TYRANT (UK) - Anthology LP

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
tomas

TYRANT (UK) - Anthology LP

Post by tomas »

I'm thinking of buying it. The only problem is that I've never heard them. Can anyone describe their sound? The only thing I know is that it's raw NWOBHM.
Thanks!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

BUY IT, trust me, it's one of the best things in metal, pure raw heavy metal with balls, outstanding songstructures and lyrics, a very capable singer, outstanding axework etc...Every track is a monster, it's not your typical NWOBHM, it's just heavy fucking metal that will sent shivers down your spine and turns your skin into gooseflesh....
Long Live The Loud !!!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

yeah,I agree very good stuff, standing above many other well known acts
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A must-buy for sure. Musically it's more epic-US-Metal-sounding that your average NWOBHM-act. "Hold Back The Lightning" is one of the finest "Gallopp-Metal" pieces ever written!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I can only second what's written here - it's an album you should definitely have. I feel that band was a bit atypical of NWOBHM as they sounded a little American. There is a strong hint of the typical epic US metal about it, though there is still a strong NWOBHM feel.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Killer album!!! Caught me by surprise and crushed me to pieces!!!! MUST HAVE!
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:A must-buy for sure. Musically it's more epic-US-Metal-sounding that your average NWOBHM-act. "Hold Back The Lightning" is one of the finest "Gallopp-Metal" pieces ever written!
When i first time heard "Hold Back The Lightning" the EPIC vocals combined with that gallopping metal madness almost blew me out of the chair :lol:

But anyway a very recommended band
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Woah, these descriptions sounds good. I'm going to have to check this one out for sure.
mordred

Post by mordred »

One of NWOBHM's finest. Had these recordings been released as an album back in 1983 it would have slayed most of the competition. "Shadows of the Night" is maybe me no 1 favourite song from the NWOBHM movement. It's such an incredible powerhouse of furios riffage and relentless metal might.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

TYRANT is the band that was really ahead of their time! I got their Anthology LP and it is truly awesome!