early Queensryche sound

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
hload

Post by hload »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:Here some good bands and album(imo :wink: ),btw,here in Italy we define the bands that play this way as "programmed" just because of the LETHAL album:

ALIEN -- Metal to infinity
ATOMIC COCKTAIL -- Metal Rages On
BRAT -- Sword and stone
BROKEN GLAZZ(ITALY) -- Divine
DEAD END(JAPAN) -- Shambara
DREAMLORE -- Confined to destiny
DRIVE -- Character in time
EDWIN DARE -- The Unthinkable Deed + Can't Break Me
H-KRISTAL -- 1981
KING'S RANSOM - Curators of realm
LAST WARNING -- From the Floor Of the Well
LETTER X -- Time of the Gathering
LEVIATHAN -- Leviathan + Deepest Secrets Beneath
LORD BANE -- Age of elegance
MASQUERADE -- Cybernetic empire
MEDALYON -- Visions
MOON OF STEEL -- Passions
POWERSURGE -- Powersurge
RECON -- Behind enemy lines
VAUXDVIHL -- To Dimension Logic
VISIONARY -- Visionary

what ever list....
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'll vouch that list as being quite incorrect.

Minus of course Leviathan. They are pure Queensryche clones in my opinion.
Last edited by Avenger on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote: BRAT -- Sword and stone
Sorry, but they don't sound like Queensryche.
Now that I'm seeing your list again, neither KINGS RANSOM do.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
hload

Post by hload »

actually the vast majority of the list doesn't sound like q'ryche, especially early.
i have everything from that list. even the demos from atomik cocktail that are not on the RR release(and for good reason!).

i worship last warning,medalyon, lord bane,VAUXDVIHL and first edwin dare but for different reasons.how 'bout a completely personal style like lord bane and the gods, vauxdvihl? i didn't know that this makes me q'ryche fanboyo.except if also yngwie(biggest influence of mr. kollman from e.dare ) was q'ryche clone..... :lol: :shock: i'll put it to my the things i learn everyday list .

this reminds me some fool in youtube who wrote that buddy has similar voice to dick-in-son. yeah, perhaps dickinson even played the flute and draw the PW first cover also.....
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Do DEAD END sound like early Ryche? Haven't heard them, but it's difficult to imagine a japanese band sounding like that. If they do though, they must be the only ones.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

daniel wrote:"ALIEN - 'Metal To Infinity'"

I'm sure you meant to say ALIAS ;)

Don't agree on at least Drive and Powersurge...
Yes,of course :wink:

As i said it's my own taste(and i didn't wrote they are all Queensryche's clones :wink: ),simply these bands have progressive and melodic elements that sometimes have their roots in early Queensryche(but also in Fates Warning,Heir Apparent and some others bands),obviously (and thankfully) they do not sound all the same!
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, the issue is not whether those albums are good or bad, that's all subjective, but if the Queensryche influence is there or not, that is not very arguable. Doesn't matter if the influence's well-hidden or is quite small or if we're talking about blatant rip-offs, either it is there or it's not. It's obvious that many albums on your list cannot be put in the category this topic's about

omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

ION BRITTON wrote:Do DEAD END sound like early Ryche? Haven't heard them, but it's difficult to imagine a japanese band sounding like that. If they do though, they must be the only ones.
DEAD END can sound sometimes like US Metal, but in no way they sound like (early) QUEENSRYCHE.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Dead End is a deformed son of a bitch. They take some pop melodies and hard rock influences, twists them and turn them around and mix them in their own kind of Heavy Metal on top of it. They really don't sound much like any other band I know of and especially not like early Queensryche. :)
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Erlking wrote:They take some pop melodies and hard rock influences, twists them and turn them around and mix them in their own kind of Heavy Metal on top of it.
This certainly doesn't sound like something I want to hear :)

The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

The first album has it's moments.. After that they became more like artsy hard rock with passing Heavy Metal references. I like some of it but I'm sure as hell most here wouldn't.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

That RECON album is absolutely great, more straightforward US stuff; too bad it's rare as hell. MASQUERADE are from Holland. I never heard their music; worthwhile?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Doomed Beast

Post by Doomed Beast »

Haven't read all the posts, so not sure if they've been mentioned yet, but Glacier released a killer MLP which has a bit of an early Queensryche sound..
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Sentinel wrote:MASQUERADE are from Holland. I never heard their music; worthwhile?
I've never heard the Netherland based band but the Swedish one is pretty bad AOR/Hard Rock.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Since Holland was mentioned,i HAVE to bring up Zarathustra,absolutely amazing demo dead on US metal,too bad this band went by unnoticed and had to break up.
How about the first couple of Elegy demos? half malmsteen half high vocals early Tate style=amazing
I am not sure any other Dutch bands were that close to the early Ryche sound,maybe Osiris?
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear