Marc McMillan’s NWOBHM Encyclopaedia

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
vasilis2112

Marc McMillan’s NWOBHM Encyclopaedia

Post by vasilis2112 »

Hello everybody,

I want to buy this book, but I am a bit confused.
I find 2 pressings. One from 2001 and one from 2006.
My question is, are they any different in content or is the 2006 pressing just an identical later pressing?

Thank you for your help in advance!
Prowler

Re: Marc McMillan’s NWOBHM Encyclopaedia

Post by Prowler »

http://www.ip-verlag.de/frameset.html

The Iron Pages guys do not list an updated version, so the 2006 edition might probably be just a reprint. Can you show us some pics of the one from 2006? Unfortunately there are alot of bands/singles missing, though the info on the featured bands is quite impressive.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/89203386

This is one of the many “stores” listing it as a 2006 release. Found it listed as 2006 release in Amazon uk and a Greek store too.
Most possible it is just a repress as all those 2006 pressings seem to have exactly the same description and number of pages as those listed as releases in 2001.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

The British Library catalogue only shows the 2001 edition, so 2006 must be a reprint, not a reissue.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Great!
Thank you both for your help!

Iron pages should reprint more!
I would love to read the US metal volumes and the German metal book as much as the Sudeuropa and Westeuropa volumes.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I remember there was talk of a new edition almost as soon as I got my copy when it had first come out. I seem to remember that somebody corrected that and said it was just a reprint but I am very hazy on the details. Of course, there has been murmurs of a new edition for years now - wonder if that will ever materialize
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

I ordered the 2006 edition from book depository for ~27€ with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! Still not received.
You can also find some other heavy metal goods there with FREE WOLDWIDE SHIPPING, like the dictionario heavy metal Latino, the Australian encyclopaedia, the noise book, the neat book and more.