Sharing tabs (Guitar Pro)/Help tabing solos.

When mere Metal consumerism is not enough - a forum for musicians and their trinkets.
Nightlock

Sharing tabs (Guitar Pro)/Help tabing solos.

Post by Nightlock »

I've got a ton of songs I've tabbed (All instruments usually on Guitar Pro) ranging from having tabbed just a riff or two to complete songs, but never shared on any of the tab sites I'm wondering if anyone else here has done anything similar? Anyway I find trick lead parts the hardest and *most* of the stuff I've tabbed is missing this stuff (I'm not a great lead player yet). Anyway if anyone can help out?/would like to share tabs they've made it could be cool.

Here's a list of stuff I'm working on:

Metal Church - Ton Of Bricks
Metal Church - Badlands
Riot - You Burn In Me
Riot - Warrior
Riot - Hard Lovin' Man
Riot - Gunfighter
Riot - Johnny's Back
Riot - Black Leather And Glittering Steel
Anvil - Mothra
Anvil - Metal On Metal
Anvil - Forged In Fire
Scorpions - Coast To Coast
Omen - Warning Of Danger
Omen - The Axeman
Noisehunter - Bad Boys Done Dirty
Living Death - Tuesday
Living Death - killing Machine
Kruiz - In Flames
Candlemass - Mirror, Mirror
Phantom Lord - Evil Never Sleeps
Cage - Hell Destroyer
Cage - Kill The Devil
X Wild - Wild Knight
X Wild - Souls Of Sin
X Wild - Monster Effect
X Wild - Braveheart
X Wild - Wild Fronteir
Running Wild - Raw Ride
Running Wild - Treasure Island
Running Wild - Pile Of Skulls
Running Wild - Walpurgis Night
Running Wild - Black Demon
Running Wild - Fire & Thunder
Running Wild - Whirlwind
Running Wild - Gods Of Iron
Running Wild - Black Hand Inn
Running Wild - Beggar's Night
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Big Cheers to Nightlock for posting a topic in this board. I honestly wish someone else would do it too. As far as tabbing goes I did some 13 years ago. I tabbed few tracks and solos of Cynic, Death and Carcass, though I don't remember where have they gone since. I could tab some solos if someone would need to, if, of course time will allow me.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Helm

Post by Helm »

I learn specific songs as I desire to play them but I don't put them down in tab form because I always used to think nobody would want to play that stuff anymore. If anyone is interested I can transcribe the following at the drop of a hat, as I know them inside and out. As far as I know these songs aren't tabbed on the internet:

Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead
Lordian Guard - War in Heaven
Brocas Helm - Metallic Fury
Memory Garden - Warlord (http://www.locustleaves.com/Warlord.txt this one's tabbed actually, for a friend. Don't mind the sarcastic comments, they're not ment for anyone else but him, I'm not encouraging anyone to quit music!)
Sieges Even - Straggler from Atlantis is an ongoing project, I've got the first 3-4 minutes down but it's in the backburner.
Fates Warning - The Apparition (tabs already online are awful)
and I started/will finish Fates Warning - The Sorceress when I have time.

I'll do Fleurety - Fragmenter av en Fortid soon... I think. Or In the Woods... - HEart of the Ages.

If the solo is just improvised scale runs (like Brocas Helm or Cirith Ungol) there's no merit to learn and transcribe it, just play your own. If it's extremely composed and for the glory of God (like Lordian Guard) then yes.

Noisenik, you sat down and transcribed Cynic? Impressive.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I don't say that I did everything proper, but I did spent more than two weeks only to learn that the rest of the band isn't eager to try to practice 'em anyway :evil: . The same goes for Carcass - sth from Necrotiscism, but we did play Embodiement, Philosopher and Crystal Mountain of which I have transcribed only solos. Today I think I wouldn't do it even when asked.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Two things; One I'll start a new thread for, two lead guitar for the following tracks would be awesome:

Anvil - Mothra
Anvil - Forged In Fire
Omen - Warning Of Danger
Living Death - Tuesday
Living Death - killing Machine
Cage - Kill The Devil
Running Wild - Treasure Island
Running Wild - Pile Of Skulls
Running Wild - Walpurgis Night

Or any of which you'd like to help out with :P. My skill levels are probably high enough to do Forged in Fire and licks in the other solos but I really need more practice.

@Helm: I'd like to see your King of the Dead tabs if possible :wink:
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Helm

Post by Helm »

Once I have some free time I'll make a tab for King of the Dead but as I said don't expect me to tab out solos, you should be writing your own for that sort of stuff!
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

Nightlock wrote:@Helm: I'd like to see your King of the Dead tabs if possible :wink:

I second that!
silverchame03

Post by silverchame03 »

wow great stuff
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

I'm lookin' for a guitar tab of the Flotsam classic "Doomsday For The Deciever" but i came up with a half finished tab.Does anyone of you people have the complete song or a link where i can get my fingers movin'?

Thanx in advance
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
The_Real_Mordred

Post by The_Real_Mordred »

Any of these tabs mentioned here are available anywhere? Or maybe you guys could send out what you've figured out?
It'd be interesting to see...
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

Glad i found this thread hehe. Here's some i've been working on(None of these have solos or anything, just the basic ideas):

Muro - Telon de Acero
Root - Cemetery
Heavy Load - Singing Swords
Brocas Helm - Dark Rider(Just the bass from the middle part)
Killen - Metal Meets Metal
Trouble - The Tempter
Slough Feg - High Passage/Low Passage(Really hard song to try and tab, what i have is not good haha. If anyone has a good tab i could see, i would love you)
Renegade - Dragonslayer(Burn in Hell)
Iron Angel - The Metallian

I also have a few riffs figured out that i haven't tabbed, like the song Run Run by Highway Chile and Raiders from Space by Ritual Steel