Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DaN wrote:
omen of hate wrote:SAD IRON - Total Damnation
Wha... you gotta be kidding. SAD IRON are prime Euro-Metal! Well, "We all praise the devil" might be a bit akward in a funny kinda way, but I still consider this MLP one of the better Dutch Metal outputs.
I must agree...SAD IRON - Total Damnation isn't a bad album AT ALL !!!! ANCIENT DUTCH STEEL will live forever !!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

It's great memories though, in 1982, it was the first gig I ever attended ...
YOU - HAVE - SEEN - KUSTER - LIVE ?!?!?!?!??! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Man, you really have something to brag about there :lol:
Yes, they may possibly be the worst HM/HR band ever, but they were so fucking funny I still consider them a cult-band. Do you have any of their singles? I only have three of them, and I'm almost certain they made at least 5.

Yes, I do collect ultra-crappy Metal if that wasn't obvious before. Frankly I collect alot of super-crappy, weird and fucked up things, so this special side-hobby hasn't got that much to do with my 'normal' Metal fetish really, so keep the "recomendations" coming.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote:
It's great memories though, in 1982, it was the first gig I ever attended ...
YOU - HAVE - SEEN - KUSTER - LIVE ?!?!?!?!??! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Man, you really have something to brag about there :lol:
Yes, they may possibly be the worst HM/HR band ever, but they were so fucking funny I still consider them a cult-band. Do you have any of their singles? I only have three of them, and I'm almost certain they made at least 5.

Yes, I do collect ultra-crappy Metal if that wasn't obvious before. Frankly I collect alot of super-crappy, weird and fucked up things, so this special side-hobby hasn't got that much to do with my 'normal' Metal fetish really, so keep the "recomendations" coming.
Yes, it's true. Don't ask for detailed live report, I was 13 years old at that time. My parents let me go to the gig, because it was at 5 kilometers of my house. At that time, it was very important for me, I was pretty exciting about that as if it was a Priest gig or so.

Sorry, I don't have any of their single. But next week , I'm on holydays in my home town, I'll ask some friends if they still own them.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Great! I'll give you details on the ones I already own. (I'm not at home at the moment)
Ernstv

Post by Ernstv »

omen of hate wrote:I know that a lot of people won't agree with me, but an album I never can't stand is Living Death's "Vengeance of Hell".

The production is pityful, the vocals are unbearable and the songwriting is ... absent.

I know they did better after this album, but this first one is horrible !!
I for one 100% agree on this one!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Oh my.. Missed this one.

"Vengeance of hell" is a masterpiece, but the "New Remix" version is the one to listen to. Toto Bergman is one of the greatest Metal vocalists of all time and "My Victim" a top-10 Metal Anthem for me. C'mon, there's so much European crap from this era you have to have heard plenty of albums worse than this one? What about VECTOMS? FACT? SAMAIN? VAMPYR? Swiz KILLER? FAITHFUL BREATH? WALLOP? CHAINSAW? HUNTER? FN GUNS? BULLET? etc etc....
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Yes, I have to agree to Dan's statement. LIVING DEATH'S Vengeance of hell was one of the BEST and most important albums for the 80's metal scene in Germany!!..no I would even say Europe...all versions of this album kill especially Toto's vocals...without this album one of the milestones pushing metal up in the 80's would be missing and I took part in this so it was really like this. All my German metal friends in the 80's would agree with me... like "Pleasure to kill" this one brought metal one step up!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Nah. Vengeance of Hell is really weak godawful metal as heavy and brutal as... well it's actually neither heavy nor brutal at all. It's just lame.

"Metal Revolution" on the other hand is terrific. A fucking masterpiece I tell you. It's probably the most dramatic development between a first and a second album ever done by any band.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

...but you tend to forget all the average bits between the hits, i.e. "Killing Machine" and "Gripping a heart". "Vengeance.." was so much more even. "Back to the Weapons" was their Sgt. Pepper though.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Ohh, I just thought of one...

METAL VIRGINS - Animal People
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fire Steel beats them all!! Rights after the is Intense Mutilation, if that crap can be called metal
mordred

Post by mordred »

DaN wrote:...but you tend to forget all the average bits between the hits, i.e. "Killing Machine" and "Gripping a heart". "Vengeance.." was so much more even. "Back to the Weapons" was their Sgt. Pepper though.
I remember the hits Killing Machine, Grippin' a Heart, Rulers Must Come (THE hit), Screaming from a Chamber, Shadow of the Dawn, Panic and Hysteria, Road of Destiny and Deep in Hell. Funny though, I can't seem to remember any average bits between any of those... 8)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

metalmaster wrote:Fire Steel beats them all!! Rights after the is Intense Mutilation, if that crap can be called metal
I disagree, Intense Mutilation rules, ok, they're poor musicians but I really like their sick/twisted sense of humor !!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Mass "Metal Fighter"

and most ridiculous band ever : The Mentors
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

METAL VIRGINS - Animal People
:lol: I toally agree. A horrible record. The music is basically poor HC/punk but for some reason the band thought they played thrash. Trash is more like it.