Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DMR

Post by DMR »

This made me laugh:

Mithotyn

What the hell's going on here? 22 bids, all from the same guy? The first 21 bids were made in a span of about five minutes, then two days later, he bids again once more. Ha ha!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DMR wrote:This made me laugh:

Mithotyn

What the hell's going on here? 22 bids, all from the same guy? The first 21 bids were made in a span of about five minutes, then two days later, he bids again once more. Ha ha!
I love this paragraph from the seller's instructions:

3 . I can hold items for you which you won,but you must first pay. :lol:
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Haha "I've paid for my item but it would really make me happy if you'd be able to hold it for a week or two before sending"
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Mithotyn

Hahaha?

What the hell is wrong with the guy bidding on that?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Nightlock wrote:I was just reading about this last night in Malc's book:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHYNE-THANQUZ-INT ... 286.c0.m14

I'm fine thanks I'll pass :wink:
Too bad the music is not as good as the cover. I had never seen the back cover before, it looks very creepy in black and white, i like it a lot
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
peterott

Post by peterott »

Avenger wrote:

Mithotyn

Hahaha?

My guess: He has met the reserved price with one of his last bid. The other bids were below. However, I don't really understand the bidding history...
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

$250 for a t-shirt.. :shock:

Vintage-80s-DEATH-Leprosy-T-SHIRT-concert-tour-tee-XL

although that guy has some real gems in stock, insanity begins when someone actually buys at that rate.. my favorite among those he probably won't sell is this one:

Original-1999-RICKY-MARTIN-T-SHIRT-RARE

:lol: but who knows. maybe there's also a mad bunch of die-hard gay-latino-pop collectors out there..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

sagrotan wrote:$250 for a t-shirt.. :shock:

Vintage-80s-DEATH-Leprosy-T-SHIRT-concert-tour-tee-XL
$567 for a T-shirt, back in October '06:

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/images/ ... 549&size=f
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Slayer and Death shirts look lovely. But the prices are stinky nuts
humus

Post by humus »

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... :IT&ih=008

Isn't this very cheap? I went 'till 500 myself. That's like €350 or so. They used to go nearly $1000 and that was when the dollar euro was 1:1.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

humus wrote:http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... :IT&ih=008

Isn't this very cheap? I went 'till 500 myself. That's like €350 or so. They used to go nearly $1000 and that was when the dollar euro was 1:1.
That's a fine price for this masterpiece. It usually goes for >1000$ not nearly this condition and without insert
msp

Post by msp »

There have been a few Graven Image Lp's turning up on Ebay recently so maybe the price is bottoming out?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

peterott wrote:
Avenger wrote:

Mithotyn

Hahaha?

My guess: He has met the reserved price with one of his last bid. The other bids were below. However, I don't really understand the bidding history...
My guess is that "crush" is the sound that piece of "metal" made when it hit that bidder in the head.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

So the final price is $330. I must say that this is the only copy I saw offered (except for mine), and I don't know anyone beside Roco to own it either; so did anyone saw another one anywhere, and what was the price then? How many copies exist??

Also, was Balance of Power ever released on a CD?? I bought Darkened Reality from Michael Davies (Samurai) , and later on he said that he found their 1st album on a CD, but he couldn't provide any pictures (he said it would take to much time ?!?!), and a friend of mine bought it from him and the last thing I've heard from him that he needs Mike's email address because the guy never sent the stuff ?!? ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:
So the final price is $330. I must say that this is the only copy I saw offered (except for mine), and I don't know anyone beside Roco to own it either; so did anyone saw another one anywhere, and what was the price then? How many copies exist??

Also, was Balance of Power ever released on a CD?? I bought Darkened Reality from Michael Davies (Samurai) , and later on he said that he found their 1st album on a CD, but he couldn't provide any pictures (he said it would take to much time ?!?!), and a friend of mine bought it from him and the last thing I've heard from him that he needs Mike's email address because the guy never sent the stuff ?!? ...
I traded my copy about 2 years ago. I got it at a small local CD shop that's now long gone for next to nothing. I've never been a fan of this band so it's not really that big of a loss for me. I bought it knowing that it was trade material, although, I didn't know that it would fetch THIS PRICE. Now that I think back on what I traded for it, I still profited either way...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."