Greek Heavy Metal?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I'm after three bands / releases

Thanatos Inc. - Life ltd.
Nigel Foxxe - War Of The Godz
Blood Covered - Winterhawk

And two demo bands only

Danger Cross
Death Courier
I am ... the One you warned me of
solar eagle

Post by solar eagle »

Speaking of WRATHBLADE,let me point out they're one of the greatest hopes of the whole epic metal scene!Titanomakhia 7'' rules!I'm looking forward to their new opus.By the way,do you consider the demo or the album by SARISSA to be better?I consider their mighty demo a must have for everyone!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote:And two demo bands only

Danger Cross
Death Courier
I have a good copy of the 1st DANGER CROSS rehearsal. Killer old SODOM/SoAm deathblacking stuff. I should also have a good rip of the DEATH COURIER demo somewhere, but it's been ages since I ripped the tape, so it might take a while to locate. I think it had a live show on the b-side that also got computerized in the process..
ION BRITTON

Re: Old/new Greek heavy metal

Post by ION BRITTON »

solar eagle wrote:POWERDROPS
I have a 7'' of this band. Painfully bad. Avoid at all cost.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

ION BRITTON wrote:

their CD "Seven Feelings" is really great...check it and you'll change your opinion my friend! :P
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ebony_Eyes wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

their CD "Seven Feelings" is really great...check it and you'll change your opinion my friend! :P
I don't think a have enough courage to do that. I paid only 4 euros for the 7'' but believe me it was one of the worst buying choices of my entire life. Next band please!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

wicked keeper wrote: Airged L'Amh -The Silver Arm - Awesome Epic Metal get it or die ignorant!!!
I gave this one numerous tries it starts out good then some where it goes wrong and it starts to get annoying.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Is this Greek LP-thingie familar to anyone?
Supposedly released in '82.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

FenderMedium wrote:
wicked keeper wrote: Airged L'Amh -The Silver Arm - Awesome Epic Metal get it or die ignorant!!!
I gave this one numerous tries it starts out good then some where it goes wrong and it starts to get annoying.
That sounds like Dan's relationship with him.... :lol:
christiandiaz

Post by christiandiaz »

I have Crush-Kingdom of the kings- and it is exellent.And another one is Black Fate but too much progressive for my taste.And by the way the strangest gems came from that Land too. :o
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:Is this Greek LP-thingie familar to anyone?
Supposedly released in '82.
:shock: Never knew this one.Have you heard/do you own that LP Dan?I have seen tons of 80's Greek vynil releases labeled under rock/hard rock and countless 80's demos in metal magazines but have still no idea what they sound like since they are not mentioned by any site/nor a music reviewist.

If you are unfamiliar with the greek spelling here it is spelled
AXIOKRATIKA-Oriones apparently this band sings in Greek.

About the Leviathan band i presented you.I asked and they have a demo in 1989 most possiblly never released.This band played technical Crimson Glory style.

The last month i listened to BLACK FATE's demo-A Piece Of Dream from 1993(they have also a 1992 which i am looking for)
If you like Power Metal like SANCTUARY/SOLAR EAGLE/SALEM'S LAW without the vocal exaggeration you must absolutely hear them.This band is easely one of the very best ever came out in this genre.Amazing!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Bit of a false alarm there. Apparently the name of the band is ORIONES and juging by the mp3s on their home page we're talking melodic rock. The album above is from '92.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Strikelight are worth a shot if you want christian speed to nwobhm as if it is 1984 or 5. I saw them live in Drama two days ago, good fun.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

Noisenik wrote:I'm after.....

Death Courier
hey N.

i have a death courier tape but i'm not well schooled with the upload/download shenannigans.

i can dub it, xerox the cover and post it to you if DaN can't locate his mp3s (Just PM and let me know if you want it)
otakon

Post by otakon »

I got Death Courier's Necrorgasm on mp3... but i dont think its very clear, a good dub would be great!

i have Danger Cross's Recitation Of Death too, thanks to Astaroth last year :D