Brazilian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
solar eagle

Brazilian Metal

Post by solar eagle »

What's your top-10 old underground Brazilian metal releases?(not black or death metal bands)
My list is as follows:
1.AZUL LIMAO-Vingaca
2.KARISMA-Sweet revenge
3.SALARIO MINIMO - Bejo Fatal
4.TAURUS-Signo De Taurus
5.VODU-The Final Conflict
6.PLATINA-Same
7.HARPIA-A Ferro a fogo
8.STRESS-Flor Atomica
9.SHOCK-Heavy metal we salute you
10.INOX-Same
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I love Brazilian Metal! Some of my all time faves are from there:

Alta Tensao
Azul Limao
Harpia
Salario Minimo
Stress
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great country for "Metal investigation", there are so many great records from this country. Faves are Viper, Harppia, Astaroth, Azul Limao, Alta Tensao, Centurias etc
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sorry for being off topic, but I.N. fuckin' R.I. is the (un)godliest thing that Brazilian metal ever offered to this world. All the rest are simply a class lower.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:Sorry for being off topic, but I.N. fuckin' R.I. is the (un)godliest thing that Brazilian metal ever offered to this world. All the rest are simply a class lower.
Dead-on. I.N.R.I. is one of the top-10 greatest Rock'n'Roll albums ever recorded. Period.

...but to adress the topic in question: Brazilian classic HM have never become a personal fave. Plenty of solid, standard Metal, but few (if any) albums came close to the best European or American releases of the time imo. ALTA TENSAO's "Portal do Inferno" and HARPPIA's "A Ferro e Fogo" would be among the better ones. Some more obscure faves would be FIREBOX - "Out of control" LP (US Power/Heavy meets Motörhead) and SADOM - "Love and Death" LP (original & mysterious yet raw and almost "droneish" Metal) and of course CALVARIO.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Dan: Rock 'n' Roll? :D

I must admit that I never really got into Brazilian thrash scene ... perhaps my favorite (aside from a certain ex-over-the-top-band) would be the 2nd Taurus, Phantasmagoria's The Mist, or the reunited Executer.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

ION BRITTON wrote:Sorry for being off topic, but I.N. fuckin' R.I. is the (un)godliest thing that Brazilian metal ever offered to this world. All the rest are simply a class lower.
YEP! I'll second that!

& (off-topic as well) SEXTRASH-Sexual Carnage = OTT!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I like the Excalibur demo a lot! It's strange Heavy Metal, never heard anything like that. Reggae Heavy Metal? A bit amateurish though...
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

The Knell wrote: Reggae Heavy Metal? A bit amateurish .
OFF TOPIC: Sounds like that horrible English band "Raggadeth" -anyone remember those tossers from the early 90's ...one of the side effects of that appalling and thankfully short lived "funk metal" explosion of the same time - the one and only good thing the seattle/ grunge craze achieved was to stop that dead in its tracks.... :lol:

ON TOPIC : Nothing Brazil ever produced can top Sarcofago and Vulcano at their peak.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

wicked keeper wrote:
The Knell wrote: Reggae Heavy Metal? A bit amateurish .
OFF TOPIC: Sounds like that horrible English band "Raggadeth" -anyone remember those tossers from the early 90's ...one of the side effects of that appalling and thankfully short lived "funk metal" explosion of the same time - the one and only good thing the seattle/ grunge craze achieved was to stop that dead in its tracks.... :lol:

ON TOPIC : Nothing Brazil ever produced can top Sarcofago and Vulcano at their peak.
Vulcano at their peak is unsurpassed even by the mighty Sarcofago IMO. Bloody Vengeance is the soundtrack of Hell.
Long Live The Loud !!!
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Hmmm...thinking about it ,you might just be right there...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell wrote:I like the Excalibur demo a lot! It's strange Heavy Metal, never heard anything like that. Reggae Heavy Metal? A bit amateurish though...
Not this EXCALIBUR I gather? They were a "pure NWOBHM"-style band as I remember it, but the article does mention a 2nd Brazilian EXCALIBUR from Bela Horizonte. As much as I cringe at the "Reggae-Metal" description I can't help being a wee bit curious. I must be a fuckin' masochist :roll:

More OT:
I have 2 demos with this early 90's UK act called DIE LAUGHING who actually managed to combine Doom, Death & Dub in a suprisingly effective manner.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I must add two bands of very different styles: Clavion and Expulser
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Nephastus and Acid Storm. I think everybody should get Biotronic Genesis. and later tell what one thinks of them :)
I am ... the One you warned me of