Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
sovdat wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/DEADLY-BLESSING-ASC ... dZViewItem

Hurry up, as the price went down for $25! :lol:
New Renaissance cheapo with huge cut-out-corner for only $475, haha! eGay is such a stupid place! Cant wait for May to come, I'll start buying tagain and will be able to leave negs left and right, muhahah!
Hahaha...

What a guy...

Either way, that's ridiculous.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

wow, I must have gotten a great deal on my copy of deadly Blessing, and it's not evena cut-out :lol:
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

sovdat wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/DEADLY-BLESSING-ASC ... dZViewItem

Hurry up, as the price went down for $25! :lol:
Pfft! I picked my copy up for $7.99 (some putz dumped it at a used CD store after the reissue came out). One man's trash....
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

unbelievable enough, seems it's going to sell :shock:
or some pranksters playing funny games..
btw, like that one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tina-Turner-PRIVATE ... dZViewItem

:lol: - remember, don't do ebay when drunk as a skunk..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

sagrotan wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tina-Turner-PRIVATE ... dZViewItem

:lol: - remember, don't do ebay when drunk as a skunk..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unbelievable!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
msp

Post by msp »

This one finished at $676 !!

Cheap!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

sagrotan wrote:
unbelievable enough, seems it's going to sell :shock:
or some pranksters playing funny games..
Perhaps some rich re-seller? 1 dollar for 1 LP isn't that bad afterwards ... + 300.000 free CDs :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Heard about this one but never seen it offered. Anyone heard the music?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRIVATE-HARD-ROCK-M ... dZViewItem
tomas

Post by tomas »

warning:
he took the photo from another auction, which is always dodgy...
The shiny blue background is the trademark of one of the biggest psych sellers on ebay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/1602kathleen
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

That Deadly Blessing CD must be a joke, right :?

(I mean the auction btw)
Long Live The Loud !!!
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

tomas wrote:warning:
he took the photo from another auction, which is always dodgy...
The shiny blue background is the trademark of one of the biggest psych sellers on ebay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/1602kathleen
He did explain this though.

"THE PHOTO IS NOT OF THE ACTUAL ITEM AS MY CAMERA HAS TEMPORARILY GONE OUT OF ORDER."

I really want to hear the music now. The way he described is makes it sound really awesome.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

FBC is NOT a metal record

This is AOR with some Prog type keyboards.

He lists it every few weeks with a differant price up and down. Last time it was 400.

This was a $50 AOR record for years and then people started to HYPE as Hard Rock / Metal and the price went up

If I have time this weekend I will post it up
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

The Pic came from this auction

FBC - "Worth a Fortune" LP, on their own private label, (no label) from 1982. This is a original US private pressing of a super rare progressive rock album, with a 70's sound. Out of Indiana. The cover is in VG++ condition. The disc is in near mint condition. No reserve. Winner pays for shipping. Please view our other auction items. Thanks.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sovdat wrote:Perhaps some rich re-seller? 1 dollar for 1 LP isn't that bad afterwards ... + 300.000 free CDs :D
Actually $1 per LP in this case is VERY bad. This "collection" is a store inventory liquidation, and I can guarantee you at least 50% or more of it are the utter-junk common crap vinyl you can imagine - bought at wholesale for less than $0.10 per pop.

This auction is a scam, a free ebay advertisement pilot. I bet whoever "bough" it will not pay and he will keep relisting it until it sells for the amount he desires. Just check the last revisions he made at the bottom of the page:

"1. $3million is a ridiculously low price to start with. The owner of the collection has turned down offers for far more over the years, including an offer of $28million nine years ago. It's being sold this way now because his life circumstances have changed.

2. If there are no bids, we plan to re-list it immediately. But once it's re-listed, publicity will be far greater than it is now. We've been inundated with media requests world-wide, and have done interviews nearly non-stop. In a matter of hours or days, the collection will be seen in major electronic and print media world-wide, taking our story to a new audience even beyond the reach of eBay. This valuable collection is soon to be seen for the first time by tens, if not hundreds of millions of people around the world.

Quite frankly, we welcome the prospect of no bids at this time. The collection will fetch a higher price when it's re-listed."

He is scamming with hope to attract some gullable rich person to believe this "collection" is worth the top dollar. He may succeed coz the media likes such stories and will spread the word, and his auction is on every board already drawing people's attention.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I guess I was right, the buyer is not a registered user anymore. It couldnt been eBay NARUing him, coz it is less than 24 hours since the auction ended. I bet the bidder canceled his account himself, thus giving the seller chance to automatically recover the ebay fees and relist.

It is a scheme to bull some rich gullible buyer into thinking this "collection" does have value in it and forking big bucks