Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

sovdat wrote:4 year old CD and pressed in 1000 copies ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/INTENSE-DEGREE-War- ... tsupported
this seller may regret

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0058611925
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

msp wrote:
stormspell wrote:I know, the Retrodude got a taste of Varney too when tried to sell TRAUMA "Spanish imports" :lol:
I am curious. You are talking about the guy who runs that Retrospect records label right? He seems to have an insane release schedule but are all his releases bootlegs or are some legit?
I've read long multiple page arguments between Sam and users on other forums and "apparently" anything under the "Retrospect Records" label is "licensed" although not properly most of the time. The rest of the "Spanish/Italian" imports that he releases himself under various bullshit labels Sam has never acknowledged having any part in. If his label ever went to court and he had to provide sufficient proof of licensing, I would say that maybe 10 of the actual "re-issues" that his label has put out are actually legit.
Last edited by Avenger on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Graf Spre LP is up on ebay :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

http://cgi.ebay.com/DR-KNOW-THIS-ISLAND ... tsupported

!!!

Does anyone know more about the punc-holes and Metal Blade? I think that Dominic (coma / invocator2k) was once saying the he bought a bunch of punched Hirax - Not Dead Yet CDs directly from the label, and the story behind it was that those were the copies that MB couldn't sell with the regular price, so they lowered it and marked the CDs with punch-holes in barcodes ...

I wonder where will this one go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAIDEN-Japan-1 ... tsupported

?

Several days ago one Japanese pressed IM tape from mid 80s went for 101 GBP ...

+
RENEGADE - Total Armageddon LP was sold for $150+ a week or two ago ...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Don't steal my links from T-MAG! :lol: :lol:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

?

I was just going through ebay search for "metal" from the most expensive to the cheapest :D
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Hahahaha! It's funny as I posted that link on T-MAG few minutes before your post! Sorry! :lol: 8)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

This SPLIT BEAVER is an old news, Vegas booted it 3-4 years ago. Maybe he just "re-released" it recently :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

HAHAHAHA..............

I have that bootleg.

Paid $1.50 for it.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
hload

Post by hload »

i bought round 15 cds from sam this time....it's funny that all the boots were the high priced ones, while his official releases i bought ended for 3-4, on average.....lots of stuff for the long hot summer, for the fishboat(not mine, i only join my buddies for the feast after the fishing) and the fish restaurant in Latsi.....
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Avenger wrote:
msp wrote:
stormspell wrote:I know, the Retrodude got a taste of Varney too when tried to sell TRAUMA "Spanish imports" :lol:
I am curious. You are talking about the guy who runs that Retrospect records label right? He seems to have an insane release schedule but are all his releases bootlegs or are some legit?
I've read long multiple page arguments between Sam and users on other forums and "apparently" anything under the "Retrospect Records" label is "licensed" although not properly most of the time. The rest of the "Spanish/Italian" imports that he releases himself under various bullshit labels Sam has never acknowledged having any part in. If his label ever went to court and he had to provide sufficient proof of licensing, I would say that maybe 10 of the actual "re-issues" that his label has put out are actually legit.
I've read through a couple of those myself. Dude is fuckin' FUNNY when he's trying to defend himself! He gets charged with bootlegging, and he'll say shit like "you're just jealous of how successful my label is". I've seen threads where people go round and round with him. I laugh my ass off every time, cause he's nailed red-handed with those cheap ass boots, but he can't come up with a single argument that sounds plausible in ANY way.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

SideShow wrote:I've read through a couple of those myself. Dude is fuckin' FUNNY when he's trying to defend himself! He gets charged with bootlegging, and he'll say shit like "you're just jealous of how successful my label is". I've seen threads where people go round and round with him. I laugh my ass off every time, cause he's nailed red-handed with those cheap ass boots, but he can't come up with a single argument that sounds plausible in ANY way.
...yet people keep buying his shit and patting him on the back. No wonder the dude is driving a Lamborghini...
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I hate rip-offs but I had to buy that Angellic Rage+Third Degree (I had only the 2nd album). Where else I can find those ones? I will also buy Mata Hari's upcoming comp + Ruff justice's reissue because some guys asking $$$ for the original...
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

stormspell wrote:
SideShow wrote:I've read through a couple of those myself. Dude is fuckin' FUNNY when he's trying to defend himself! He gets charged with bootlegging, and he'll say shit like "you're just jealous of how successful my label is". I've seen threads where people go round and round with him. I laugh my ass off every time, cause he's nailed red-handed with those cheap ass boots, but he can't come up with a single argument that sounds plausible in ANY way.
...yet people keep buying his shit and patting him on the back. No wonder the dude is driving a Lamborghini...
Yup, and that's why the jackass will keep doing it. I bought one of those bootlegs back before I knew anything about his reputation, and was PISSED when I open the thing and it was a CD-R. I don't see how all these people are happy with buying CD-Rs...

Personally, I don't care if EVERYTHING he releases on his own label is legit. So long as he's making and selling those bootlegs, I'll never purchase from him ever again.