Manilla Road

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What is your favourite Manilla Road release?

Invasion
1%
Metal
2%
Crystal Logic
54%
Open The Gates
17%
The Deluge
7%
Mystification
11%
Out Of The Abyss
2%
The Courts Of Chaos
1%
The Circus Maximus
No votes
Atlantis Rising
1%
Spiral Castle
1%
Mark Of The Beast
2%
Gates Of Fire
No votes

Total votes: 84

The Sentinel

Manilla Road

Post by The Sentinel »

...and why?
Long Live The Loud !!!
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

was out of metal & crystal logic for me, went with crystal logic however for two simple reasons:

• the ram
• dreams of eschaton
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Voted for Crystal Logic. This album is full of epic metal classics: Necropolis, Riddle Master, The Veils of Negative Existence (the best MR song), The Ram (underrated!) and of course Dreams of Eschaton. Great atmosphere, great riffing, memorable tunes, i really can't do without it!

Second best MR album is The Deluge. For the third place there's a battle between Open the Gates and Mark of the Beast.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

CRYSTAL LOGIC without doubt! Unbelievable greatness!!!

I still remember when I first listened to this album like it was only yesterday, although it was back in 1989, fuck where's the time? I never heard the name MANILLA ROAD before, but the cover made me curious. I put the record on the player in this little shop, played exactly until the line "thru the jungle by the river Styx, I journeyed long and far this day" until I put the needle back off, chills ran up and down my spine, I forgot to breath and was totally lost instantly. I went home in a frenzy and tortured all my friends for months with this album, haha (they all hated the vocals, bloody wimps they were).

Next MR choices would be METAL (Cage of Mirrors & titletrack), MYSTIFICATION (Masque of the Red Death, Spirits of the Dead, titletrack), COURTS OF CHAOS (titletrack, Books of Skelos and Touch of Madness) , OUT OF THE ABYSS (Whitechapel, War in Heaven, Helicon), OPEN THE GATES (Ninth wave, Road of Kings), THE DELUGE (Shadows in the Black, titeltrack).
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Crystal Logic of course! The epic songs, some awsome doom riffing, more complex song writing than in their earlier albums and I think that in this album they finally created and mastered that unique sound they became known from.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
otakon

Post by otakon »

definately Crystal Logic!! That album was my introduction to MANILLA ROAD and listening to Necropolis for the first time i was just blown away by the spirit and epic lyrics. I love every song in the album, even Feeling Free Again which some people consider as filler :twisted:
tomas

Post by tomas »

Crystal Logic without a doubt!!!!!
Raw production, great riffing, cool lyrics on the border of the absurd/ludicrous, amaaaaazing vokills, überugly artwork, ... this is a fucking cult classic !!!!!
Levi

Post by Levi »

And another vote for Crystal Logic. Simply one of the best Metal albums ever. Except for 'Feeling Free Again' all killer songs.

Second place would go to The Deluge, 'cause that's the first record I bought from MR.

Really looking forward to their KIT show next year!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I don't think 'Feeling Free' was so bad at all. It's maybe not an epic heavy metal rocker like the others and altough I admit it kinda breaks off from the athmosphere of the album, it's a decent up beat song that stays in your head and introduces another side of MR. It's kinda like a radio hit but it sounds a little obscure, maybe too Manilla Road-ish as one.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Levi

Post by Levi »

Yeah, I don't dislike it, but it doesn't seem to fit in and breaks the atmosphere.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I was between Crystal Logic and Mystification.

Finally Crystal Logic wonned due to more classic songs and it's the first record i heard from them.

Crystal Logic:Hymns like Necropolis,Dreams Of Eschaton,Veils Of Negative Existence,Riddle Master doesn't written every day.The characteristical vocals of Mark Shelton and the Prima Guitar sound make it Cult and Special for all of us.And yes i like all the tracks even the Feeling Free Again!

Mystification:My second fave from Manilla Road.Manilla Road goes thrashy doesn't sound me so bad like others thinked and judged them hard back in the late 80's.Randy Foxxe's drumming is divine in this album some thrashers should hear him and try to immitate him(if they can of course! :lol: )Hymns like Haunted Palace(what a drumming),Death By The Hammer,Up From The Crypt,Spirits Of The Dead,Children Of The Night all are excelent in this album from start to finish.I like also the rough sound a lot.Manilla Road's truest testimony?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I have voted for "The Deluge" and I'm surprised that I'm the only one yet !!
This album contains so much great tracks : "The Deluge (trilogy)" , "Isle of the Dead", Hammer of the Witches", "Dementia", ...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I've voted Mystification. I really adore that one, the maniac riffing on the thrash parts does it for me along with those two godlike overall epic megasongs "Mystification" and "Dragon Star". This album is of course closely followed by Crystal Logic and The Deluge. The latest album is also a ripper!
Long Live The Loud !!!
mordred

Post by mordred »

My eternal favourite album by Manilla Road is "Open the Gates", but I always seem to be the only one to fully fathom its infinite and superior quality.

Second would be Crystal Logic and third - their newest album, Gates of Fire.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
christiandiaz

Post by christiandiaz »

For me Crystal Logic(of the three records I have).