What old cult metal bands have all original members?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Re: What old cult metal bands have all original members?

Post by Avenger »

bigfootkit wrote:
Avenger wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:Avenger, we all know you are a whiner, we do need a subforum for it. You single handledly pretty much ruined this forum, main reason many former contributors vanished. Suck it up and know it is true.
If having an opinion "ruins" a forum then you are clearly a sign of the times where freedom of speech is chastised by cancerous mommas boys with hurt feelings.

Were you fed soy instead of breast milk as a child?
Avenger, a wise man once shared this nugget of wisdom with me & i feel it applies here.
"When everyone in town thinks you stink of shit, maybe it's time to wipe your arse instead of blaming their noses."
I'm not having a go at you, but perhaps it would serve you better to reflect once in a while instead of always deflecting & being so aggresively defensive.
I'm by no means perfect. No one is. I've probably typed content a few times that could have been left alone but at the end of the day if an opinion of someone you have never even met offends you, then you're in the wrong place accessing the internet. It's text on a screen, opinions vary and the internet is a place of freedom. I stated an opinion regarding bands consisting of as little as a single member not being desirable and in return an entire thread is created stating that it's ridiculous with the intent to ridicule.

That's fine and I don't have a problem with that but I will defend my opinion. Especially when those involved have a clear bias. It's like a black man walking into a KKK meeting and then crying about it. Regardless whether it's right or wrong, he isn't going to change what they think and is just looking to play the victim and have a bad time.

It seems rather than accepting what the internet is, the modern "hurt feelings' generation would rather complain, implying that it needs to change.

A festival event was posted on the internet. Naturally questions were asked about it. That should be expected. Do you disagree?

I never really went into much detail about it. I asked a question and then posted the results of my search from where I was directed to obtain said information. This got made into a much larger ordeal then was necessary.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Knew bigfootkit's advice would be completely wasted on an autistic narcissist like you. :lol: :roll:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

wicked keeper wrote:Knew bigfootkit's advice would be completely wasted on an autistic narcissist like you. :lol: :roll:
Any advice is good in the proper context. That doesn't mean it applies to every situation.

Regarding the other comments, tell me more about where you obtained your medical credentials to be making such claims via diagnosis through a computer monitor. I'd truly like to know :)
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

"soy"? "cancerous"? "autistic"? What's with this reactionary shit?

The very idea that Avenger's free speech is being threatened by people telling him he's being pitiful is such a joke. That he, the whingiest whinger on this forum, is dismissing anyone as being "offended" & having "hurt feelings"... it's like Pol Pot accusing Bernie Sanders of being totalitarian.

Christ.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Well truth is that several people (me included) stopped contributing to this forum because they got fed up with the constant negativity and incessant arguing about unimportant details.

You don’t have to try and convince everybody that you’re right and they’re wrong in almost every single thread. It gets incredibly boring after a while. Yes, I now expect an answer in the lines of ”it’s not nearly in every single thread”, but this just proves my point. No one is trying to limit free speech, but if one has the right to complain and argue in nearly every single thread, the rest of us have the right to point that out as well.

And let’s face the facts - if we want this forum to survive, and most of the people who used to post here refrain from doing so because the negative atmosphere, shouldn’t we try to change the atmosphere?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Let me put it this way, I'm a some what frequent member of 3 other message boards regarding other topics of interest not at all related to Metal and have been for many years. One of them even longer than here. The age demographics are just as broad, if not even more so then this one. Out of all 4 message boards this is the only one where there's complaints about my opinions and/or defense of them. I find it very strange that "metalheads" if you will, are the most fragile and sensitive.

Yes, arguments happen. Differences of opinion happen. At the end of the day those involved have been around the internet for a long time and know what message boards consist of. They move on and we may very well agree on a topic in a different thread. I'm not sure why that isn't understood here in recent years?

The forum rules even specifically indicate:
4a. Consensus is for hippies.
- With the exceptions of these rules, dare to disagree. Even if you have shitty taste in music and perverted ideas about what Metal constitutes, at least signing up here and taking part in discussions is a step in the right direction. The doctor can't help you if you won't tell him what's wrong.

Regarding the "driving people away" comments, message boards have been on a decline for a while now with the uprising of social media. I'm not denying that a couple individuals that could "dish it but not take it" may have left but there is no conclusive evidence that specifically indicates that I'm to blame for a down turn in activity.

Dan started a family and hasn't been nearly as active as he has in the past. I haven't either. In fact, Up until a couple weeks ago, I didn't even have the time to login for a couple of months and during that time frame the forum was just as quiet. I would even go as far to state that it's only increased, (albeit slightly) because of my ever so "controversial" opinions.

Not really sure what people are expecting? Everyone to join hands and sing Kumbaya? :roll:

There was a time when there was some pretty rampent collector specific discussions going on here and the vinyl guys complained that the forum turned into "nothing but CD matrix numbers" which I was very much involved in and helped at every opportunity I could.

What do people want? There's no way to please everyone...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

I got recently into a debate about the current Judas Priest lineup.

Should it be considered as Judas Priest? or Ian and friends band?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:10 am I got recently into a debate about the current Judas Priest lineup.

Don't have strong opinions on that but is it not reasonable to accept greater changes of membership in bands which have been in existence continuously rather than in "reformed" bands? In the end, the important thing is whether or not they can perform.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Jeez for one awful second I thought Avenger was back - then I saw it was an old post... :lol:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

wicked keeper wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 am Jeez for one awful second I thought Avenger was back - then I saw it was an old post... :lol:
I needed a laugh.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
humus

Post by humus »

Wouldn't call them cult metal but I recently learned that Rammstein still has it's original line-up. Quite amazing considering it's a 6-piece band that has been active for 25 years and went from the underground to one of the biggest bands on the planet.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Rammstein, ZZ Top and U2 are the only "famous" bands I know about with all original members (since the release of their first album), that have been around for ages.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Well, there's Macabre, which I didn't see mentioned. 34 years around with the same three members.
DMR

Post by DMR »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:10 am I got recently into a debate about the current Judas Priest lineup.

Scott Travis may not be an original member, but he's been in Priest much longer than all the previous drummers combined. That's got to count for something.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Paralex.
http://www.paralex.rocks/

Not sure they play concerts, but they did record their album.

They also have a new video, with cheap new instruments
www.youtube.com/watch?v=as4C0L9cYhY

unlike their older videos where they all had Gibsons (except for the bassist).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqGd5vCicDg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nmw_KmPw8Q