Heavy Metal from Argentina

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
doomedplanet

Re: Heavy Metal from Argentina

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN, yes this V8 lp is all tracks from the 3 albums.
Thanks for asking though, because all I needed to be in a better mood was to crank up a V8 record. These guys were one of the best, total balls out metal. RIP Osvaldo Civile
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Thanx for the checkup Rob. Indeed a killer band, that's why I wanted to make sure. Saw that comp on the wall of a local store earlier today - way too pricey to take chances.

On this topic, these arrived last week, finally completing most of my age-old Argentinian want list:
arrrrrrrrgh.jpg
arrrrrrrrgh.jpg (163.52 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:23 pm
On this topic, these arrived last week, finally completing most of my age-old Argentinian want list:

arrrrrrrrgh.jpg
Very Nice. All gems pretty much, though that Bloke album is the best. For me it is easily one of the best Latin American metal albums of all time, in the top 5 certainly.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

DaN? Did you rob a bank? :wink:
You know my address, if I should keep quiet about your crime, I expect the Thor LP to arrive in maximum 2 weeks. :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

doomedplanet wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:14 pm DaN, yes this V8 lp is all tracks from the 3 albums.
Thanks for asking though, because all I needed to be in a better mood was to crank up a V8 record. These guys were one of the best, total balls out metal. RIP Osvaldo Civile
I think that around here the consensus is pretty much that V8 was the greatest local metal band, and I would definitely not argue against it.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Short review of another great, underrated Argentinian piece of Steel added:

ImageVAGO - El Duelo LP 1991 review

My own vinyl rip:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
More coming up soon..
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Soon = now:

ImageBLOKE - Demolicion LP 1984 review

My vinyl rip:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cheers for the opportunity to hear it DaN, I've tried the Bloke album a few times now but it's just not endearing itself to me. The music is good & very well played stuff, but every single song is ruined for me by the singer trying to hit & sustain a soaring high note which he misses by a mile on every single ooccasion.
If the definition of madness is doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different outcome then this fella was more than worthy of a padded cell at the 'laughing academy'. A shame 'cause there's some blazing guitar going on throughout but i just can't get past his faltering screech.
Ah well, you can't win 'em all.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Again excellent reviews DaN. Vago is something spectacular. Fortunately my copy didn't come with the innersleeve. At the time I bought it there wasn't even info on it. Luckily I bought these all at a time when they came out for a bargain, no one was looking for them.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The last of my big Argentinian wants arrived a few weeks ago, so here's another review:

ImageCHYKLE - Jaque Mate LP 1988 review

...and rip:
Check it out - if only for the ripping title track!

I've also added what I believe to be the last missing Metal compilation LP from Argentina to the Compilopedia:

The EL DRAGON version of "Jaque Mate" featured on this comp is also included in the upload above.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I wonder when you finally switch over to the spanish vinyl scene of the 80's and early 90's. It covers tons of obscure jewels of all genres from Melodic to Power Metal, either those melodic Hard Rock there nearly all was literally a class of it's own.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've actually got some Spanish obscurities coming up on the site + rips in the coming weeks... (see your mail :wink: )
I find the Spanish scene is a bit hit'n'miss, but I guess that's mostly because it was so BIG, w/ so many obscure releases to sort through to find the gems. Plus I never liked much of the classic Chapa Discos-school of "Classic Spanish Metal"...
New thread perhaps?