Let's talk about MESSIAH

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Final Warning LP

It's OK
38%
A masterpiece
52%
Overhyped piece of plastic. Fuck them and their white metal
10%

Total votes: 21

Deathammer

Let's talk about MESSIAH

Post by Deathammer »

It's not so long time since I stepped into the world of US Metal (I've been collecting records for some years now, so there's no need to say what bug I got along with it). Listened to some stuff and got to know the most famous ones and one that sounded extremely cheesy at first suddenly became my fave of all of them and in some time it even became one of my fave Heavy Metal albums of all time... and it was Final Warning by Messiah! I can't believe people are searching and paying shitloads of money for crap like Wheelz of Steel when there's records like this, I know some have to have them all, but still.

I have some questions about this band and can't find any answers anywhere so I figured this forum is the best place to ask them.
-What is the limitation of Final Warning LP and the MLP?
-Does anyone have the Going Insane 12"? If so, could someone provide some pics of it? It would be much appreciated. Does the tracks differ much from the debut album?
-Does anyone know what the members are up to nowdays etc. what happened to them? It's a shame to waste a song writing skills what Chuck and Scott had.
-Did they ever play shows or do interviews?

Please share anything you know about this band!

Ps. And seems like Final Warning is strongly dividing people, so I added the poll just for fun!
doomedplanet

Re: Let's talk about MESSIAH

Post by doomedplanet »

It is a different record. Pic is on then net everywhere there is a cd re-release with bonus demo tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoTIYSFoIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W25CB451yLY

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Me ... ane/118105
Deathammer wrote: Going Insane 12". could someone provide some pics of it? It would be much appreciated. Does the tracks differ much from the debut album?
Deathammer

Post by Deathammer »

Shit, I somehow missed those tracks on youtube. I was asking did the style of their music change after the debut. I can make my own decisions now.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Pretty good but nothing special. I fail to realise why it outmatches (in terms of quality) a typical US metal band. However, I give them a credit for not being typical themselves. The 12 Euros I gave for the CD reissue, suit me fine.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Great album, except that I don't like "Mistaken Identity" at all. They apparently tried to make is sound dark and heavy only for the sake of it and maybe it would work for another band, but here it just doesn't belong. Still one of the best melodic metal LPs evwer made.
"Going insane" on the other doesn't sound that impressive, even those two remade songs aren't that memorable here.
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

It's got it's ups and downs but overall a really great record!! Very different from any other band I can think of right now.

I'm still after the Going Insane EP, if anyone has a copy to sell/trade, please get in touch!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

It's a quite ok to me. The first side is excellent but the second side fails miserably compared to the glorious first side. Used to have it but sold it after that cd came out.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Herkus Monte wrote: "Going insane" on the other doesn't sound that impressive, even those two remade songs aren't that memorable here.
Exactly my opinion! In the same minute you heard it you just wanna throw it into a corner. Both records do sound like 2 different bands playing though it's just a 1 year difference ... I still can't get over it sadly. A real waste of money. "Final warning" alone isn't cheap but "Going insane" is triple as expensixe and the same triple crappy sounding.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...