V.A Metal Gear(1990)-Greek Obscure Compilation

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

V.A Metal Gear(1990)-Greek Obscure Compilation

Post by Fucking Åmål »

OK now some pretty fuckin' rare LP, a compilation released in February 1990 by Molon Lave records and feautures 5 bands.This compilation is very rare in Greece(i've only seen once this and for example i have seen 10 copies original of Vice Human first album).this compilation is very unknown to collectors and i believe noone outside Greece has ever heard it.So you will ask me what they play those 5 bands,and i will say definitely 80's metal.Just scanned the photos in the backcover of my LP(i don't know how to rip a vynil sadly :oops: ).Apparently the 4 bands are from Athens except Leviathan who hail from my town!!!In fact i knew them before(and i think they have some mid 80's demos).

NIGHTSTALKER

1)Blooming Marygold(instrumental)
2)Greetings To Nowhere(instrumental)

classic HM

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

1)So Good Tonight
2)Hot Lady

Glam Metal

DIVORCE

Hard Rock
owner of Molon Lave records

BLACK LACE

Classic HM

AND FINALLY THE SURPRISE!!!!
LEVIATHAN from my city which play 80's US Power their song remind me of old Crimson Glory.Picture taken in the statue of thermopyles!

1)Liar
2)Low Gods

Line-Up(Leviathan)

Kostas Parinos(vocals/guitar)
Stelios Mamalis(guitar)
Giorgos Milonas(bass)
Jimmy Hristopoulos(drums)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cool. I think I've only read the name of the album on some want lists before. You'd better download CoolEdit from the link in Killing Tech and read up on some vinyl ripping asap :wink:
Helm

Post by Helm »

Oh man, that's the guy from Molon Lave alright. Hah

We need the Leviathan tracks!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Helm wrote:Oh man, that's the guy from Molon Lave alright. Hah

We need the Leviathan tracks!
Yes George Osmak.About the Leviathan tracks they are superb believe me the vocals is some of the best i have heard.My Crimson Glory,old fates warning description is true.A friend of mine not too fond of 80's metal said this band is awesome and the vocals rule.

I wish i could rip that but i can't do at all by myself it seems i am way behind in technology.I maybe give this LP to someone expert to rip these two tracks.
But i promise finally to do just give me some time.I try to locate also the DEMISE demos(thrash metal takes a new meaning).
Helm

Post by Helm »

Aces!
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

I have this vinyl...it's really rare...