Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

For me, INRI is one of if not THE best extreme metal album (meaning the black/death stuff). A lot of it comes from the overly chaotic blastbeats. I just love their drum sounds! I recently heard the versions of the songs and while they were not total garbage the sounds kinda ruined them for me. Ofcourse the album has other merits too but the drums got me addicted at first listens.

Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you jesus christ!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The Erlking wrote:Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you jesus christ!
I hate that often citated line to be honest. Way too childish

The titletrack is a monument though. It really has a special, goosebump making athmosphere hardly any other song ever made has
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Yeah , i think they're lame. To my ears they're just noise, pointless that is. Maybe the reason why is that i never actually liked one Thrash/death band from Brasil. Primitive yes ,raw for sure but it is my opinion that noise was all this band ever was. No riffs that inerested me ,no nothing.

This is my opinion (that goes without saying off course)
Black Axe wrote:Probably the same reason he dislikes Pariah, a case of bad taste.
I just love it when you're so absolute. Are you tryin' to be funny or is it just you..........?
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

The Knell wrote:
The Erlking wrote:Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you jesus christ!
I hate that often citated line to be honest. Way too childish
It's a bit childish but it's the emotional delivery that makes it special for me. So full of hate and agony but ofcourse it might not sound same to all ears. The whole album is like that. A violent outburst of anger.

And about it being just noise.. Well everyone's entitled to their opinion but I think it's not as primitive as let's say Parabellum or Beherit (both bands I enjoy as well). I always found the album pretty fucking catchy. Worked me at first listen.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The ending is the best. circus jingle-explosive diarrhea-flush
the whole platter screams teen anger
maybe I shouldnt take this album too serious
we're eat babies flesh
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell wrote:maybe I shouldnt take this album too serious
Yes you should! One of the top-5 greatest rock-albums of all time.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

DaN wrote:
The Knell wrote:maybe I shouldnt take this album too serious
Yes you should! One of the top-5 greatest rock-albums of all time.
no this dont work too well for me :?

btw Törr Armageddon totally has the ending ripped off
we're eat babies flesh
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

The Erlking wrote:
And about it being just noise.. Well everyone's entitled to their opinion but I think it's not as primitive as let's say Parabellum or Beherit (both bands I enjoy as well). I always found the album pretty fucking catchy. Worked me at first listen.
well ,it's simply a matter of taste my friend. Can't blame a guy for likin' it or even lovin' it. What can i say? Maybe the fact that there are no obvious classic metal/rock 'n' roll (call me Motorhead) influences (that all of the thrash bands i like have) makes me dislike it so much.
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Blasfemer

Post by Blasfemer »

"INRI" was always a special record for me but the Drums sound like they were programmed. Thats one thing I dont like about this record
jared

Post by jared »

omen of hate wrote:I know that a lot of people won't agree with me, but an album I never can't stand is Living Death's "Vengeance of Hell".

The production is pityful, the vocals are unbearable and the songwriting is ... absent.

I know they did better after this album, but this first one is horrible !!
this is incorrect.
PoserHolocaust

Post by PoserHolocaust »

I agree with most the bands on the list so far, but I personally love Voivod, Sarcofago and I like Sad Iron's youthful and naive debut. It is not perfect, but it has a certain charm.

There was a band from Canada named Assault I always thought sucked pretty bad.

I also think that Damien Storm is so bad that it must be a joke band. The drums are so ridiculous that no one could have done that programming with a straight face. .
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

you mean the band with the lp "Survival in the Streets"? Killer record, I think you will find many on this forum that like it.
PoserHolocaust wrote: There was a band from Canada named Assault I always thought sucked pretty bad.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

"Sweet Revenge" = killer record, crude and unforgettable. Since you don't like records you should not know about this album anyway.
Avenger wrote:Add Karisma to that list as well.

That "Sweet Revenge" album is pretty bad,..
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

whoah, yeah this some true crapiness.
Blasfemer wrote:I would like to introduce my friends of MAGIC MAN to you:
http://www.myspace.com/magicmanmetal
Of Course the music is bad especially the vocals, but I can't help me there is something obscure, great and interesting in their music. Maybe they will develop themselves

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that their earlier demos are much better than the stuff on myspace :lol:
PoserHolocaust

Post by PoserHolocaust »

doomedplanet wrote:you mean the band with the lp "Survival in the Streets"? Killer record, I think you will find many on this forum that like it.
PoserHolocaust wrote: There was a band from Canada named Assault I always thought sucked pretty bad.
Yes that is the one. I saw them live a few times. I had the record too and recently traded it. I thought they were pretty generic and poserish. Maybe i'm judging them a bit too much based on their live show because I guess the record had some okay material. They had this manager that was a Top 40 hit machine kind of cheeseball and they were pretty lame IMO. Each to his own though :wink:

I come into this record pretty regularly.. at least I know where I can trade it now.