old Dan Edman compilation CD

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
peterott

old Dan Edman compilation CD

Post by peterott »

Cheers, I found an old CDR without any paper featuring songtitles or bandnames. It was just named "Dan Edman mix CD", some 10-15 years ago... I would really like to know what I am hearing, as there is some cool shit on this CD.

What I recognise in this blindfold test:

track 1-2: some killer mid-80es Thrash band
track 3: might be the same band as above, however the vocals and riffing changed a bit
track 4: hoover guitar sound and caveman drums. Late 80es Death Metal demo- Guitar riffing sounds familiar, damn it.
track 5: edge of sanity live from the demo days
track 6: Entombed or late Nihilist instrumental track, it sounds so familiar but I am lacking the title, oh man... hälp meeeeeee, my brain hurts
track 7: Entombed - Drowned live
track 8: whatever svensk traditional with saxophone.
track 9: Samael - taken from Live Riddes tape '87 if I am not mistaken?
track 10-11: Pan-thy-monium rehearsal
track 12: Total Death (pre-Orchiste/Seance) - Has Time Come. Cool sound, that's from the Sampler LP?
track 13-18: Total Death - Promo '89 (Has Time Come in the original version as track 13)

At least I recognised 1/2 of the bands :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Re: old Dan Edman compilation CD

Post by DaN »

Hey Peter, tis been a while. If you can rip and upload that cdr Im sure I can help out.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Aloha Dan. Yes, been a while :) I still have your old blue backpack here that you've borrowed me in 2004 but which I've never returned :lol:

Let me see if I can convert the whole CD into MP3 and upload it on my dropbox account - in case I remember the password somehow...

Cheers !!!
peterott

Post by peterott »

Here is the link to a ZIP-file containing the 18 tracks. What ever track you remember that I am too dumb to identify, please let me know.

Hopefully that link works for download to everyone (70MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcnatrm83s1c2 ... R.zip?dl=0
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

It does! :-)

06. Entombed - Chaos Breed instrumental and furtherly downtuned/played for a whole tone, if I hear right.
07. Entombed - Drowned live and played half a tone higher.

haven't listened to them since WKW.

Btw., DaN, when I will receive a cdr with tons of UTUMNO rehearsals? ;-)
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Finally got a few minutes to spare on work-week:

1-3 is this CONJURATION 7" on Azra: https://www.discogs.com/Conjuration-Nig ... se/4593471
4 = DARKIFIED - Sleep Forever rehearsal december 1991
5 = EDGE OF SANITY - Dead But Dreaming rehearsal 1991
6 = ENTOMBED - Chaos Breed instrumental teaser rough-mix
7 = ENTOMBED - Drowned live on Swedish television 1992-03-08
8 = ENTOMBED/Owe Thörnquist jam-session performing Owe's "Nattönskningen" live on Swedish television 1992-03-08
9 = SAMAEL live in Switzerland 1987-11-14, no song titles
10-11 = PAN-THY-MONIUM rehearsal 1990, titles unknown
12 = Yeah it's this TOTAL DEATH song: http://thecorroseum.org/comps/musikformiljon.html
13-18 = A black generic tape with the sticker "TOTAL DEATH" that was part of a large demo-collection I bought in the 90's. Probably never officially released.

All rehearsals are first or 2nd gen copies.

Sorry it took me 15 years to come up with the track list - you can keep the bag as compensation :lol:
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

DaN wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:15 pm Finally got a few minutes to spare on work-week:

1-3 is this CONJURATION 7" on Azra: https://www.discogs.com/Conjuration-Nig ... se/4593471
4 = DARKIFIED - Sleep Forever rehearsal december 1991
5 = EDGE OF SANITY - Dead But Dreaming rehearsal 1991
6 = ENTOMBED - Chaos Breed instrumental teaser rough-mix
7 = ENTOMBED - Drowned live on Swedish television 1992-03-08
8 = ENTOMBED/Owe Thörnquist jam-session performing Owe's "Nattönskningen" live on Swedish television 1992-03-08
9 = SAMAEL live in Switzerland 1987-11-14, no song titles
10-11 = PAN-THY-MONIUM rehearsal 1990, titles unknown
12 = Yeah it's this TOTAL DEATH song: http://thecorroseum.org/comps/musikformiljon.html
13-18 = A black generic tape with the sticker "TOTAL DEATH" that was part of a large demo-collection I bought in the 90's. Probably never officially released.

All rehearsals are first or 2nd gen copies.

Sorry it took me 15 years to come up with the track list - you can keep the bag as compensation :lol:
First time listening to CONJURATION. Top stuff. Thanks for sharing.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Thanks Dan!! Cool, I wasn't that bad. That Conjuration 7" I even own :lol: But very nice stuff.
Total Death should be the Promo '89 as the tracklist noted on Metal Archives matches your tracks including the Celtic Frost cover at the end.

Cheers !!
peterott

Post by peterott »

I like these "blindfold tests" :)
Currently I have a USB-stick in my car with 500 CDs loaded. Lots of stuff I know since long and also lots of stuff that I've listened to just a few times in my life. This is a nice game during long trips if I remember the name of the band. And damn, I see that I am usually close (country of origin) but fail miserably in a several bands in this blindfold test, while others I remember instantly within milliseconds...

Sometimes the random play gives me real headache with 5 bands in a row in which I fail... :oops: