Guitars with most proper »natural« Metal sound ...

When mere Metal consumerism is not enough - a forum for musicians and their trinkets.
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

I fucking hate Floyd Rose! A lot!! :evil:
dford

Post by dford »

It's been about 12 yrs since I used one, been using a standard bridge forever. I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to change tunings. Seriously thinking of trading it but it plays so nice. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but for now it's staying in e flat.
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

@HumanRemains

really beautiful. Custom made, huh?
I am ... the One you warned me of
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

Noisenik wrote:@HumanRemains

really beautiful. Custom made, huh?
Actually, not quite. The one on the right is my 'go-to' guitar, a Hamer USA Custom Shop which is effectively a replica of the 1979 Hamer Standard I played in Hell's early days. It's a boutique-built one-off which cost a fortune, but was worth every penny.

But........the one on the left is Hamer's low-cost 'XT Series' equivalent, machine made in Indonesia. It cost me just £250 on ebay, and I spent a little more on decent pickups, a rewire and better machine heads, probably around £150 in total. It's amazingly good for the money, it shreds like a mother and I hate to admit it, but sounds and plays almost as well as its USA sister which was ten times the price. Go figure......

www.hamerguitars.com

Best wishes Kev
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

Those Hamers look deadly. Even the XT Explorer looks a lot better than my Gibson Explorer faded. Is that a Floyd or Kahler on your custom?
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

It's a Floyd, although my '79 original had a Kahler.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

beautiful guitars Mr.!

i was starting to think in buying an explorer but no clue what to check out...now i have the perfect clue :wink:
one bad wheel

Post by one bad wheel »

A hot humbucker pickup in almost any guitar will give a good metal sound but the guitar is just personal preference. Some like pointy guitars, some like not pointy guitars. Some like big frets some don't. Thick neck or thin? But then again, I play bass so what do I know? I just got a Gibson Flying V bass and it's the best bass I have ever played.
350!
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Here is what I am currently using:

2010 Gibson Explorer natural '76 RI

2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard vintage burst

1988 Charvel Model 3

Right now I am using a USA Peavey 6505 2x12 combo with the Framus Cobra cab loaded with vintage greenbacks

The guitars all get the job done for most anything I play. They have their strengths and weaknesses. Tone starts in the fingers and a good quality amp goes a long way to making good tone. I have owned just about everything in my lifetime but the next amp on my hitlist is a Cameron

There is no one guitar that is good for metal, it's just personal choice