MERCY (Sweden) question

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DeathLörd

MERCY (Sweden) question

Post by DeathLörd »

I just finished listening to the "Swedish Metal" 12". As I was putting it back in my collection I stumbled across and decided to look at the "Black Death" Pic 12" EP again. The pictures on the back are so fucking METAL!!! Can anyone post any rare photos of vintage MERCY here?? I'd kill to see more from that mid-80's era with Messiah Marcolin!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Mercy with messiah is truly fantastic stuff!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

anthares wrote:Mercy with messiah is truly fantastic stuff!!
Agree, I'm still looking for the Witchburner LP, which seems to be a major pain in the ass to find :cry:
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Do you have the CD reissues on TPL? I think there's a bunch of old pictures in those booklets.
anthares

Post by anthares »

The Sentinel wrote:
anthares wrote:Mercy with messiah is truly fantastic stuff!!
Agree, I'm still looking for the Witchburner LP, which seems to be a major pain in the ass to find :cry:
As well!
DeathLörd

Post by DeathLörd »

Someone have vintage MERCY on video for trade??
christiandiaz

Post by christiandiaz »

Maybe the starters of the swedish metal scene?It is my poor oppinion :oops:
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

I'm not sure when to say that the Swedish metal scene started. It was gradually if anything. But the first band to record something would be heavy Load I think.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Corimngul wrote:I'm not sure when to say that the Swedish metal scene started. It was gradually if anything. But the first band to record something would be heavy Load I think.
Yes Heavy Load.But in my opinion they aren't that special band.
For me the best early Swedish band is GOTHAM CITY without any doubt.But anyone tell me why i have that feti(s)h with ROSSOS? 8)
humus

Post by humus »

Fucking Åmål wrote:But anyone tell me why i have that feti(s)h with ROSSOS? 8)
Because the songs are just too catchy! It has been 5/6 months since I last heard them because the MP3's are on another hard disk, but last week I found myself humming and singing Rossos at work.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

So true.Their songs rip many Swedish full Lenghts.Glad someone agrees with me here(humus). 8)
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Corimngul wrote:I'm not sure when to say that the Swedish metal scene started. It was gradually if anything. But the first band to record something would be heavy Load I think.
Yes Heavy Load.But in my opinion they aren't that special band.
For me the best early Swedish band is GOTHAM CITY without any doubt.But anyone tell me why i have that feti(s)h with ROSSOS? 8)
Amen to that. They were first but really not that good some people make them to be. I'll agree that Gotham City were better but I don't worship them either. Then again it's all opinions. I guess my interest in the early Swedish scene is more of a cultural/historic one (with the random NWOBHM-like band to be loved and of course Mindless Sinner) than my interest in, for example, the NWOBHM movement which was a fountain of quality from start to finish. As for Rossos, I'm afraid I haven't heard them. :cry:
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Corimngul wrote: I guess my interest in the early Swedish scene is more of a cultural/historic one (with the random NWOBHM-like band to be loved and of course Mindless Sinner) than my interest in, for example, the NWOBHM movement which was a fountain of quality from start to finish.
Although we agree on the fact that Gotham City were a lot better than Heavy Load i don't agree at all with the comparizon you make about the Swedish early metal and NWOBHM.For me there's no comparizon with early Scandinavian metal 1980-1984 which is classes superior to the multi-advertized NWOBHM.
Early NWOBHM were always history for me not so much good music though to offer(expect some few exceptions).
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

As far as I've heard, the now deceased MERCY man planned to record a new MERCY album with session musicians (one of them happens to be a friend of mine) some years ago. Though I doubt they ever even rehearsed in the end. Wonder how that would have sounded...
Fun records
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'm not sure if it qualifies as an old MERCY-picture, but a friend of mine has a photo of him and Andrija taken around 1990 (without goofy face paint). If I remember correctly they had their sommer cottages next to eachother.

He's also got all the old mercy recordings on vinyl - signed.