NWOBHM sites or blogs

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
omen of hate

NWOBHM sites or blogs

Post by omen of hate »

It's quite difficult to find a relyable, complete NWOBHM site.
Does someone have some hintd to find a good one ?

Thanks a lot.
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

Here's a blog:

http://nwobhmblog.blogspot.com/

and this sites allright:

http://nwobhm.eigenstart.nl/
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks a lot !
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Isn't this one the most complete?

http://www.nwobhm.info/

Pardon me, if it isn't ...
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Re: NWOBHM sites or blogs

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:It's quite difficult to find a relyable, complete NWOBHM site.
Does someone have some hintd to find a good one ?

Thanks a lot.
Funny. 8 years later I'm looking for the same thing and hardly anything comes up apart from this thread. Where have all the good NWOBHM sites gone? And does anyone know the guy behind the old nwobhm.info site? Need to get in contact with him.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Would be about time to write an updated NWOBHM Encyclopedia. That first part (although it's huge) doesn't covers many obscure acts and also it would be about time to write something about the acts from the late 80's like Diva, Paper Tyger, Teaser, Grafitti, La Roche, Laiden Run etc etc ...
Last edited by Prowler on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Well, I'd say the first volume carries quite a few obscurities, but I guess once they're in a book they're no longer obscure :?:

I agree that post-NWOBHM UK Metal is a very poorly documented scene tho'. I guess what would be ideal would be a site completely dedicated to British 80's Heavy Metal, regardless of acronyms.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Indeed it would. Alone for the reason that most british bands even in the post-NWOBHM era couldn't get rid off their british NWOBHM roots. However, the late 80's scene hides a few raw diamonds. I just discovered a few quite respectable Melodic Metal singles that nobody talked about yet and if the sellers wouldn't have added soundclips I'd never would have bought the crap as you know for the unknown stuff that nobody wants even for low prices, it's always a walk on the Drahtseil, might it be crap or does it sound listenable???
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

Prowler wrote:Indeed it would. Alone for the reason that most british bands even in the post-NWOBHM era couldn't get rid off their british NWOBHM roots. However, the late 80's scene hides a few raw diamonds. I just discovered a few quite respectable Melodic Metal singles that nobody talked about yet and if the sellers wouldn't have added soundclips I'd never would have bought the crap as you know for the unknown stuff that nobody wants even for low prices, it's always a walk on the Drahtseil, might it be crap or does it sound listenable???
Yes but this is the fun of it all isn't it?

And if the investment is small the gamble is even better.

I remember 10 plus years ago every pawn shop out west were selling truckloads of CD's for $.25 a piece and I was buying them ALL up. I would spend hours upon hours pouring over boxes and reading liner notes to see if I had found something amazing. And at a quarter a piece I found many amazing albums, but alas many duds as well. :)
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

martinsane wrote:
Prowler wrote:Indeed it would. Alone for the reason that most british bands even in the post-NWOBHM era couldn't get rid off their british NWOBHM roots. However, the late 80's scene hides a few raw diamonds. I just discovered a few quite respectable Melodic Metal singles that nobody talked about yet and if the sellers wouldn't have added soundclips I'd never would have bought the crap as you know for the unknown stuff that nobody wants even for low prices, it's always a walk on the Drahtseil, might it be crap or does it sound listenable???
Yes but this is the fun of it all isn't it?

And if the investment is small the gamble is even better.
Sometimes yes, but mostly the sellers want 9,99 GBP for the single. If it has a nothing saying cover and no sound clip it is always hard to decide to buy it or not. I don't wanna waste money ... fortunately it didn't happen yet. Just got the Love and War 7". Pretty cool US style Glam Metal/Hard Rock. Sounds more american than british and no Vince Neil imitator on vox! haha
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet?

http://nwobhm.com/
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Korgüll wrote:Not sure if anyone has seen this yet?

Gosh! thanks, much needed now.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Noisenik wrote:
Korgüll wrote:Not sure if anyone has seen this yet?

Gosh! thanks, much needed now.
Unfortunately there are far too many bands missing for the site to compete with Malc's book.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Looks like it's still a work in progress?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Keir

Post by Keir »

Khnud wrote:Unfortunately there are far too many bands missing for the site to compete with Malc's book.
I'm not sure anyone expects it to replace Malc's book. If you were looking for pictures you could easily say that Malc's book can't compete with that site.