Legit, Not Legit, Who Cares?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Angelheart wrote:Also ,i see someone comment that Greek fans or sellers are under the shadow of some misleading sellers on ebay or some bootleggers.
I don't agree with that cause it's like saying that German fans or sellers are under the shadow of the Reborn Classics hoax (and we know how this label developed afterwards) or USA fans or sellers are under the shadow of Vegas auctions or whoever and so on.
Those Greek bootlegs are sold from many others around the world (even in the well-known true metal festivals) and all these people are to blame also.
I hope people stop buying those but i am also surprised to see how many people which are ignorant are willing to pay 200 dollars for the bootleg lp of Spider's Lullabye (among others) for example that the same sellers are selling them every week.That should have made them suspicious at least.
Something more: Greek fans and i only talk about them have proved through the years that they are some of the most loyal, well-informed, active and supporting metalheads worldwide.Sometimes i get the feeling reading some comments here that some ignorant people think Greeks metalheads are thieves or whatever. I needed to get this out of my system :)
The problem with the average greek seller is the sheer majority of them sell the same crap. Sure there are always going to be a few great people to deal with that are honest and trust worthy, but if for example, you are looking for XXX item on ebay, it will be offered 10:1 to any other seller from another country by sellers from greece selling the same greek made bootleg. I would be lying if I told you that I didn't avoid potentially honest greek sellers because of this, but at the same time it's human nature to lump things together and I would just rather play it safe and avoid greek auctions all together. I'm not going to skim through the ocean of bad fish to find the couple that aren't rotten. It's sad I know, but the majority ruin it for the few.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."