Long lapses in between albums

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
FenderMedium

Long lapses in between albums

Post by FenderMedium »

I've noticed a lot of people claiming an album doesn't live up to another simply because the person doesn't think the album sounds as good as they expected it to in the amount of time they "think" the band spent on it.

The thing that sparked this is that people claim the new symphony x album isn't as good as it should be because some people think they worked on the album for a solid 5 years since The Odyssey.

I find this ridiculous really, there are more factors in releasing an album than just writing it, its kind if stupid to think a band is just writing the album the whole time since the previous isn't it?
UriahHeep

Post by UriahHeep »

Long lapses can get people's hopes up but there's no logical reason to judge the release based on time alone.

As you said, there are other factors involved than writing an album. Touring, side projects, taking personal time off, etc.

Paradise Lost is a great album. Even if they did spend 5 solid years on it, it doesn't disappoint.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Re: Long lapses in between albums

Post by OmenOfSteel »

FenderMedium wrote:symphony x
dont care, this band sucks
We praise the blood that metal brings
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
That isn't what the topic is about stupid fuck.
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

FenderMedium wrote:
OmenOfSteel wrote:
LOL look who's talking :lol:

This topic is much too retarded for a serious answer so this is all you will get from me.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

Look whos talking? You are the only idiot here derailing perfectly good threads you fucking idiot.
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

It's not a perfectly good thread you moron, its just some other worthless spam-bullshit from a brainless redneck without any content worth talking about. Fuck off.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

OmenOfSteel wrote:It's not a perfectly good thread you moron, its just some other worthless spam-bullshit from a brainless redneck without any content worth talking about. Fuck off.
Fuck off you worthless greek piece of shit, also satans host is the worst band ever you fucking non white greek.
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

FenderMedium wrote:
OmenOfSteel wrote:It's not a perfectly good thread you moron, its just some other worthless spam-bullshit from a brainless redneck without any content worth talking about. Fuck off.
Fuck off you worthless greek piece of shit, also satans host is the worst band ever you fucking non white greek.
LOL this really made my day thanks kiddy :lol:
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
FenderMedium wrote:
LOL this really made my day thanks kiddy :lol:
I was serious, greeks are not white and are not the same people of ancient greece, you are a worthless left wing nigger dick sucking scum bag who needs to die.

My thread was completely legitimate until you came in here with your bullshit comments.
Last edited by FenderMedium on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

FenderMedium wrote:
OmenOfSteel wrote:
Think you could be just a TINY bit more clever than that when your fave band is being slagged? ("stupid fuck" - 124 000 hits on Google)

Roman: Yes, of course the do but that's not the subject matter here.

You just can't help having your expectations rise when years have passed since the last album. Even if the band haven't been constantly working on their music for all this time you still expect them to have gathered a lot of inspiration and strength to produce something out of the ordinary.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

Its not even my favorite band, this dickwad needs to fuck off though.

I don't even own an album from this band, but when someone derails my thread for no appearent reason I shouldn't have to ignore it, I've saw people banned for less than this, so just lock this topic because the greek niggers around here don't know how to shut the fuck up.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Almost 200 posts before Ryan finally snapped again :lol:
Still need to up those meds though. And take a long vacation.

Ryan, in response to your PM:
Yes the thread was perfectly legit and yes Roman's comment was kinda stupid (correct maybe, but still unnecessary) but shouting "fucking idiot" is waaay to kindergartenish behaviour for this forum. When provoked - retort with class. OK, so "Brainless redneck" isn't exaclty the kind if 'class' I'm referring to, but to use the schoolyard lingo you're familiar with: You started it!
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

You mean he was the same idiot you banned when I first got here -the one who bitched at me for using "Aussie slang" ?:lol:
Wasn't he banned before that as well? Wonder what his next username will be ? Maybe I should call every new member dumb white trash from now on and see what happens.....:lol:
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

wicked keeper wrote:You mean he was the same idiot you banned when I first got here -the one who bitched at me for using "Aussie slang" ?:lol:
Former nicks of that little short tempered racist douchbag were Ryacus and something else I can't remember.

He can't answer anymore so I'll leave it at that and don't comment on his other hilarious posts above. They speak for themselves anyway.