Bands that still carry on THE FLAG OF HATE !!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

NWN PROD wrote:Heathen Hoof vocals are retarded in a good way. I hope
Ari decides to record more HH stuff.
I must say the vocals are getting better the more you listen to the songs. It's a great band and I also hope they will put out more, because the last EP is definately worth getting !!
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:Heathen Hoof vocals are retarded in a good way. I hope
Ari decides to record more HH stuff.
I must say the vocals are getting better the more you listen to the songs. It's a great band and I also hope they will put out more, because the last EP is definately worth getting !!
Would i become mean if i say that they one of the worst/useless/tasteless bands i've heard lately? That's precisely the kind of metal i really need to avoid these days.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote: Would i become mean if i say that they one of the worst/useless/tasteless bands i've heard lately? That's precisely the kind of metal i really need to avoid these days.
Well everybody has a different taste... :)
For me there is about 99% of todays metal I totally avoid and Heathen Hoof does not belong in that category. Along with Slough Feg, Ironsword, Powervice etc they keep (today's little ) 80's flame burning. There is one big difference between them and putrid 'Metal Hammer' -CRAP: PASSION :twisted:
Long Live The Loud !!!
NWN PROD

Post by NWN PROD »

I understnad if you don't like them, but you can't deny their technical skills. Talentless is a bit harsh I think.

Maybe useless and maybe worthless, but not talentless.
NUCLEAR WAR NOW! PROD.
Home page: http://nwnprod.com/
Store: http://nwnprod.com/catalog/
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote: There is one big difference between them and putrid 'Metal Hammer' -CRAP: PASSION :twisted:

That's for sure. Metal Hammer has invented the term "Metal" for these bands. Nu metal, blakk metal, rap metal, reggae metal, shit metal etc.
(Un)Fortunately, all these "tough" guys have nothing to do with Heavy Metal. And that's why i didn't/won't make any comment on them.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

NWN PROD wrote:Talentless is a bit harsh I think.

Maybe useless and maybe worthless, but not talentless.
Well, uhmmm.......I think i wrote "tasteless". And i'm quite sure i don't confuse talent with taste. :wink:
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've just finished listenng to the new KRUX album ("II"), it's just incredible !!
Brilliant and intelligent heavy metal, it's even better than their first !!
One of the best release of this year (with Celtic Frost's Monotheist).

Another band that keeps the true spirit alive : Wolfmother. Their album has a strong 70's sound, with heavy Led Zeppelin and early Black Sabbath influences.
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

Candlemass and Exodus are the only ones that stick out to me at the moment
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

DaN wrote:Ever noticed how the lead riff in "Outbreak Of Evil" is a total rip-off of MC5's classic "Kick Out The Jams"? Not that it make it any less a classic, quite the opposite...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holy shit, you're totally right!!

By the way, Ernstv is absolutely right about the record's shortcomings, but those are what make it so great!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I have to say that I prefer nowadays Metal with female vox...Sister Sin is probably my fave band, but I also enjoy Sinergy (yes!) and Crystal Viper.

I also like Atlantean Kodex, Earth Flight, Tales Of Medusa and probably a few more like the second Adramelch album...
swayingball

Post by swayingball »

Blood Red
El Diablo Ninas
Blood Thirsty Demons
Relic
Dark Black
Darkhorse
Upwards of Endtime, Vestal Claret, Seamount, Earhlord and x-Atlantean Kodex.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Pagan Altar's new one could be even my favorite release from the band.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Rob

Post by Rob »

I had to revive this thread because there's a lot that haven't been said.

MIDNIGHT from US are a very good band visit their myspace page to see for yourselves.

Also, EVIL ARMY, is pretty good if you're into slayerish riffs constructions and Violent force like kind of vocals.

Strange why no one mentioned Toxic Holocaust.
6is9
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Avenger Of Blood

Total early Kreator meets early Slayer worship (and quite good at that)!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I must insist with Funerot because is the only new band I actually listen as much as any other. Reverend Bizarre also released several great albums, even though I think the last one is extremely boring.
Hirax has been releasing great stuff since the return too.
With my band I'm trying to do something in the old vein of Death Metal, back when it was a (un)healhty mix between Thrash, Black, Punk and occasionally Doom. You know, Autopsy, Slaughter, old Death, Repulsion, Macabre, Impetigo, Massacre, Pungent Stench, etc.