SCARAB

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
solar eagle

SCARAB

Post by solar eagle »

As far as I know there are two British bands with the name ''Scarab''.The one with the ''Poltergeist'' 7'' and the other with the ''Rock Night'' 7''.I think that one of them is from Birmingham.Does anybody know the exaxt city of origin of both bands?
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

If I remeber correct the "Rock Night" ones are from Birmingham.
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.
solar eagle

Post by solar eagle »

I've got a slight impression that both bands come from the area of Birmingham or that city itself but I would like some more details from anyone well-informed NWOBHM-ist.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Someone should have 'The Bible' laying around. My own copy has been lost for almost a year now :cry:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

What does it matter anyway? Both are great (Where the hell is the headbanging emoticon!@#$!??!!)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I like the poltergeist one the most, it's pure crushing metal the way I like it best
Long Live The Loud !!!
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

The Sentinel wrote:I like the poltergeist one the most, it's pure crushing metal the way I like it best
Agreed. Poltergeist should be U.Ks national anthem!
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.
Scarab

Scarab ..................

Post by Scarab »

Scarab was formed in birmingham in 1980.............the single your taking about was released in 1984.......................the original members Paul britton, dave parrish and nige shaw are back together recording an album to be released on The Miskontinic Foundation leter this year.................the album will include demo's, live recordings and 6 re-recorded tracks...........including an extended Poltergeist..............

Scarab appreciates the great comments on this forum.

\m/
I'll make a trade, a soul for a soul............................
Black Axe

Re: Scarab ..................

Post by Black Axe »

Scarab wrote:Scarab was formed in birmingham in 1980.............the single your taking about was released in 1984.......................the original members Paul britton, dave parrish and nige shaw are back together recording an album to be released on The Miskontinic Foundation leter this year.................the album will include demo's, live recordings and 6 re-recorded tracks...........including an extended Poltergeist..............

\m/
Welcome! Is the album really coming later this year? Miskatonic releases have the habit of taking a few years to be released.

This is one of the releases I'm most looking forward to!
Scarab

Post by Scarab »

Black Axe wrote:
Scarab wrote:Scarab was formed in birmingham in 1980.............the single your taking about was released in 1984.......................the original members Paul britton, dave parrish and nige shaw are back together recording an album to be released on The Miskontinic Foundation leter this year.................the album will include demo's, live recordings and 6 re-recorded tracks...........including an extended Poltergeist..............

\m/
Welcome! Is the album really coming later this year? Miskatonic releases have the habit of taking a few years to be released.

This is one of the releases I'm most looking forward to!
We start recording in May/June I hope. The first album's going to be old stuff, live, demo's and 6 new ecordings of old tracks, inc an extended version of Poltergeist...............

The plan is to play a few shows also, but perhaps this year may be a little to soon........................

thanks for the kinds words................we need all the support we can get........

PAUL
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

\m/
Welcome on the board \m/ Looking forward to the album
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:

\m/
Welcome on the board \m/ Looking forward to the album
I'm sure it will be as killer as the single. Welcome to the corroseum Paul!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Scarab

Scarab album

Post by Scarab »

Thanks....................now can someone tell me why I have "slippery when wet" next to my name????????????? cos its just about the worse f--king phrase you could put next to Scarab?????

HELP.........
Black Axe

Re: Scarab album

Post by Black Axe »

Scarab wrote:Thanks....................now can someone tell me why I have "slippery when wet" next to my name????????????? cos its just about the worse f--king phrase you could put next to Scarab?????

HELP.........
The more you post, the better your forum title will become. :lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I think the 'rock night' single came out 2-3 years earlier than the excellent 'Poltergeist' single, and Malc's book does have both bands being form that general area, although the entry for the 'rock night' Scarab doesn't have may details.

A release of classic Scarab material would be very cool indeed! Very cool news!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky