:Not the best story but what the hell.
About 3/4 years ago I was browsing craigslist pages (the European counterpart anyway) and saw someone advertise '1000 hard rock tapes'. No pictures, no bands, no mention of home-dubbed or original. Sometimes you need to take a gamble so the next morning I woke up at 4 AM and drove 200 kilometres to Holland in order to catch the guy before he went off to work. He had 5 crates filled with tapes in his hall, and when I had a look at the first row of the first crate I could spot names likes Swazafix, Old funeral and Acrostichon. Turns out he used to run his own quite wellknown zine/label. I bought the whole lot for a ridiculous price and ended up with over 1500 demotapes. Half shit, one quarter decent, and one quarter gold. Later I went back and bought all the old zines he still had left.
Anthony Van Den Berg?
Kampel Destruction
humus

Post by humus »

Yup. He's out of music and got into long distance running. I got into long distance running but never got rid of the music :)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Just been re-reading some of the tremendous tales in this thread & thought i'd give it a bump in the hope that members might be inspired to share some more yarns in the same vein.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.