Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I listened to Morsüre`s "Acceleration Process" again and got the confirmation that this has to be the worst album ever. Everything on this album is crap and completely senseless. The most ironic thing is that it has 84% on Metal Archives :shock:
slather

Rock Machine (80's song)

Post by slather »

Hi, I'm a newbie here. Was just wondering, does anyone remember a song called Rock Machine? ("Can't you feel - the rock machine is here - the sound of heavy metal is about to reach your ears....") I have it on an old tape, this song is pretty hilarious. I taped it, but never found out who did it. It was from the 80's. I'm dying to know who did it. If you know it, I'm sure you'll agree it's pretty ridiculous, haha. - Thx.
an iron deficiency can be dangerous
Keir

Post by Keir »

BODINE - Rock Machine

Pretty awesome if you ask me. :D
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

ah i think that morsure album is great!

does anyone have any information on the (original) thrash queen? its pretty clear that the "ashes to ashes" band is a metal enterprises engineered project, but i have my suspicions about the "manslayer" band as well. the sheer ineptness far surpasses stuff like deliverance, NME, random e. euro/south american/se. asian demo bands, and the whole thing just reeks of outsider exploitation. much like godfrey ho's early forrays into the kung-fu genre, the films appeared to be legit before he went into some really strange filmmaking, but are terrible all the same. was this band actually from the USA? metal-archives credits "Lanslyde Records" as being the original label that released this, but from what i can tell this is the only thing that label has put out, and its strange that metal enterprises would randomly pick up on it to license it. its a bit hard to discern an accent as the vocals are so poorly recorded
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

No problem with MORSURE from my part either, some tracks kick ass.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

khiijol wrote:ah i think that morsure album is great!

does anyone have any information on the (original) thrash queen? its pretty clear that the "ashes to ashes" band is a metal enterprises engineered project, but i have my suspicions about the "manslayer" band as well. the sheer ineptness far surpasses stuff like deliverance, NME, random e. euro/south american/se. asian demo bands, and the whole thing just reeks of outsider exploitation. much like godfrey ho's early forrays into the kung-fu genre, the films appeared to be legit before he went into some really strange filmmaking, but are terrible all the same. was this band actually from the USA? metal-archives credits "Lanslyde Records" as being the original label that released this, but from what i can tell this is the only thing that label has put out, and its strange that metal enterprises would randomly pick up on it to license it. its a bit hard to discern an accent as the vocals are so poorly recorded
THRASH QUEEN was actually interviewed in a very early (Norwegian language) issue of Slayer mag, when they had still only released a demo I think. I'll have to check my friend's old fanzine archive for the facts if no old Norwegian member beats me to it, but I'm pretty sure they were a legit US band at the time. What I would really like to see is picture-proof of an original Landslyde 1st pressing of the "Manslayer" album. The ME release says it was licensed from Landslyde, but unlike the KILLER FOX(X) original LP I've never ever seen this one...
Last edited by DaN on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slather

bodine

Post by slather »

Wow, thanks. Cool. I just listened to some of the other tracks on the album (on youtube). Glad to finally know who did rock machine.
an iron deficiency can be dangerous
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Lanslyde Rec discussion spit to new thread/aDmiN
fleece farmer

Post by fleece farmer »

never mind!
Last edited by fleece farmer on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

KILLEN and that Bohoyan or whatever it was called someone posted previously.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Warepire wrote: For me Trance is completely uninspired and it has no edge at all... also the singer sounds like a child.

And for the record: The Rods is a great band.
about TRANCE Power Infusion/Victory albums
:shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KnZtcMsHGg

If you don't like the above link i lose my words...For me this track is one of my favourite songs of all times.

Who are Rods by the way?
:roll:
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

That video is one of the funniest Metal videos I've ever seen.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

It's great.
Outcast

Post by Outcast »

Of old bands, German BLACK DIAMOND is the worst heavy metal I've ever heard, closely followed by CRNA UDOVICA (ex-Yugoslavia). Avoid.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Outcast wrote:CRNA UDOVICA
What's so terrible about them? The Youtube clips I heard from the '80s sounded competent at least.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."