Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
omen of hate
Posts: 6116

Post#61 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:48 pm

BAD STEVE - Killing the Night

All is said in the band's name, it's bad !!!

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6645

Post#62 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:13 pm

Pretty fuckin' amazing. Despite all the recent polemics against "Metal From Hell" LP, no one has mentioned it here yet. How come? :?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6601
Contact:

Post#63 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:48 am

ION BRITTON wrote:Pretty fuckin' amazing. Despite all the recent polemics against "Metal From Hell" LP, no one has mentioned it here yet. How come? :?
Coz it's awesome? :P
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

Nicko McBuff
Posts: 924
Contact:

Post#64 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:00 am

Bullet (Ger) - No Mercy The most boring, lacklusture 80s metal album in my collection with not one highlight, a poor mans ACCEPT and complete waste of time.

odin

Post#65 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:13 am

DaN wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Pretty fuckin' amazing. Despite all the recent polemics against "Metal From Hell" LP, no one has mentioned it here yet. How come? :?
Coz it's awesome? :P
Because its not the worst but certainly not worthy of the praise it seems to get here.

User avatar
Nightlock
Posts: 1309

Post#66 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:42 pm

ION BRITTON wrote:Have you tried FORTRESS of Azra? Horrible man, just horrible.
No wonder I got this one so cheap is it really that bad :P ?
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6645

Post#67 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:00 pm

Nightlock wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Have you tried FORTRESS of Azra? Horrible man, just horrible.
No wonder I got this one so cheap is it really that bad :P ?
Veeery bad album, the vocals, the songs everything sucks badly. Horrible.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

IronBloodBlasphemy
Posts: 53

Post#68 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:13 pm

DaN wrote:
METAL VIRGINS - Animal People
:lol: I toally agree. A horrible record. The music is basically poor HC/punk but for some reason the band thought they played thrash. Trash is more like it.
I disagree, this is a good record.......

User avatar
steelangel
Posts: 152

Post#69 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:52 pm

The Sentinel wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:my gay lover :lol:
:lol:

= Hammerfalllll
Seems gay or not, I prefer HAMMERFALL than tons of crappy "boogie-Rock-so-called metal and that's truly not metal" 80's crap ... But it's a matter of taste ... once again !! :D

christiandiaz
Posts: 75

Post#70 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:00 pm

All the called New-Metal are awfulmetal for me

User avatar
nightsblood
Posts: 2406

Post#71 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:09 pm

a few stinkers in my book:

Cry of Terror- Terror of the Concrete World. The Crayola cover art kinda says it all, including the fact that they didn't leave enough room for their name so the last few letters are squashed together :lol Really crappy sounding late 80s OTT thrashy stuff

Among recent releases, the newest Deathspell Omega has to be one of the worst-sounding, boring, pompous, poorly-done albums I've heard in years (well, since Mastodon's 'blood mountain' anyway)

Among NWOBHM releases, Mithrandir is pretty bad, as is SLOW TRAIN. One that usually gets praised but that I can't stand personally is the Overdrive 'on the run' EP; some of the worst songwriting/playing I've ever heard. However, the crown has to go to ANTHEM for their 'england' EP. This one is just abyssmally boring Long, uninteresting songs that go nowhere and display no musical capability at all. Wailing "englaaaaaaaaand, how I love you!" over and over goes from funny to sad to just plain pathetic. It sells for hundreds of bucks, so I guess some folks like it, but personally i wouldn't even have it in my collection.

It's all a matter of taste of course. Some folks hate Helloween's 'keepers of the seven keys part one' while I think it's the best metal album ever recorded

User avatar
Black Axe
Posts: 3098
Contact:

Post#72 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:17 pm

nightsblood wrote:Among NWOBHM releases, Mithrandir is pretty bad, as is SLOW TRAIN. One that usually gets praised but that I can't stand personally is the Overdrive 'on the run' EP; some of the worst songwriting/playing I've ever heard. However, the crown has to go to ANTHEM for their 'england' EP.
:evil: Are your ears dead?

I love those bands/releases!(excluding Slow Train, never heard their material)

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2045

Post#73 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:43 pm

not sure if this is the right thread, I just heard the Satan's Massacre - Robbing The Graveyard And Raping The Dead (1986) demo and it was one of the worst things ever, maybe as bad as OVERDETH.

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6601
Contact:

Post#74 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:14 pm

doomedplanet wrote:not sure if this is the right thread, I just heard the Satan's Massacre - Robbing The Graveyard And Raping The Dead (1986) demo and it was one of the worst things ever, maybe as bad as OVERDETH.
I think they've been mentioned somewhere here before. I found the tape on this blog and gave it a listen and I agree, it's incredibly awful. Still, it sounds like it could be an "intentional" joke-recording rather than a case of OVERDETH/W.O.S.-like TRUE retardation, but I guess we'll never know..
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

jman
Posts: 176

Post#75 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:35 am

Azaras wrote:
Does anybody know FUNERAL of Azra? Opinions?
Funeral is punk and their track "Waiting for the Bomb Blast to Arrive" is among the best and comped on I think "Bloodstains Across California" LP.

This thread is great!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests