Albanian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Albanian Metal

Post by Fucking Åmål »

For which recording do you have the curiosity to hear how they sound i mean the socalled Exotic Metal of the 80's?
To me i have a great curiosity to hear Thunderway ALBANIAN :lol: :D :P (we the Greeks know...)Heavy Metal of the 80's.Have anyone heard this band?(You can search for it in Metal Archives)
Last edited by Fucking Åmål on Sat May 12, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Well, for the moment I would very much like to hear the first tape by Malaysian band CROMOK. I have a couple of songs in instrumental versions on an impossibly rare radio promo that sound great, but I feel I can't write a review of it until I hear the original versions as well. Hilfe!

Hearing the full 9-song tape by THE CRISIS from Nepal is another dream of mine. I totally adore that 12"/split-7" which featured 2 of the songs.

Here's a few other titles I've been dying to hear for a long time:

ICEBERG (BUL) - ? LP (LP or tape, whatever the format may be, the descriptions I've read sound VERY intriguing!)
DANGER (COL) - 7" 8? (supposed to be really great, raw HM)
þRUMUVAGNINN (Iceland) - s/t LP '82 (Cool cover art + old = potential)

Checked you THUNDERWAY on Metal Archive. Yes, you can add me to the list of curious would-be fans. Let me know if you find anything.
ION BRITTON

Re: Curiosity About The Unexpected

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking Åmål wrote:For which recording do you have the curiosity to hear how they sound i mean the socalled Exotic Metal of the 80's?
To me i have a great curiosity to hear Thunderway ALBANIAN :lol: :D :P (we the Greeks know...)Heavy Metal of the 80's.Have anyone heard this band?(You can search for it in Metal Archives)
Well, it's awesome melodic power metal, quite lyrical from time to time, with clear vocals but with a rather powerless production. I'd say their biggest influence is -who else- Iron Maiden. IMO it lays down LOTS of similar releases of their neighbour countries, including my homeland, Greece. Sadly, it's the only piece of Steel that i've heard from Albania. Anyone else familiar with other bands from this country?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

[quote="ION BRITTON] Sadly, it's the only piece of Steel that i've heard from Albania. Anyone else familiar with other bands from this country? [/quote] I have heard ELITA 5 an Albanian Hard Rock/A.O.R that had released several albums mainly in the 90's the few tracks that i have are perfect dose of hard rock.This band i think is very popular in Albania try through Limewire you will get many songs.The song ''S'Mund Ta Blesh Shpirtin Tim'' is a HYMN!!!It reminds me of RAW SILK.
Last edited by Fucking Åmål on Sat May 12, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ION BRITTON wrote: Anyone else familiar with other bands from this country?
AKULLTHYESIT!!! They sing in albanian.I think its early nineties band.They play Heavy/Power Metal(a little bit lighter than Thunderway) with lots of similarities to Thunderway.Their guitarist rips it reminds me of Bledar Seiko.Τhere is no chance not to like them if you adore Thunderway.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
AKULLTHYESIT!!!
Gotta check that up somehow... There's also a supposedly heavy metal band called ALBATROS, though never heard them. Has anyone else? And one called DJEMT E DETIT.

Oh, and while in that region I could just mention Maquedonia as well with bands called: SHEKULLI I DREQIT, ULURIMAEQETËSISË and ELITA5. Anyone heard this stuff? :?
Fun records
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:
AKULLTHYESIT!!!
Gotta check that up somehow... There's also a supposedly heavy metal band called ALBATROS, though never heard them. Has anyone else? And one called DJEMT E DETIT.

Oh, and while in that region I could just mention Maquedonia as well with bands called: SHEKULLI I DREQIT, ULURIMAEQETËSISË and ELITA5. Anyone heard this stuff? :?
Albatros was a band were Elton Deda singed?I don't remember propably they had connections with Thunderway.
Djemt E Detit,Albatros what they play?

I have heard Elita 5,they have some tracks like Aorish Hard Rock very good in that kind of style.''S'Mund Ta Blesh Tim Shpirtin Tim'',''Xhi Me Bone'' ,''Cka Me Ka Syri'' are two songs you should hear try some E-mule,Limewire and you will surely find it.
About Shekulli I Dreqit i have seen that mentioned again.Don't know what they play.
About Purgatory?Crimsonangel told me they were involved some Thunderway members in it.I will check and tell soon
Last edited by Fucking Åmål on Sat May 12, 2007 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Angel

Post by Crimson Angel »

Stuff of Albanian rock/metal that I have is:

Thunderway
Akullthyesit
Djemt E Detit
Purgatory
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Crimson Angel wrote:Stuff of Albanian rock/metal that I have is:

Thunderway
Akullthyesit
Djemt E Detit
Purgatory
Can you tell us what they play(genre) each band?
Crimson Angel

Post by Crimson Angel »

About Thunderway I think that you know. The others are more in rock form and the lyrics are in albanian. But they have some powerful songs!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Purgatory aren't even Aor so no talkabout this band so non-metal for this forum.I think the only metal think is its name.

Now i must listen to Djemt E Detit?Which year Crimsonangel?Can you tell us what they play?Are they in the same vein of Purgatory(non-metal at all) :evil:

What about Alboys?Noone refered them i think it is very good power metal sounding a lot like who else(Thunderway).Heavy as hell guitars and raw powerish vocals.I am interested to hear their demos so if anyone of you has them please upload?

I would refer also Toxin from Kosovo.Sometimes it is refered as Thrashcore but i think they have many oldschool thrash influences http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwACG236NFY
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Check this site for DJEMT E DETIT full songs online listening:

http://muzika.albasoul.com/artist.php?id=25

The singer do remind me a lot of early Valerij Kipelov (ARIA)! That's NOT bad I think. Quite creepy hard rock too... or is it AOR? Haha.
Fun records
solar eagle

FORCE

Post by solar eagle »

There was a band FORCE which put out "King's fury".Can anyone tell me where they are from?
solar eagle

FORCE 2

Post by solar eagle »

Apart from FORCE from the UK and the pre-EUROPE,of course.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Here's some more info which i tried to find about Albanian Metal through the last months.

AKULLTHYESIT(Icebreaker in Albanian) released their album ''Djëmte'' in 1993 or 1994.
They were from Elbasan,Albania and were friends with Thunderway and made propably some gigs with them.

For those who hasn't heard them and like Thunderway they are great too.
In my opinion this track is one of the best Eastern Block metal tracks ever written
akullthyesit-simfoniae e lamtumires.mp3 - 10.91MB

DJËMT E DETIT
Another band propably before 95.

They were from Tirana(?)

Listen to their classic track ''Jakup Ferri'' and enjoy(in my opinion it is a hymn).The guitar shreds!

djemt922 e detit - jakup ferri.mp3 - 4.39MB

PURGATORY has released many albums they are Albanians from Pristina,Kosovo

Listen to their own interpretation to the track ''Jakup Ferri'' and judge for yourself.
shqip - purgatory - jakup ferri.mp3 - 3.56MB

I wait for your comments.