Bands that still carry on THE FLAG OF HATE !!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Bands that still carry on THE FLAG OF HATE !!!

Post by The Sentinel »

Which bands are, in your opinion, still playing metal in the 80's vein...Bands that try to revive the Ancient Beast...Bands that turn every nowadays overhyped 'MetalHammer'-band into crying posers...

Well, bands that deserve attention on this matter are surely: BROCAS HELM (25 years of poser-bashing METAL), THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG, HEATHEN HOOF (Although I don't like the hardcore-type-vocals, but thats a matter of taste, the music kicks..) and so on..

Your turn now..[/i]
Long Live The Loud !!!
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Uhhh too many (thank hell), it's just that they seem to be very few because they are vastly outnumbered by "modern metal" acts.

SABBAT, THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG, and so on come to mind.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'm actually quite ignorant to the current scene, even when it comes to 'true Metal'. Apart from the bands mentioned (haven't heard Heathen Hoof though) it's still a blank page for me. I know I'm probably missing out on a lot of good stuff, but it's mainly a matter of time for me. Too much old stuff to seek out and maybe (just MAYBE) once in a while get a chance to listen to already purchased records a 2nd time.

But if you can recommend anything reaching the godliness of Slough Feg I'm all ears 8)
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

Attacker
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Ryacus wrote:Attacker
I agree, the new one rages !!

Demiricous (pure 80's thrash), Candlemass (Reunion album shreads !!), Sadus, Exodus.

Municipal Waste plays crossover in pure 80's style.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Like Dan I have to say I don't have time to listen to the crap that came out after 1990 but a band that rules live and which of I heard the Cd 100 times and what is pure 80's metal without doubt: RAVENSTHORN...
Another one also acceptable is IMAGE but they released theri masterpiece in the 80's also...
Ernstv

Post by Ernstv »

Haha, don't be so ignorant people. A lot of excellent metal albums were released in the 90's. Especially Sodom kicked ass, as usual. Also a lot of the best death metal albums were released in those years...all the Death records come to mind, Massacre - From beyond and such.

And yes, a lot of thrash and heavy metal released in the 90's was plain crap. But when it comes to death metal, the 90's fuckin' ruled!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

One of the best album of the 90's is Edge of Sanity "Purgatory Afterglow", a real masterpiece !! "Of Darksome Origin" is one the wildest tunes ever written !!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I think Manilla Road can be mentioned here, as well as many others liek Venom or Running wild
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Hi Ernst, Sodom were a shame for the German metal scene in the 90's....they released two killer albums: "In the Sign of Evil" and "Obsessed by cruelty"....followed by two solid albums "Persecution Mania" and "Agent Orange" and the better "Expurse of Sodomy" 12"....all other stuff is crap....Maybe in those panda bear death metal releases there are the bestreleases in the 90's.... But real metal was in the 80's :-)
Last edited by Fils Du Metal on Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Grave Digger !!
Ernstv

Post by Ernstv »

Fils Du Metal wrote:Hi Ernst, Sodom were a shame for the German metal scene in the 90's....they released two killer albums: "In the Sign of Evil" and "Obsessed by cruelty"....followed by two solid albums "Persecution Mania" and "Agent Orange" and the better "Expurse of Sodomy" 12"....all other stuff is crap....Maybe in those panda bear death metal releases there are the bestreleases in the 90's.... But real metal was in the 80's :-)
Haha, you might think so. I strongly disagree! Actually, I despise those first two Sodom records. Everything from Persecution mania on is awesome. I really like albums like Tapping the vein, Code Red, M-16 and Better of dead. A bit more brutal : yes. Quality: most certainly!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fils Du Metal wrote:Hi Ernst, Sodom were a shame for the German metal scene in the 90's....they released two killer albums: "In the Sign of Evil" and "Obsessed by cruelty"....followed by two solid albums "Persecution Mania" and "Agent Orange" and the better "Expurse of Sodomy" 12"....all other stuff is crap....Maybe in those panda bear death metal releases there are the bestreleases in the 90's.... But real metal was in the 80's :-)
+

:shock:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ernstv wrote:
Actually, I despise those first two Sodom records.

You must be kidding! "In the sign of evil" is my favorite thrash album of all times! Motorhead meets Tank meets Discharge blackness all the way! 100 / 10 !!!! :evil:
Ernstv

Post by Ernstv »

No, I'm not kidding. Production is shit, songs are extremely simple and the playing is very, very untight. Not my cup of tea at all! I'm not keen on sloppy playing, I never understood why it got so much attention. But then again, taste varies, and that's a good thing otherwise I'd probably bore myself to death.