Now playing thread (OLD'n'locked)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Samson - Head On
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

DARK TYRANT - demo 83

One of the greatest band names ever. And Swedish Speed Metal pioneers at that! The kind of band you wanna do a ltd ed 50 copies vinyl release of, with shitty xerox cover, blank labels and zero (0) info included, then sell on eBay for ridiculous prices.

HEAVY METAL FIGHT!!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Virgin Steele-Conjuration of The Watcher
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:Virgin Steele-Conjuration of The Watcher
Um.. is there an official Virgin Steele-version of this song, or are you referring to the Original Sin-recording?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

DaN wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:Virgin Steele-Conjuration of The Watcher
Um.. is there an official Virgin Steele-version of this song, or are you referring to the Original Sin-recording?
official Virgin Steele version man, comes in the Book of Burning Cd,with other great re-recorded songs from their old catalogue :D ...and sounds great! (not like the Original Sin version of corpse...)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I had no clue they had made their own version of this Masterpiece. Since I'm kind of an ambivalent/selective VS-fan I guess I'm off googling the blogs for starters..
MEXDefenderOfSteel

DaN wrote:I had no clue they had made their own version of this Masterpiece. Since I'm kind of an ambivalent/selective VS-fan I guess I'm off googling the blogs for starters..
its really worth it, it was released in 2001
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
DaN wrote:I had no clue they had made their own version of this Masterpiece. Since I'm kind of an ambivalent/selective VS-fan I guess I'm off googling the blogs for starters..
If there ever was solid proof that 'teh internetz' took the edge off Heavy Metal Hunting... :roll:

5 minutes later, including playing time:

This song is just one of those INDESTRUCTIBLE Metal Anthems that not even K*d R**k could destroy, even if he wanted to. It's a cool interpretation, sure, but the VirginSteele-ification do not do it justice imo. It was clearly written to be a relentless SPEED METAL-upfucker, and I don't see why it had to be dumbed down to the AdultOrientedMetal-crowd :?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

DaN wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
If there ever was solid proof that 'teh internetz' took the edge off Heavy Metal Hunting... :roll:

5 minutes later, including playing time:

This song is just one of those INDESTRUCTIBLE Metal Anthems that not even K*d R**k could destroy, even if he wanted to. It's a cool interpretation, sure, but the VirginSteele-ification do not do it justice imo. It was clearly written to be a relentless SPEED METAL-upfucker, and I don't see why it had to be dumbed down to the AdultOrientedMetal-crowd :?
:lol: adultorientedmetal-crowd :lol: i tell u is certainly not the same thing as the Original Sin one, but is still worth listening to...or idk,maybe im just another Virgin Steele fan
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: :lol: adultorientedmetal-crowd :lol: i tell u is certainly not the same thing as the Original Sin one, but is still worth listening to...or idk,maybe im just another Virgin Steele fan
Dude, in just a few weeks' time I'll tell you the loooong story IRL, how this particular song became one of my all-time fave Metal Anthems ever.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

deal then! whisky shots on me 8)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Although Virgin Steele have composed some really TITANIC metal hymns, the ORIGINAL SIN version of this particular track is far better imo.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

edit: notice the cheerful colors!
..made me do it:

Funny thing is I haven't played this Flawless Work Of Art for months. Isn't it amazing what a little cultural enlightment can do for you?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Fates Warning - Guardian

I had a dream I was you, strong as the fire in my veins
And when I called out your name I would remain to witness the pain
I am beyond silent black I will be back
as your guardiaaaaaaaaaaan
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Feline Melinda - You're A Witch