Brazilian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Re: Brazilian Metal

Post by DaN »

Another Braz' oldie, and me practicing to write shorter, to-the-point reviews:

VIRGEM ATÔMICA - Tempos Vencidos LP 1986 review

My rip:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

An Obscurity in the true sense of the word, finally properly catalogued:

My rip:
Be prepared for Krrrruuuudness, but lovers of raw guitars will like.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:16 pm An Obscurity in the true sense of the word, finally properly catalogued:

My rip:
Be prepared for Krrrruuuudness, but lovers of raw guitars will like.
THANK YOU! I've been wanting to hear this for quite some time. Supposedly I have a copy coming to me, but have had total silence from the guy, which has been very frustrating. Anyway in the meantime I'll listen to this in the car and spend some time getting my head around it. Overall I liked it but I cannot say it is a forgotten classic by any means. As a hunter of forgotten old metal I'm enjoying listening to a record I've been dying to hear.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:25 pmAs a hunter of forgotten old metal I'm enjoying listening to a record I've been dying to hear.
Exactly this is one of the reasons why I finally ended up grabbing an only moderately overpriced copy. The music doesn't seem to have been available anywhere, in trading circles, YT etc so what else to do...
Also it's been one of the larger black holes in the Rare Reviews-archive on the site, and lately I've sort of started a project of hunting down these oddities for the sake of completeness..

Despite the amateur performance I honestly think tracks like "Mundo Mudado", "Tired" and "White Light" are pretty ace HM tunes in their own right. And my doG those guitars :shock: :!:
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

I'm still looking for that one too, never really found it at an acceptable price...

What about this one ? Quite an oddity, Double LP + 7inch compiling lives from 1980-1986 and released independently in 1988. I have absolutely no memories from it I'll listen to it this afternoon...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

That Anarca LP is quite odd. A die-hard Brazil Metal collector though needs it. There are songs featured of the complete band's spectrum, from (mainly) Rock up to even some later Heavy Metal tunes. They aren't even bad, but the Rock stuff sadly overweights ... only for completists in other words.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

As much as Antisitema sounds amateurish (and apart from the 2 unnecessary instrumentals), there's something about the album that I always liked. And the production doesn´t bother me at all. At the time I got my copy, maybe 10 years ago or more, I used to trade with a guy from Brazil, and he had about 5 copies in stock, all new. As I remember it didn't cost me more than 15/20 USD. I don't know where, I managed to talk to the guitarist and mentor of the band Lock Anderson, in which he told me that only 1000 copies had been pressed. Many sold through the old Prodisc record store in Belo Horizonte (BR), also at the Serra Verde festival, and sold in bulk by the band members. And he didn't have any copies. This lp is extremely rare. But who knows if there is a lost box somewhere full of them :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Funny how I received Antisistema and this one on the same day, but from 2 completely different sources (Braz' shop / Swedish collector). Anyways, another large hole in the Brazilian section plugged:

ZONA ABISSAL - s/t LP 1989 review

Simply perfect Olde Heavy Metal and a must for fans of the heavier NWOBHM behemoths. Since Dies Irae recently reissued it on CD, I'm not going to post a rip, but there's a quality playlist at YT for the curious:

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I just noticed that the Brazilian label "Classic Metal" (..because why try to be clever fancypants, really?) recently unleashed a re-ish of old SANTUARIO-material. This was probably one the greatest bands off the S.P. Metal comps, so I'm curious if the rest of the material is on the same level as the tracks on SP Metal 2?

https://www.discogs.com/release/2451446 ... -1982-1987
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

It says that tracks are recently recorded, just written between 1982-1987.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Maxim wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:38 pm It says that tracks are recently recorded, just written between 1982-1987.
Oops.. Glaring warning signs. I guess it could still theoretically be good, right? Would love to hear some 2-line reviews..