Hellenic Steel - An archive of Greek and Cypriot Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Spinal

Re: Hellenic Steel - An archive of Greek and Cypriot Metal

Post by Spinal »

In addition to the newly added Fanzine section, we have also created a Youtube-channel where we will be posted various Greek and Cypriot demo tapes, etc. Mostly stuff that isn't currently available elsewhere on the net. Link included below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXM7Wc ... vUFhxbnB8w

PS. If you have a RIP request, please feel free to let us know and we'll see what we can do about it. :)
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Thanx for the Booby Trap feature. I've been in touch with couple of greek guys throughout the past decades but none ever mentioned that Booby Trap LP. I expected something ultra soft, but it features fully "distorted guitars". Very good Hard Rock.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Prowler wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:12 pm Thanx for the Booby Trap feature. I've been in touch with couple of greek guys throughout the past decades but none ever mentioned that Booby Trap LP. I expected something ultra soft, but it features fully "distorted guitars". Very good Hard Rock.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed BOOBY TRAP, Prowler. Although hardly an all-out Heavy Metal band, they had some really nice Hard Rock tunes and of course the final track off the LP ("Burning Brain") is genuinely heavy stuff. Would've been interesting to hear a second LP...

In case you haven't heard em' already, you might want to check out ΜΩΒ ("Mauve"). Their LP "Playing with the Colours" is kind of similar to BOOBY TRAP with the Pop-ish cover art and all. However, they are more varied both in terms of quality and heaviness. Oh, and the vocalist does his best Rob Halford-look on the band photo.

https://thecorroseum.org/hellenicsteel/ ... %89%CE%B2)