DWARR

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
silverchame03

Post by silverchame03 »

I don't know this band, I'll try to find an album
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

Don't know how many Duane Warrs there might be in South Carolina, USA, but has anybody tried getting in touch with this guy?

http://irmo.c21bcr.com/agents/view/duanewarr

If anybody wants "Holy One" or "Times of Terror" posted in Poisonoise, just let me know.
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

xr2m wrote:Don't know how many Duane Warrs there might be in South Carolina, USA, but has anybody tried getting in touch with this guy?

http://irmo.c21bcr.com/agents/view/duanewarr

If anybody wants "Holy One" or "Times of Terror" posted in Poisonoise, just let me know.
Just wrote him and got a reply, and it's Duane from Dwarr. Apparently he has merchandise sitting around, so if anyone wants CDs, shirts, bandanas, etc., just drop him a line. He's also interested in doing a Dwarr website, so if any aspiring web designers are interested, let him know. Seems like a nice guy.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Must have received this message during the night .... DaN, you seem to have some work on the page :wink: :
Wow, I just visited your sight and you guys are pretty rough on me.

"Mr. Warr may have been a less than lackluster musician at the time, and totally clueless about how to produce a record, but it's still a hell of a lot heavier and more entertaining than his previous album. Yes, "Animals" is actually the 2nd album of DWARR-music, but Metal purists should take note that the '85 debut"

If you would, please change the year to 1984 on the Starting Over LP.
I think that I'll pass on the interview,
DWARR

Also, I didn't burn my gear or the masters. It's also nice to know that you guys are making money bootlegging the music of a factory worker. I've never made a dime on my music. I'm probably in the hole 30 or 40 grand. I never played hard rock music to make money or to please anybody. Hard Rock was my passion and I recorded what came out of me. The intensity that you hear on the Animals LP was because after I released the Starting Over LP in 84', people put me down so hard that I went into a 6 month depression. It was probably the first time that I had been criticized about my music in my life. When you cut a solo album, you lay your heart out on the plate and every body gets a knife. It's real easy to criticize when you've never laid your heart out on the table. In retrospect, they would have said the same things about any of the heavy bands that I loved. They just hated hard rock. I recorded Animals with more vengeance in my heart than you probably could ever imagine. My music is always with me, it never leaves me or lets me down. I'm sorry that it's not quite up to snuff for you guys.

P.S. How many of your favorite LP's were recorded with no dubs. All the tracks on my first 5 records were played straight through. I've written and recorded between 300 and 400 songs now. I've lost probably twice that many. Maybe you would have liked some of those.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Levi

Post by Levi »

Who is making money by bootlegging his records? And is he still selling records of his?
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

Noisenik wrote:Must have received this message during the night .... DaN, you seem to have some work on the page :wink: :

"Mr. Warr may have been a less than lackluster musician at the time, and totally clueless about how to produce a record, but it's still a hell of a lot heavier and more entertaining than his previous album. Yes, "Animals" is actually the 2nd album of DWARR-music, but Metal purists should take note that the '85 debut"

DWARR

Also, I didn't burn my gear or the masters. It's also nice to know that you guys are making money bootlegging the music of a factory worker. I've never made a dime on my music. I'm probably in the hole 30 or 40 grand. I never played hard rock music to make money or to please anybody. Hard Rock was my passion and I recorded what came out of me. The intensity that you hear on the Animals LP was because after I released the Starting Over LP in 84', people put me down so hard that I went into a 6 month depression. It was probably the first time that I had been criticized about my music in my life. When you cut a solo album, you lay your heart out on the plate and every body gets a knife. It's real easy to criticize when you've never laid your heart out on the table. In retrospect, they would have said the same things about any of the heavy bands that I loved. They just hated hard rock. I recorded Animals with more vengeance in my heart than you probably could ever imagine. My music is always with me, it never leaves me or lets me down. I'm sorry that it's not quite up to snuff for you guys.

P.S. How many of your favorite LP's were recorded with no dubs. All the tracks on my first 5 records were played straight through. I've written and recorded between 300 and 400 songs now. I've lost probably twice that many. Maybe you would have liked some of those.
Holy shit, I wouldn't have expected that response at all. It seemed like he wanted to get more Dwarr info out there. Weird.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

What's wrong with the debut? The song on myspace from the debut is great!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I remeber I heard a few songs of the first album in vibrationsofdoom and I stopped 'cause I didn't like it. Maybe I should give it a secind chance, but as I remember it didn't have the dark doomy stuff that made me like Animals so much.
By the way, what do the 2 last albums sound like? Do they have that heavy doom elements that we all love?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

xr2m wrote: Holy shit, I wouldn't have expected that response at all. It seemed like he wanted to get more Dwarr info out there. Weird.
He didn't respond since. He seems to be very angry or at least pretty embittered. :( But I won't give up.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I've been in contact with DWARR for 2 years now... I could get these CDs in my store, but I'd much rather work on putting out nice re-issues with bonus tracks and pay the guy some good money for all the hard work he put into it over the years.
He didn't respond since. He seems to be very angry or at least pretty embittered. But I won't give up.
Give the guy a break... jeez, why are you soo keen on emailing him anyway?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:I've been in contact with DWARR for 2 years now... I could get these CDs in my store, but I'd much rather work on putting out nice re-issues with bonus tracks and pay the guy some good money for all the hard work he put into it over the years.
Tim, I'm very pro for re-issues of Dwarr. It would be great if you could persuade him. I'm preordering 220gr gatefold vinyls now!
Shadow Kingdom wrote:Give the guy a break...
It will be hard to give him a break now that he is finally tracked down. However, I will try not to bother him, yet his last reply has opened a zillion questions which I will want to get answered.
Shadow Kingdom wrote:jeez, why are you soo keen on emailing him anyway?
Because I am/ we are fanatic(s).
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Right now I think it's just bad timing for him... but I don't want him to feel forced or pressured into putting out re-issues. If you guys keep emailing him and begging him for re-issues it only makes him not want to put them out. I know this because I've been talking to him on the phone for 2 years now!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Right now I think it's just bad timing for him... but I don't want him to feel forced or pressured into putting out re-issues. If you guys keep emailing him and begging him for re-issues it only makes him not want to put them out. I know this because I've been talking to him on the phone for 2 years now!
Any chance of getting those reissues released this year?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

xr2m wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Must have received this message during the night .... DaN, you seem to have some work on the page :wink: :

DWARR

Holy shit, I wouldn't have expected that response at all. It seemed like he wanted to get more Dwarr info out there. Weird.
I don't think a public forum is the right place to retort on a message sent in private to one person, so I'm not gonna.

I'd like to know though: does anyone here consider this review a bad one?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:I'd like to know though: does anyone here consider this review a bad one?
No, but you did call him a "less than lackluster musician". And judging from his message he probably assumes you were selling the bootleg you mentioned in the review too.