Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
ION BRITTON

Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Post by ION BRITTON »

Feel free to post anything weird/unique you see on ebay. Here's one i noticed only a few minutes ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0157222512
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

HOLY CRAP!!! It's an ok single, but not a personal fave.
The thing that really bugs me about an item like this is when you look at the bid history. 6 out of 8 bidders stayed around 100 GBP (a little over $200), but then two people ran the bid up an additoinal $800! As such, I think this really skews the perceived value of the item and artificaially inflates values based on the bidding actions of a very small number of people that apparently have more money than they know what to do with. It's almost as if the record has 2 values- what 'most people are willing to pay for it, and what 'rich' people are willing to pay for it. I've seen this happening with Oldies records (50's-60's doo-wop, R&B, rockabilly, etc) also.

I can't find the link right now, but a copy of the Lone Wolf 'cash for candy' 7" was up to $843 last week.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

:shock: WOWIIIIIAAAAA!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: OMG-OMG-OMG!!!
P.S:Where's the frenzy-dancing emoticon????
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

HaHaHa
I dont see anything Funny about any of those ebay auctions

"I am happy to be mentioned in this thread, Thank You"
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

a copy of the Lone Wolf 'cash for candy' 7" was up to $843 last week.
Well, THIS one made me spit the coffee I was drinking, and I almost choke from laughter... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

glockose wrote:"I am happy to be mentioned in this thread, Thank You"
Hey, I've just saw it...what's that? Explain please... :shock:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

The Lone Wolf was mine.....

Lildogtoo
Rattlehead14
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I always wanted to get that High Treason original, guess not then...
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

glockose wrote:The Lone Wolf was mine.....

Lildogtoo
Rattlehead14
erhm...sorry... :lol:
peterott

Post by peterott »

an English guy (the Supernal one) sold basically the complete LETTER-collection of Dead/Euronymous with IT (or Morgan, can't remember) from Abruptum on ebay around 6-9 months ago. He got everything from the Abruptum guy to raise cash.

He got >$500 for certain letters, and the most obvious one (the one with: Dead is dead and I have something for you) for even more.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well, this one's certainly the winner: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LIVING-DEATH-Pro ... dZViewItem
deathster

Post by deathster »

Thats true Peter (about Dead/Mayhem/Morbid). The most amazing thing is that most stuff went to one person and he had to pay within 7 days.

NB! The avatar picture of my profile shows Deads grave (took the picture myself)!

By the way I do not think that whole letter collection was sold. As far as I know and saw some letters these were mostly from October 1990, before Mayhem went to East-Germany Turkey tour (letters from Dead/Goat).
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

That's right, I forgot you and rattlehead were the ones selling the Lonewolf! :oops: There's obviously no wrongdoing on y'all's part; the seller doesn't control what people bid on their records, so if someone's willing to bid a huge amount for an item, congratulations to the seller!
That Lonewolf isn't a record I would pay very much for (except to re-sell), but then again I might pay a bundle for something that other people don't like
Korgüll

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions

Post by Korgüll »

ION BRITTON wrote:Feel free to post anything weird/unique you see on ebay. Here's one i noticed only a few minutes ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0157222512
And it's warped too!!!!!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Are those two High Treason tracks included on the HHO-Records full-length?
Long Live The Loud !!!