Help Identifying This Song Clip

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Priamos

Re: Help Identifying This Song Clip

Post by Priamos »

sovdat wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:29 am
Prowler wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:51 am Sadly it's not that easy. I already did a research at Metal Archives for song titles like "Fallen king", "The fall of the king" and similar and got no result. So the title of the song must be called something different.
If you enriddle the mystery I'll donate a Bon Jovi "Slippery when wet" vinyl.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/R ... edd/241594

But from what I've read on FB it's not this band ...
Are we sure that is not Redd Baron? A guy from a local forum, used a program to compare voices and gave 70% match. According to him , this percentage gives a very good possibility. Does anyone has this live to compare? A guy named Brian Hess, has submitted it in MA. Does anyone know him?

PS. I checked the fb conversation. Yeps. Seems unlikely to be the Baron.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Nasty_Pirate

Post by Nasty_Pirate »

Been listening to every US power metal demo I have from 1987 and it reminded me of the following 3

Overkill demo
Witchslayer
Vampirella

it's not one of the above though. :oops:

I have a feeling this is either from a known band :? or it's really damn obscure :twisted:
-John! You have been found guily of being in league with the Devil and of having used heathen and forbidden rituals...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

It seems we are getting very close to solving the mystery thanks to Jonas 'lunaboy' Kazlauskas who very cleverly searched for protected copyright material! So, it seems that the song was written (words & music) in 1987 by a guy called Bernard E. Cavazos and entitled apparently 'King's Fall'. The guy hailed from Texas indeed as I initially stated, so i should be receiving half prize here when everyone else voted for Chicago, Canada etc - Dan, i am sending over my wantlist, well half of it :P
Nasty_Pirate

Post by Nasty_Pirate »

The Ripper wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:33 pm a guy called Bernard E. Cavazos and entitled apparently 'King's Fall'. The guy hailed from Texas indeed as I initially stated
I found a Bernard R. Cavazos, gynecologist from San Antonio, Texas :lol:
-John! You have been found guily of being in league with the Devil and of having used heathen and forbidden rituals...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Ripper wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:33 pm It seems we are getting very close to solving the mystery thanks to Jonas 'lunaboy' Kazlauskas who very cleverly searched for protected copyright material! So, it seems that the song was written (words & music) in 1987 by a guy called Bernard E. Cavazos and entitled apparently 'King's Fall'. The guy hailed from Texas indeed as I initially stated, so i should be receiving half prize here when everyone else voted for Chicago, Canada etc - Dan, i am sending over my wantlist, well half of it :P
Damn! He stole my idea I had yesterday evening before going to bed :lol:
Gonna try out the search engine to...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Nasty_Pirate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:48 am I found a Bernard R. Cavazos, gynecologist from San Antonio, Texas :lol:
Probably his uncle ... ^^
That name doesn't turn up on MA's list of musicians either ... :roll:
They played a Demo at the radio and nobody seemed to have bought the tape. :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Is it just me who feels that vocalist sounds VERY familiar? Can't for the life of me figure out where/if I've heard him before though...
Nasty_Pirate

Post by Nasty_Pirate »

DaN wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 pm Is it just me who feels that vocalist sounds VERY familiar? Can't for the life of me figure out where/if I've heard him before though...
Even the guitars sound so familiar!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

DaN wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 pm Is it just me who feels that vocalist sounds VERY familiar? Can't for the life of me figure out where/if I've heard him before though...
Millennium/Toranaga
When he sings "the fallen ... the fallen king" he sounds like Mark Duffy ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQiSiXy3h7U
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

It sounds like Witchkiller to me.
But i don^t think it is.
Seance are sounding similar too. Especially the song "Pray for me"!
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

The vocals definitely have a Midnight vibe to them.
Then again, that's pretty common in the US power metal of old.
Bloopy

Post by Bloopy »

The Ripper wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:33 pm It seems we are getting very close to solving the mystery thanks to Jonas 'lunaboy' Kazlauskas who very cleverly searched for protected copyright material! So, it seems that the song was written (words & music) in 1987 by a guy called Bernard E. Cavazos and entitled apparently 'King's Fall'. The guy hailed from Texas indeed as I initially stated, so i should be receiving half prize here when everyone else voted for Chicago, Canada etc - Dan, i am sending over my wantlist, well half of it :P
I looked up the copyright entry here and the registration number starts with PA, so I wonder if it's from Pennsylvania rather than Texas. The other results for the title King's Fall in that catalog all have numbers starting with TX, so could be a mix-up.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I think the PA prefix implies what kind of media it is (Phonographic Audio?). TX is for text for instance...
Bloopy

Post by Bloopy »

Ah, makes sense. I should've done more searching!
Lord_Sauron

Post by Lord_Sauron »

Sorry to jump in a topic like this, but somebody posted a link to this live performace in the comments of the YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PnDUZmbwjs

The description of the video says: "Z'ROSE perforning LIVE at the Sherwood INN, Waco, Texas 1989 Nick Cavazos, Vocals, Joe Cavazos, Bass, Lee Lewis Espinoza, Guitars, Vocals, Chris Rivera, Drums ENJOY!"